It's happened, Expose for Vista is here.

Bartboy919

52 posts in this topic

eLMafUDD, these anti-MS people never let logic or facts get in their way.

Aside from some bugs it works quite well.

Did you ever think for one second that people use Mac's/OS X here and there is plenty of reasons to be "anti-MS", Vista is one of them. Are you one of them users who dont care they have the keys to your house?

BRP, why would I believe that is a joke when it's quite the common theme around here?

Forceman, I have the keys to my home and I enjoy having them. Here, let me make an assumption, are you one of those users who don't care that they do not have the keys to their house or the ability to change their furniture, appliances, etc and have their decisions made for them ?

"You were the douchebag first, douchebag."

See, Vista is a shameless imitator...
Note the terseness of the phrase and how he trails off without backing himself up. A troll would be more inflammatory. A sarcastic person would overplay it. No, this is rather nonchalant but clearly a lie, and should not be meant to be taken as a serious point due to the fact that a simple statement like this is incapable of making it clear as to the poster's intention. But then:
Oh come on, just ignore it. But the developer is very good because he can copy Expose.. Have telent.
Whatever "telent" means. Then:
I fail to see how vista is a copying this, when a 3rd party developer has created this application.
Expressing doubt about whether Apple Freak was actually serious. Still neutral, though.
eLMafUDD, these anti-MS people never let logic or facts get in their way.
Blam. You talk about "these anti-MS people" who never let "logic or facts get in their way", as if these people don't deserve any sort of respect, and like they would never read what you say (hey, in real life, do you go up talk trash about people ignoring the fact that they're there? I sure hope you don't, and if you do, remind me to never meet up with you.). That amounts to flaming in some circles, and hell, if I were eLMafUDD, I'd be a little embarassed to be addressed by you with such a statement.

So to answer your question: "BRP, why would I believe that is a joke when it's quite the common theme around here?"

I believe it's a joke and that you shouldn't be such a jackass (if you will please excuse my language) regardless of whether or not you think they are, especially when it's ambiguous. It's just good etiquette.

(and now, back to your regularly scheduled on-topic discussion!)

BRP, why would I believe that is a joke when it's quite the common theme around here?

Forceman, I have the keys to my home and I enjoy having them. Here, let me make an assumption, are you one of those users who don't care that they do not have the keys to their house or the ability to change their furniture, appliances, etc and have their decisions made for them ?

The only reason I keep Windows on is because of two games for my wife,other than that I dont like MS spying on me and able to see what I have on my computer. There shameless license grants them full access to your computer and there for have the keys to your house, able to walk in whenever they please.

I guess it's only a matter of time before Vista gets a expose like feature, it's the only way they can catchup to OS X and Linux, after all innovation is not one of Microsoft's strong points is it.

The only reason I keep Windows on is because of two games for my wife,other than that I dont like MS spying on me and able to see what I have on my computer. There shameless license grants them full access to your computer and there for have the keys to your house, able to walk in whenever they please.

I guess it's only a matter of time before Vista gets a expose like feature, it's the only way they can catchup to OS X and Linux, after all innovation is not one of Microsoft's strong points is it.

Forceman, your tin foil hat is on a little too tight.

> I dont like MS spying on me and able to see what I have on my computer

How exactly are they 'spying' on you and how are they seeing what you have on your computer ?

> There shameless license grants them full access to your computer

Care to point this out ?

> .. it's the only way they can catchup to OS X and Linux, after all innovation is not one of Microsoft's strong points is it.

Yeah, it's not like Windows has Fast User Switching (Windows XP in 2001 / OSX 10.3 in 2003), Gadgets (Longhorn Build 3683 in 2002 / OSX 10.4 in 2005), Fax (Windows XP in 2001 / OSX 10.3 in 2003), Virtual Folders (Early Longhorn build), built in Zip support (Windows XP in 2001 / OSX 10.3 in 2003), 'good' search (Early Longhorn build in ~2002 / OSX 10.4 in 2005), DCE/DWM, basic security (Windows XP in 2001 / OSX 10.3 in 2003), file recovery (Shadow copy in Server 2003 / Leopard in .. ?), Core Ani, etc.

The bottom line is, Microsoft has announced many things, and had them in development longer (By development I mean in actual builds of the OS which were distributed to developers, beta testers, etc) than Apple it's just that Mac OS is different (Doesn't really go on major releases, but rather minor releases more often) and was able to get them out quicker.

Apple is one of the worst (If not the worst) companies for taking something which exists, improving / changing it slightly and than taking full credit for it but they're also first with a lot of things and improve things which have existed heaps. <_<

Edited by robotskip

Well Vista has so few good features, we should give the guy some credit for doing something good for it, Microsoft couldn't in the five years they were developing it.

