Introduce Yourself

Swad

213 posts in this topic

I'm Lisa, was introduced to the Mac by Sumyungai from here...

I have 4 girls aged from 11 to 4,

love horses, animation, web design etc

I am extermely persistant it took me a week to get leopard up and running on my acer, but I kept at it and have it mostly going but no sound yet. and i use a usb for internet.

I hate liars, and guys that date you to get over exes...lol been there done that.

Honesty is a big thing to me,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yo, I am BukTeef. Gangsta from da Cupertino hood. I make rap music about Apple Computer and ma G4 Towar cuz u get moar power in da G4 tower. yo yo yo Oh and i Own iPhone.

I will share my greatness with this community.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all!

I never knew about this forum. I've been a Mac switcher for a couple of years now. I often frequent the MacRumors forums but now that I've found this place I will have to split my time!!!

I have a Macbook, last revision. I also own a 2g iPhone. I love Apple's products. Look forward to chatting it up with you guys.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I hate Windows - absolutely to the point that I can no longer take this piece of {censored} OS. I want to run OS X and I even want to run it legally (at least purchase a copy). But I cannot justify the $$ for a MacBook pro right now, so I'd like to go with a Gateway or an HP Laptop. Here are the things I want to do on my Hackintosh:

1. Music / entertainment - sync my iPhone, use Garage Band, watch movies, rent movies,, etc.

2. Remote Access - I'm a network engineer, so I want to be able to use my Mac on a daily basis for telnet / ssh / http / VPN / etc. etc.

3. Install VMware Fusion - for my apps that just don't run on OS X yet; mostly engineering tools.

4. All my web stuff - Bittorrent, YouTube, etc.

I know OS X does all of this stuff - I just want to get to doing it myself on OS X. So, I hope to purchase some laptop and be able to get OS X to function completely on it.

Hi guess I should poke my head around the door !

41 year old sowf lunduner now living in the west of Ireland. My nickname comes from working as a project manager for the overhaul of on of the tube lines in London...so I'll apologise now for all those poor buggers that had to put up with things cocking up on the Central line a few years back lol

My hobbies are "being a nerd" as my wife puts it, restoring classic japanese motorbikes (2 on the go at the moment), shaving my head, growing a beard and consuming more alcohol than is really necessary :D

• 5 weeks later...

Hi @ All.

I joined because I want to thank everyone for all their efforts with all the guides/help for helping me install OS X on my PC.

I've been trying for weeks, and I've tip toed my way there, and today I managed to get everything sorted perfectly without fault.

Each step of the process I came across new errors, and I instinctively Google'd everything... and 99.9% of the time it referred back to this website/forum.. Amazing..

So thanks again, and I hope I can input to this community, but not to the calibre of some of the posters!

Bloomerz :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

im johnyboy i am a avid mac user myself and i am not in collage yet but i am going to get a degree in computer science or international business i have a geo i know i should be proud of it too ive made a few programs and know c c++ and perl and thats about it unless you count basic and thats so easy to learn its not worth saying i know that.

Hi everyone! I'm Hayato and I'm a big Apple/Mac fan. ^_^ The sad thing is that I don't really have a Mac yet, so for now I'm running Windows XP, but I'm planning on getting an iMac very soon online, so I should be making the switch in a little bit. :P Other than computers, I've got a few hobbies like playing guitar and reading manga. Guitar and music in general make up a huge part of my life, so I have five guitars right now, but unfortunately no band yet lol. Oh yeah, and I live in Indiana, but I was originally born in Hawaii and lived in Japan for a good few years (I'm half-Japanese). Anyway, I'm done talking for now. I hope I can become an active member of these forums! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all! I finally decided to settle down into the insanely mac, after Spymac decided to screw us all over a few years back...

Hope to get to know you all soon.

Hello.

Been lurking for about a month and finally decided to register. I need to replace an 11 year old PC I use for music and web browsing and made the quite irrational and costly decision to attempt building a budget Mac Pro to support my growing addiction to photography and video production, despite my lack of technical experience and not having used a Mac on any sort of regularity for over a decade. [/Run-On Sentence]

Well, back to lurking for me! (At least now I can search :) )

Hi, I'm new here at InsanelyMac. I have joined here since January 17, 2008. I joined here because I got a MacBook for Christmas and, of course, finding solutions to the problems that I might be encountering with my MacBook. I'm also a member of MacJams.com and my screename is also known as CoolDude503. I also have a YouTube account named CoolDude503 found at http://www.youtube.com/user/CoolDude503 . I am also looking forward to be on the forum with you guys.

