• 24 posts
Anyone using this? at least it's UB.

MenZa

MenZa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
Unless you know how to use GIMP, don't bother installing it. It does absolutely nothing that makes it feel more like Photoshop, unfortunately.

Alucard!

Alucard!

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
I thought the same way at first. " the gimp sucks and the photoshop is good" What is mostly right. But when I installed my hackintosh then I thought different. The fact that jea photoshop is great and u can do a lot of things in there and it is very comfortable. But! THe fackt that it takes allmost all your ram ! And that when u deal with photos with size like 2 mb or more then I seem to be likeing gimp more.

Gimp is like paint. It is small and there is nothing to eat my ram. It just runs faster and works more stable.

errandwolfe

errandwolfe

Usurper of Wilson, King of Prussia

• Donators
  • 1,429 posts
I don't know, for me I am just more comfortable with GimpShop. It does feel more like Photoshop, and barring some miracle where I can actually afford CS3 (or someone can send me a valid key), it is the program I have decided to stick with.

Kousotsu

Kousotsu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
I have used gimp for a while now but still never installed this. And the only version I use of PS is 7 (cause I own that one)

MenZa

MenZa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

I don't know, for me I am just more comfortable with GimpShop. It does feel more like Photoshop, and barring some miracle where I can actually afford CS3 (or someone can send me a valid key), it is the program I have decided to stick with.

Assuming you're undergoing any type of education, you can get quite a bit of the price down with Adobe (CS2 is a tenth of the price as an Edu version).

Alucard!

Alucard!

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

You know that there are always cracks and hacks for it? :-)
if you use Google wisely then you should be able to find it within five links.

errandwolfe

errandwolfe

Usurper of Wilson, King of Prussia

• Donators
  • 1,429 posts
Oh I know such things exist, was just saying for the "average" person it is a great alternative to Photoshop. Been running the beta of CS3, and have to say I even prefer Gimpshop. But hey, that is just my opinion.

track09

track09

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Sorry, but GIMP sucks no matter what. It's the one piece of open source software I absolutely still loathe.

jrrjrr

jrrjrr

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 289 posts
There is a sort of native Mac fork of The GIMP here, but it has been a quiet project in the past year:

http://seashore.sour...e.net/index.php

soundboy

soundboy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Somehow I botched the xinitrc and don't know how to get back... all text comes up as boxes :D

NEW USER> REINSTALL.. Gimpshop is nice. really powerful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy