[How To] Mac OS X 86 on ThinkPad T43

rathalos

70 posts in this topic

Hi Rob,

For Keyboard and mouse, just use Brazil's kext from his patch tools.

For Ethernet, I have to add the AppleBCM57xxEthernet.kext into /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ directory

then reboot.

After lost of try regarding Ricoh 5L5c476 II Cardbus adapter, using old kext running on 10.4.8 or others ... nothing except a kernel panic.

So please, if someone know how have cardbus running .... :lol:

i installed mac.nub's 10.4.10 on my t43 and have everything working but QE/CI ..i've gone through every guide i can find and reinstalled upwards of 10 times trying to get video to properly work. currently im running without any driver support and just hacked my screen res into the com.apple.boot.plist file.

anyone get proper x300 support in this release?

• 2 weeks later...
That's because demonoid was shutdown ...look at other trackers. (believe it or not, useful torrent sites besides the demon DO exist)

OK, already know that demonoid it's down. I google 'JaS 10.4.8 Intel SS2 Only combo update' and doesn't return many matches. That's why i post this question in the forum, for someone who can post a link, a tracker, etc.

Thank you.-

i also use a t43.

my question is, that i don´t want to make an osx only install.

so i run xp since have a year now without any probs.

is there an option, to install osx next to xp on a newly created partition on my main disk?

i tried this allready, but on install process, osx doesn´t find a free parition.

do i have to format it under xp in a special way?

thx

OK, already know that demonoid it's down. I google 'JaS 10.4.8 Intel SS2 Only combo update' and doesn't return many matches. That's why i post this question in the forum, for someone who can post a link, a tracker, etc.Thank you.-
Well this is a thread specific to installing on the IBM t43 ...ask your question somewhere else since it has no relevance to the topic. Also, if you GO to one of the other tracker sites instead of google'ing you might just find what you're looking for. Thirdly, links, trackers, etc to such files aren't allowed to be posted here ...so get your hands dirty and figure something out.
i also use a t43.my question is, that i don´t want to make an osx only install.so i run xp since have a year now without any probs.is there an option, to install osx next to xp on a newly created partition on my main disk?i tried this allready, but on install process, osx doesn´t find a free parition.do i have to format it under xp in a special way?thx
There are extensive threads scattered all throughout this forum that answer these questions for you. Browse around and you'll find what you are looking for.

hi.

i allready found in the wiki the dual boot option

my problem is, that using disc utility is, that it wants to completely erase my c drive, where xp is allready on.

i have an 80 gig c drive with 60 gig for windows and made a new parition with 20 gig for osx (fat32 formatted).

after choosing in disc utility the 20 gig parition i can make it new, but i say´s that it will erase the complete c hard drive.

so i didn´t go on.

maybe you have a hint for me how to go on.

thx

hi.

i allready found in the wiki the dual boot option

my problem is, that using disc utility is, that it wants to completely erase my c drive, where xp is allready on.

i have an 80 gig c drive with 60 gig for windows and made a new parition with 20 gig for osx (fat32 formatted).

after choosing in disc utility the 20 gig parition i can make it new, but i say´s that it will erase the complete c hard drive.

so i didn´t go on.

maybe you have a hint for me how to go on.

thx

i would ask around in the dual boot threads. i converted to OS X completely, so i don't know about the dual booting methods.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thank you for this guide Ratholos.

I also have a T43 with an identical ATI x300, device ID 5460.

I used JAS 10.4.8 install DVD, and later installed all the ATI extensions from the 10.4.6 intel update from Apple's website. Following your directions I installed semthex's kernel_beta9.6, Koverg_patch9700_v0.2 and Callisto_b006.

This allowed me to change resolutions all the way up to my native resolution of 1400x1050 but still no QE/CI.

When I change my IONDRFramebuffer to CallistoFB in ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin I have the same issue ufens is having: "I'm experimenting a complete displacement (i.e. garbled content) on every window whenever I move it or scroll in it either using the mouse wheel or the window arrows."

When I change the framebuffer back to IONDRFramebuffer, this problem goes away.  But either way, QE/CI is always disabled.

I am considering reinstalling OS X so i can start fresh again, I previously installed katana and other versions of callisto, although I replaced the old versions of callisto, I think this might be causing some conflicts.  But this is going to be a lot of work and require me to reinstall all my applications, etc.

Any ideas as to why this might be happening?  I am going through and re-installing all the graphics related extensions I can find, including the OpenGL.framework from the 10.4.6 update and the Applicationservices.framework because it includes

Coregraphics.framework.

I will make another post if these changes help enable QE/CI.

On a side note, my wireless, ethernet, audio, bluetooth and power management all work perfectly.

Hi guys, i wont be officially supporting this thread anymore, cos i've moved on to the official macbook pro... the t43 has been passed on to my bro, who would be continuing to hack and run leo on it...

thanks...