Hi All I'm Jayme I'm 27 english & living in the Uk. I use to be a software analyst working with Unix, Solaris, IBM, SONY, WIN NT. I like to eat lots of food lol and watching horror movies, listening to Enya, Cream anthems, Pop music, Chatting to my friends on msn and irc. Currently interested in the osx86 and ipod touch 2g jailbreak. My name Sk8ergrl is from when I use to rollerblade and I bought a jacket saying "Skater Girl". Loooking forward to meeting you all either on here on irc.

Peace out

Jayme x

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

I'm Cyril, from Luxembourg.

I will make a hackintosh the next week. I've tryed a macbook in which I've discovered Mac Os. If I'll enjoy it, I'll get a mac mini or pro.

I am a GNU/Linux user since 98 (w00t, in my eleventh year!). Unfortunatly, I did not made any use of the experience: I'm far of being a guru. I've been studying networks and IT administation and now I'm switching to programming. 

I enjoy eating pizza, watching Doctor Who, Stragate, reading good books, sleeling, playing scrabble and chatting on irc. Actually, pretty much everything I can do on an armchair or in my bed. But from time to time, I move my back and go play bowling. I'm also a languages geek, I like observing them, you know, origins, similarities, tranlsations... Probably because I have no main language, I always think in few of them, which inevitably conduct me to misspelling :)

I think I already posted in here before, But I couldn't find me so i'll REintroduce myself.

Hello my name is Dylan, a 17 year old tech geek living currently in Chanute, Kansas. I use to originally live in the Netherlands til i was 5 than I came here so here I am.

I love music. Armin van Buuren particulary.

Writing, Tinkering with Computers, and of course Music = My Life.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to REintroduce myself too.

Maybe some folks are old enough to remember me, i used to hang around Insanely Mac a couple of years ago but went into retirement (according to my group) but thought i would pop back to see how things were doing as I have a bit more time on my hands.

The site has changed a bit - looks awesome though! Any of the old crew still around?

Rgds

Ouch

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'm starting this thread for all of us (well, maybe not all 40,000 of us) to introduce ourselves.

I'm Mash, I'm a Senior in college majoring in Communication Studies. I do some part time web design work and love all things technology. I'm also into music, literature, politics, nature, traveling, and a whole bunch of other stuff. I live in the American Midwest and I love it. Oh, and I've only become a fan of Macs in the past year or so.

So that's enough about me - how about you?

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya. Im Padraig from Ireland and I am going to start looking about getting Mac OS X to replace the boring MS Vista. i need to try something new and looking at the videos that Chris Pirillo does on YouTube has said to me "Is it time to ditch Vista for OS X" and immediately said....Yes!

I tried to get Mac OS X working but I had to stop because 1) I didnt what I was doing and 2) I didnt know what hardware was compatiable with Mac OS X.

Yes I have looked on "OSx86 Wiki" but my particular ASUS motherboard (M2R-FVM) wasn't listed so thats why I came here in serach of some answers. I know for a fact that my processor (AMD Athlon 64 x2 3800+ (s939)(what ever the 's939' stands for)) and Gfx Card (nVIDIA GeForce 7300SE/7200GS (Is there a difference between 'SE' on the card and 'GT' that is on the wiki page :/) works.

I will appreciate all the help that given to me and I shall repost part of this post in the relevent thread!

See You Around

VP^^

• 4 months later...

Hello everybody, my name is Daniel. I'm from Guatemala and have been in the United States for 15 years. I work for a bank modifying defaulted mortgage loans. I have a beautiful 5 year old daughter. I've been working on PCs since I was 15 years old. I've never gone to school to learn about computers. I've always been fascinated by the Mac operating systems. I'm very excited to be here and to learn. Nice to meet everybody!

• 1 month later...

Hi my name is meta and I m a new user of hackintosh! I deal with music producing and I wanted to switch to mac because of its stability. but mac is to expensive so I tried Hackintosh and it worked well till now!

but I also need some help so that's why I'm here!

thank you an have a nice day!

• 1 month later...

Hello, my real name is Iván and I am 14 years old. I am from Spain, Canary Islands, and I study 3º ESO. My english is not very good but I try speak with more clarity with you.

I am a designer, a developer, a programmer, in general, I love all the things that be of the computer. Love the hardware.

I have a few projects, including a system management images, very interesting.

I arrive to this community because I have a doubts about the iAktos v7.

I see that InsanelyMac is a great and big community.

This is all and I wait that you and me get along (nos llevemos bien xD).

Greetings.