ICH7R/8R patch for JaS 10.4.8 Intel/AMD SSE2/SSE3

Guest bikedude880

78 posts in this topic

Guest bikedude880

This patch allows the DVD to recognize the SATA drives on the ICH7R and ICH8R southbridge and contains a package that contains the same patch for HD installation.

ICH7R/8R patch for JaS 10.4.8 Intel/AMD SSE2/SSE3

EDIT: Apply this patch only after you have applied the following patches:

• JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSe2.SSe3.v1p.ppf
  • Defiant.diskutil.7.ppf

sorry bikerdude can u clarify for me what this does as i have sata drives on my mobo using ichr 7 and they seem to detect fine with the jas 10.4.8 with the v1 + defiant patch.... even my sata dvd drive is working i juz wanna know b4 i apply the patch... thx! I'm using the asus p5wdh deluxe board with the 975x chipset for reference....

Edited by hixatchi

i could've sworn you've released previously a 33mb patch like this called 'bikedude880.ich7-r.ppf'. what difference does it have over this 10mb file? and which one do you recommend we use?

i have an JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSe2.SSe3.v1p.ppf'ed ISO but haven't applied the defiant patch yet.

anyhow, so far, without the defiant patch, i don't have problems re-formatting my OSX partition during install and the diskutil of the installer processes formatting fairly quicker than previous builds.

Guest bikedude880
sorry bikerdude can u clarify for me what this does as i have sata drives on my mobo using ichr 7 and they seem to detect fine with the jas 10.4.8 with the v1 + defiant patch.... even my sata dvd drive is working i juz wanna know b4 i apply the patch... thx! I'm using the asus p5wdh deluxe board with the 975x chipset for reference....

If your drives are already detected by the installer and Mac OS X in general, than you DO NOT need this patch. All it does is enable people who are having trouble to install on the aforementioned chipsets on proprietary hardware (where you can't change the use of the controller from raid to IDE).

i could've sworn you've released previously a 33mb patch like this called 'bikedude880.ich7-r.ppf'. what difference does it have over this 10mb file? and which one do you recommend we use?

i have an JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSe2.SSe3.v1p.ppf'ed ISO but haven't applied the defiant patch yet.

anyhow, so far, without the defiant patch, i don't have problems re-formatting my OSX partition during install and the diskutil of the installer processes formatting fairly quicker than previous builds.

Yes, I did release a 33MB patch (why t was 33 MB is beyond me right now) for ICH7R. I recommend that users having trouble installing to the afforementioned chipsets use this patch. It contains the patch for ICH7R and ICH8R in a clean, easy patch. The reason I state that you should apply it after the Defiant patch is so that your ISO matches the pre-patched ISO that I used. Kind of helps keep things consistent and in case things go wrong, I can easily blame it on the lack of a certain patch.

It is essential however that the JaS ppf has been applied to the stock ISO before this patch is applied as the files I edited will be overwritten if another patch is applied that modifies either the OSInstall.mpkg or the Extensions.mkext files.

You have been warned. :(

Yes, I did release a 33MB patch (why t was 33 MB is beyond me right now) for ICH7R. I recommend that users having trouble installing to the afforementioned chipsets use this patch. It contains the patch for ICH7R and ICH8R in a clean, easy patch. The reason I state that you should apply it after the Defiant patch is so that your ISO matches the pre-patched ISO that I used. Kind of helps keep things consistent and in case things go wrong, I can easily blame it on the lack of a certain patch.

It is essential however that the JaS ppf has been applied to the stock ISO before this patch is applied as the files I edited will be overwritten if another patch is applied that modifies either the OSInstall.mpkg or the Extensions.mkext files.

You have been warned. :P

I see. My question now is which of the 2 ICH7/R patches you released should I use if I already have a PPF1->Defiant patched JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSe2.SSe3 ISO? The 33mb or this one (or both)?

I am confused because this one is so small compared to the first patch you released. So I would suppose, this patch has some sort of dependency to the first one you released (33mb - bikedude880.ich7-r.ppf).

Thank you. :(

Guest bikedude880
I see. My question now is which of the 2 ICH7/R patches you released should I use if I already have a PPF1->Defiant patched JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSe2.SSe3 ISO? The 33mb or this one (or both)?

I am confused because this one is so small compared to the first patch you released. So I would suppose, this patch has some sort of dependency to the first one you released (33mb - bikedude880.ich7-r.ppf).

Thank you. :)

It has no dependency except for the two patches that I listed above. It seems that the previous patch (ICH7R only) had the Defiant patch included as well. You only need this one for either ICH7R or ICH8R.

Guest bikedude880
will this patch update this:

Jas 10.4.8 with v1p and Deviant Disk Utility Patches attached

?

Well if you had read my VERY FIRST POST, you would know the answer to that question.

I have downloaded the file an start firsttime the Diskutil patch. Then i start the ichxr patch, but ppf-o-matics seems to be hang out? Whats wrong?

bye Chris...

EDIT: Forget it! :) I have download the patch again! And now it works.

Edited by Chris72

@fiddletwix: I have a Dell Dimension 9200 to. Yesterday i patch my MacOs ISO with the Diskutility and then with the ICH8R Patch. The new DVD won't work. :P

In the night i download a new MacOS X ISO icluded with the v1 Patch. Today i will try it again. You must boot your DVD from an external USB IDE DVD ROM! With the integrated DVD drive it will not work.

bye Chris...

I have now a succesfully patched 10.4.8 DVD (inkl. v1p, Deviant Disk Util and ICH8r), i boot the DVD from an external DVD drive, but the setup program did not found my internal Harddrives. Is there now way to install Mac OS on my Dell Dimension 9200????

bye Chris...

Hello,

I've got a dell E520 and I didn't succeed...

So I get My JaS 10.4.8,

I patched it one time with sse2sse3.ppf,

Patched it with defiant,

and finally patched it again with bikedude...

I'm steel have an error message.

Here my black screen :

post-76879-1171865993_thumb.jpg

It' s so hard to tune my pc into a mac... :hysterical:

Please help me...

Edited by duba

What Chris72 is experiencing is pretty much what I am experiencing. I boot off a USB DVD drive but none of my sata harddrives are recognized. I'm a little fuzzy on what kext files to edit to try to get my device recognized. Dell Dimension 9200s come with a ICH8R based board with no IDE ports. In the bios my only options are RAID or Autodetect/RAID. Both settings come up short :/

Any hints or thoughts are appreciated.

@duba: I think no! I have make the following test:

JAS 10.4.8 with the following Patches:

v1p Patch

Deviant Diskutil Patch

ICH8R Patch

I boot from an external DVD drive and i installed the Mac OSX on a external USB HARDDRIVE. That works!

After the installation, the Mac OS hangs when it is booting from the external USB Harddrive.

I have no other idea what can i do , to install MacOS on my Dell Dimension 9200! :)

bye Chris...

I believe the Dell 9200 is pretty much the same as the Dell XPS 410. You may want to use the following thread for reference:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=28138&st=0

Thanks drew,

because "slave-zeo" put his harddrive into an other computer. But this helps me not this time. I think i will try the VMVare 2 Native solution.

bye Chris...

If your drives are already detected by the installer and Mac OS X in general, than you DO NOT need this patch. All it does is enable people who are having trouble to install on the aforementioned chipsets on proprietary hardware (where you can't change the use of the controller from raid to IDE).

So, If I understood well, this patch gives support for ICH7-r SATA controller on RAID mode? I have ICH7-r working but I want to have support for HDD hot-plug, will this patch help me?