Safe to buy through ebay?

4 posts in this topic

I was looking into buying an ipod through ebay, but is it safe? I heard stories that sometimes people steal products, and sell them thru ebay...

if so, and i end up with a stolen ipod, when i try to register it, will something happen to me? buying online has always made me cautious..

what do some of you think? apple can track stolen products when you try to register it am i correct?

I was looking into buying an ipod through ebay, but is it safe? I heard stories that sometimes people steal products, and sell them thru ebay...

if so, and i end up with a stolen ipod, when i try to register it, will something happen to me? buying online has always made me cautious..

what do some of you think? apple can track stolen products when you try to register it am i correct?

I've bought loads of stuff through eBay, always used PayPal and not had a problem. If you use your common sense, and do a bit of reading up you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Remember if it looks too good to be true, it often is...

As a mild precaution I would ask the seller to give you the serial number(s) of the iPod(s) he's selling. If he's legit he shouldn't have a problem doing that. (BTW I reckon good sellers should mention the S/N on their page anyway.) You can then email the number to Apple CS and see if they have any reports about iPods that fell off the lorry.

Even in case it's nicked, when you purchase it in good faith you won't run into legal hassle - at least in the countries I know.

Beware of cheap bootlegs though. Last week I saw a whole bunch of them on a computer fair for 40£ each. Definitely too good to be true...

Apart from that I never had any problems buying on ebay.