Well As I understand then the longhorn project seemed to be pretty going! But the only problem what i heard was that it was an ram-eater.. But nevertheless they were making progress with it. I don't know why did they have to close it and make this pointless vista...

Obviously you have no clue to what I'm talking about so thats where that subject ends.

Yes of course Apple copied off Longhorn/Vista and release five OS X versions while MS only managed one. I got to hand it to you, your funny I'll give you that. :hysterical:

Obviously you have no clue to what I'm talking about so thats where that subject ends.

Yes of course Apple copied off Longhorn/Vista and release five OS X versions while MS only managed one. I got to hand it to you, your funny I'll give you that. :lol:

Ask yourself this question, Who too more of your money, mirosoft or Apple? If you bought every ypgrade from 10.0 -10.4 and got XP and Vista, Apple took more of your money.

Yes of course Apple copied off Longhorn/Vista and release five OS X versions while MS only managed one. I got to hand it to you, your funny I'll give you that. :P

Could you please attempt to read my post in it's entirety because judging by your post, you don't have a clue as to what I was saying and the reasoning behind OS X being labelled as a 'copier' too.

Ask yourself this question, Who too more of your money, mirosoft or Apple? If you bought every ypgrade from 10.0 -10.4 and got XP and Vista, Apple took more of your money.

People dont mind paying for something worth while, people pay for SUSE every release because they know what they are getting. You sure have to pay for Vista though, £350 for ultimate is a rip off and cut down version of Vista still dont even come close to what Tiger has to offer. Anyway, welcome to the 21st century Vista users which came at a ££££ WOW.

At least someone manages to bring expose feature to Vista, welcome to the modern world.

Lets make the calculation:

Price without reduction from Amazon(List price):

(I dont remember the prices of older OSX, so I take 130$ of Tiger, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheetah 10.0 130$

Puma 10.1 (free upgrade)

Jaguar 130$

Panther 130$

Tiger 130$

----------------

520$

WindowsXP 200$

VISTA Home Basic 100$

-------------

300$

(Taking home basic, because you dont have iLife for free either)

While 10.1 was a free upgrade from 10.0, you still say true, it would be more expensive, but then again, XP users had an old fashioned system for years. And with Apple, when you get a new Computer in 2-3 years, you always get the new system with it, while Windows users(like me until(edit) last year) were stuck with "new" XP licenses for 5 years. And thats the point, I for one, dont buy OSes until I get the license with a new Computer.

I dont care what people think, which system is better. Actually there are alot of improvements in VISTA over XP, like Search, and it seems more stable, but OSX is still the better System for me. It is designed to be easy which Windows still doesnt manage to do, IMO. My personal taste finds aeroglass horrible, glass is useless, and the rest is too glowing and shiny, which is just dépassé. I had some good XP themes I prefer over aero anytime.

But the next Windows is due 2009. We'll see what Microsoft will com up with.. VistaSP2 for 299$?

Adding this Exposé feature to Vista is cool though. I often try to activate Exposé under Windows, just out of habit, now I can actually do it. Sounds good for me. :stretcher:

Edited by Harrobbed

Lets make the calculation:

Price without reduction from Amazon(List price):

(I dont remember the prices of older OSX, so I take 130$ of Tiger, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheetah 10.0 130$

Puma 10.1 (free upgrade)

Jaguar 130$

Panther 130$

Tiger 130$

----------------

520$

WindowsXP 200$

VISTA Home Basic 100$

-------------

300$

(Taking home basic, because you dont have iLife for free either)

While 10.1 was a free upgrade from 10.0, you still say true, it would be more expensive, but then again, XP users had an old fashioned system for years. And with Apple, when you get a new Computer in 2-3 years, you always get the new system with it, while Windows users(like me until(edit) last year) were stuck with "new" XP licenses for 5 years. And thats the point, I for one, dont buy OSes until I get the license with a new Computer.

I dont care what people think, which system is better. Actually there are alot of improvements in VISTA over XP, like Search, and it seems more stable, but OSX is still the better System for me. It is designed to be easy which Windows still doesnt manage to do, IMO. My personal taste finds aeroglass horrible, glass is useless, and the rest is too glowing and shiny, which is just dépassé. I had some good XP themes I prefer over aero anytime.

But the next Windows is due 2009. We'll see what Microsoft will com up with.. VistaSP2 for 299$?

Adding this Exposé feature to Vista is cool though. I often try to activate Exposé under Windows, just out of habit, now I can actually do it. Sounds good for me. :hysterical:

Vista home basic is hardly a fair comparison since it dont have Aero. Tiger has more features than Vista ultimate so compare it with that. Plus the fact that it's only $199 for five machines with Tiger.

See, Vista is a shameless imitator...

Well if vista can do with why cannot someone else do it? I say it is very fair for this kind off ripoff that vista did.

Is this a kubuntu version some kind of? Or linux updated with some program?

I watched videos on youtube and there it was called kubuntu.