NS-2 nam compile problem

Markandeya

3 posts in this topic

I don't know if this is the right place but I am having difficulty to compile nam program in the NS-2 network simulator. ./configure option works fine but when I do make it gives me error which I couldn't find solution for it. Here is the out put.

rm -f nam

g++ -o nam \

tkcompat.o tkUnixInit.o xwd.o netview.o netmodel.o edge.o packet.o node.o main.o trace.o queue.o drop.o animation.o agent.o feature.o route.o transform.o paint.o state.o monitor.o anetmodel.o random.o rng.o view.o graphview.o netgraph.o tracehook.o lan.o psview.o group.o editview.o tag.o address.o animator.o wnetmodel.o nam_stream.o enetmodel.o testview.o parser.o trafficsource.o lossmodel.o queuehandle.o gen/version.o gen/nam_tcl.o -L/Applications/ns-allinone-2.30/tclcl-1.18 -ltclcl -L/Applications/ns-allinone-2.30/otcl -lotcl -L/Applications/ns-allinone-2.30/lib -ltk8.4 -L/Applications/ns-allinone-2.30/lib -ltcl8.4 -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXext -lX11 -lintl -lm

/usr/bin/ld_classic: Undefined symbols:

_TkCreateXEventSource

_gzclose

_gzeof

_gzgetc

_gzgets

_gzopen

_gzread

_gzseek

_gztell

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [nam]Error 1

Ok so far I fix some problem. It was not seeing the zlib file. Changing the configure --with-zlib=destination fix that but I still have problem...

rm -f nam

g++ -o nam \

tkcompat.o tkUnixInit.o xwd.o netview.o netmodel.o edge.o packet.o node.o main.o trace.o queue.o drop.o animation.o agent.o feature.o route.o transform.o paint.o state.o monitor.o anetmodel.o random.o rng.o view.o graphview.o netgraph.o tracehook.o lan.o psview.o group.o editview.o tag.o address.o animator.o wnetmodel.o nam_stream.o enetmodel.o testview.o parser.o trafficsource.o lossmodel.o queuehandle.o gen/version.o gen/nam_tcl.o -L/Applications/ns-allinone-2.30/tclcl-1.18 -ltclcl -L/Applications/ns-allinone-2.30/otcl -lotcl -L/Applications/ns-allinone-2.30/lib -ltk8.4 -L/Applications/ns-allinone-2.30/lib -ltcl8.4 -L/Applications/ns-allinone-2.30/zlib-1.2.3 -lz -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXext -lX11 -lintl -lm

/usr/bin/ld_classic: Undefined symbols:

_TkCreateXEventSource

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [nam] Error 1

Edited by Markandeya

• 2 years later...
I don't know if this is the right place but I am having difficulty to compile nam program in the NS-2 network simulator. ./configure option works fine but when I do make it gives me error which I couldn't find solution for it. Here is the out put.

Ok so far I fix some problem. It was not seeing the zlib file. Changing the configure --with-zlib=destination fix that but I still have problem...

Hello,

I've precompiled a binaries only version of NS2-2.34 suitable for 10.5.x and 10.6x.

feel free to download it from: http://aladino.dmi.unict.it/?a=ns2

happy simulations!

hello,

I've already downloaded and installed this binary on my macbook pro. After that I type the command "ns" under the Terminal , it's successful to come the sign "%" . Thanks for your contribution.

But today I try to add my own Agent file (.cc .h) into the ns-allinone-2.34 (locate at "/ ") and remake the ns-2.34, it doesn't work any more and "ns" command can also not be found under the terminal. Here is my steps:

1. add my (myagent.cc, myagent.h) file into /ns-allinone-2.34/ns-2.34/myfiles (the binaries seem that automatically installed under "/")

2. change the Makefile of ns-2.34, add the line "/myfiles/myagent.o" into OBJ_CC

3. To remake the ns-2.34 , I type the commands "make clean" and then "make" in terminal under /ns2-allinone-2.34/ns-2.34

Have you any ideas about this trouble? Because I installed and compiled successfully the NS2 in mac os 10.5.x before, and after the upgrading the system to 10.6.x, it doesn't work anymore and gives me a headache. Thank you again for your attention and reply. Anyway, this binary is a great job for mac users who would like simulate with ns2. :rolleyes:

Hello,

I've precompiled a binaries only version of NS2-2.34 suitable for 10.5.x and 10.6x.

feel free to download it from: http://aladino.dmi.unict.it/?a=ns2

happy simulations!