ICH7R/8R patch for JaS 10.4.8 Intel/AMD SSE2/SSE3

Guest bikedude880

78 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me what exactly the patch does? The DVD can find my SATA drive and installs. but not after it gets installed to the HD, I get the "Still waiting for" error.

My id is 0x28218086, and there is no messages about this. Using Asus HP board.

i used the patch, ppf1, diskutil, and ich78

but the installer can't see my sata driver.

i have asus p5b-vm motherboard.

i can't use my sata drive after install either :blush:

i tried to modify some info file according some topics withoud success.

it's a little bit tricky motherboard :(((

how do you do the patching? sorry to ask such a noob question. do you patch it on the iso itself or do you patch it after the installation?

anyway, i can't even get the OSX running on my P5BE Plus board using 965 chipset. tried the tips given on the Asus P5B & Gigabyte DS3 (disabling legacy devices, using AHCI mode, connect the SATA optical drive & HDD to the black ports, etc), no luck, keep hanging the the grey apple logo with the small "no entry" sign. using Jas 10.4.7 btw, not sure how to check what kernel also. :)"

any tips would be greatly appreciated. :)

thx!! u guys are great!! :D

In a Chinese OS X86 forum, someone made patches for ICH8 and ICH8R for Gigabyte GA965 S3\DS3\DS4 DQ6. I have installed ICH8R patch, now both ICH8R SATA and JMicron 363 SATA on my desktop are enabled and work well. Below is the link:

http://bbs.think-different.cn/thread-2641-1-2.html

Please note, you need to register to the forum before you can download any attachment. (I don't think I can post revised kexts here.)

Bruce

post-31635-1174719594_thumb.png

thx for the link. but you need to have the OS already installed before the patch right? installation not successful, how to do the patching? :) must it really be ver 10.4.8 before it can be installed in the 965 chipset?

I used 10.4.8 INTEL SSE3 Only for installation. Just enable AHCI in BIOS, connect your HDD and DVD to ICH8R SATA (with a converter if necessary), the HDD can be recognized during installation without problem. After installation, just apply the patch to enable on-board JM 363 SATA/IDE.

p.s. 10.4.8 INTEL SSE3 Only supports ICH8R SATA but not JM 363 SATA/IDE.

Bruce

Greets on this great scene.. i just need a favore.. Bruce.. i have no idea of Chinese, and i need that patch, could you please upload it on rapidshare or something like that????

Uhhmm me again... well, nevermind.. Godbless translate.google.com :)

i've tried installing & apparently, only the Jas 10.4.8 works for the 965 chipset. (mine was the ordinary Jas, not the 1.ppf ver)

the 1st thing to do is to set the SATA & JMicron settings to AHCI via BIOS.

next i used the XP disc to partition my HDD, but MUST be primary partitions

then install winXP, but MUST have a floppy with the AHCI driver (needed for "press F6 for other drivers") otherwise XP won't install in AHCI mode

after XP is installed, pop in the Jas OS X.4.8 disc & follow thru the installation

after OS X, i did a dual boot using chain0 method. maybe you can boot into OS X alone w/o XP dual booting. i don't know cos i still depend on XP for daily work.

the last part is the most tedious... drivers installation & tweaking for the OS X, which can be found in this forum contributed by cool guys/gals here. :D THX!!

i found that the OS X recognises my IDE Plextor burner (via JMicron) w/o special patch. not sure about the RAID though, if thats what you are running.

oh... from prev page, Bruce has put a link to where a patch is found in order for OS X to recognise the JMicron 363 chip. i found the OS X recognises it (i'm not not in RAID, just AHCI). so maybe there isn't a need for the patch afterall.

anyone can confirm? thx. :)

Thanks, Bruce Wang! I'm going to try this with my MSI P965 Platinum. Same JMB and ICH8r...

Greets on this great scene.. i just need a favore.. Bruce.. i have no idea of Chinese, and i need that patch, could you please upload it on rapidshare or something like that????

Uhhmm me again... well, nevermind.. Godbless translate.google.com :)

No, sir... Babelfish.Altavista.Com forever! Haha..

Anyways, here's a rapidshare for those who would like it:

ICH8: http://rapidshare.com/files/24219242/ICH8patch.zip.html

ICH8R: http://rapidshare.com/files/24218870/IHC8Rpatch.zip.html

Hi, pals!

I got a little prolblema: my RAID 0 array is NOT apperared at System Profiler... I got only two SATA disks, separately.

Intel D975XBX - 2*80Gb SATA Seagte + 250Gb Seagate SATA

Mac OS X 10.4.8 installed onto IDE Seagate 80 Gb hard.

HDDs are connected to ICH7-R's SATA ports (not additional Marvel's chip), RAID array created thru Intel Matrix Storage tool.

SATA is enabled afer applying a bikedude880.ich7r.pkg.zip kext patch (can be found at http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=43785).

All hards have NTFS file system, so could it be a reason of these disks can not be initialized and mounted???

post-31381-1175759970_thumb.jpg

As you can see, I have two 80's ST380811AS, which are detected as two separate HDDs... but in windows there's only one RAID hard drive, with capacity 160Gb.

All hards have NTFS file system, so could it be a reason of these disks can not be initialized and mounted???

Yes. You need to create the RAID array under Mac OS X to make the system recognize it (Apple Software Raid).

a new twist. I have a badax where the windows install is on a strip array and the osx install is on a seperate sata drive that is not part of the array. I can boot that osx install fine when the drives are set to ahci in the bios but not when the bios is set to configure sata as raid. If I boot a osx install that I have on IDE when the system is set for raid it recognizes and I can use any non strip sata drive.

Any way I can keep my system set for raid yet still have acronis or some other method boot the sata os x install??

Thanks

The ICH8 Patch works for the first two ports on a Gigabyte GA-965P-S3, still no go with the last 2 ports. There must be something to make those last two ports to work, I don't think it's impossible.

ICH8 + JMicron GA-965P-S3 = still two SATA (purple JM) and two more AHCI (orange ICH8). IDE works even before the supplied ICH8 patch. Last two orange ICH8 AHCI ports still not detected by OS X.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...