ICH7R/8R patch for JaS 10.4.8 Intel/AMD SSE2/SSE3

Guest bikedude880

78 posts in this topic

Ok then, i have ich7-r ,my system runs ok and very stable BUT, the disks are somewhat slow, is there a way to apply this patch after the instalation?, Biker could you just share your pkg installer? i dont have jas v1 disk, only v2 and doesnt work with it.

THANKS

Bikedude, i tried your patch, i have a gigayte dq6 mobo which comes with ICH8R, it didn't work, the osx didnt reognize any of the HD connected to the northbridge chip, i am 100% sure of my patching, i first patched with jas ppfv1, the disk fix patch.. finally urs.. your patch appeared in the customization install option, but as i said was no any kind of detection... any ideas?

I try the NATIVE installation with VMWARE. I installed MacOSX on the Harddisk via VMWare. That works. I can boot my VirtualMachine and it works.

But if i boot directly from the Harddrive, the grey apple screen comes up, and after a few seconds the boot hangs.

bye Chris...

Guest bikedude880

Ok, first off: I don't have an ICH8R based mobo so I couldn't really verify that this worked before posting it. Second: The dev/ven id's in the kext are all the ones for the ICH8R ata/sata controller.

I don't have the time or energy to maintain this so someone knowledgeable (knows how to properly create and patch a DVD, modify the Extensions.mkext file, and in the process of all this, still walk away with a DVD that boots) might want to step up and get this fixed.

This patch allows the DVD to recognize the SATA drives on the ICH7R and ICH8R southbridge and contains a package that contains the same patch for HD installation.

ICH7R/8R patch for JaS 10.4.8 Intel/AMD SSE2/SSE3

EDIT: Apply this patch only after you have applied the following patches:

• JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSe2.SSe3.v1p.ppf
  • Defiant.diskutil.7.ppf

I'm going to get the v1p patch as soon as I can get a demonoid invite (posted on the invitation thread). However, I can't find the Defiant.diskutil.7.ppf. I feel a little dumb, but google isn't helping either is search on these forums. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

--

Asus P5B-VM... working on getting JaS 10.4.8 installed

can i get the driver seperatly anywhere? i had no luck with the jas 10.4.8 so i startet with 10.4.5 in vm ware (physical harddrive install) and updateted manualy 10.4.7. no i need the ich7r/8r driver to get it work native on my asus p5b-vm do.

I'm going to get the v1p patch as soon as I can get a demonoid invite (posted on the invitation thread). However, I can't find the Defiant.diskutil.7.ppf. I feel a little dumb, but google isn't helping either is search on these forums. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Just was looking for that myself... you might have missed it when you searched the forums, but it is in this thread. It's the first downloadable file. Just a warning, I am currently downloading it I'm not sure if it works or not. I'll post back if it doesn't.

Here

Thanks.

--

Asus P5B-VM... working on getting JaS 10.4.8 installed

fyi demonid is currently OPEN for registration meaning no invite code is needed to register an account atm

Hello,

Can some one help me with the configuration of the IDE controller?

I have a asus p5w-dh board with e6600, 2 gb Ram, Saphire X1900XT...

My configuration is:

I have the dvd-rom and the disk of the Mac OS X on the IDE controller, my windows xp is on a strip set on the sata controller. The controller is in Raid mode because of the strip set.

I dont need to se or using the sata drives, I only need to work whit de IDE disk tha is on the same controller as the DVD.

The Problem:

I install the last version 10.4.8 with JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSe2.SSe3.v1p.ppf, Defiant.diskutil.7.ppf and

ICH7R/8R patch for JaS 10.4.8 Intel/AMD SSE2/SSE3.

On the first boot they stop with the error "Device blocking bus" :whistle:.

If I edit the IOATAFamily.kext and remove the entry of the ICH7 that correspond to my controller the computer boot normally, and every thing is working, except that the disk is working in PIO mode.

Thanks,

\pg

Hi, can someone give me the correct MD5

i have applied the patches......10.4.8 with JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSe2.SSe3.v1p.ppf, Defiant.diskutil.7.ppf and

ICH7R/8R patch for JaS 10.4.8 Intel/AMD SSE2/SSE3.

My MD5 is 485DE22408AB0B4A832BC69C22F56560

Is that correct

Thanks Mike

So where can I download this from since I can't download it from Demonoid...? Does anyone think this will solve my installation problems (no root device) I am currently on a GA-945P-S3 and can't get this working for the life of me. I'm about to give up and return my hardware.