Introduce Yourself

Swad

213 posts in this topic

i go by many names... a shadow in the night, a tree that never stops swaying...even when there is no wind!!!!

or im bill, 21, australia :P

ive been osx'ing for about 6 months now, i use the OS mainly for logic and pro tools, as its what im used to with my music studies

Other than that ive been mainly running windows/linux boxes

i work at officeworks (office supplies) selling really crappy laptops :gun:

and i spend the rest of my time making tunes or drinking beer

• 2 weeks later...

I am Stereobus. I am a Computer Information Technology student at a community college. I got into computers working with music editors and mutitrack recording. I do not hate microsoft. I like many features of Windows, OS X, and Linux (Ubuntu and Freespire). I guess operating systems are just kinda my thing. I have a PowerPC dual G4 (OS X 10.3.9), a custom built audio workstation PC dual booting Win XP sp2 and Ubuntu Linux 6.06) and an Acer TravelMate notebook dual booting Windows Vista Home Basic and Mac OS X 10.4.5.

My favorite OS is Mac OS X and it runs way faster on my Celeron Laptop, than on the G4 desktop.

Acer TravelMate 2480

Mac OS X 10.4.5 (Jas DVD) / Windows Vista HB

Intel Celeron 1.6GHz (working with SSE2 patch)

512MB PC533 (Runs OSX very efficiently, Vista very Slooooowly :thumbsdown_anim: )

Intel 950 graphics (Working, 1280 X 800)

RealTek Audio (Working with patch)

PS/2 trackpad and mouse (working with patch)

Mark, 36 going on 37 from Europe. I am in the medical profession as a MD. Always used computers starting out with simple home computers eventually ending up with PC and Macintosh.

I started out on ZX81/ZX48, c64, msx, amiga, Atari ST, PC XT, 68k macs, PPC 601 macs, G3, G4 mac and hackintosh with XP - Vista on the side.

Hey guys and girls. My names ryan and I was introduced to this site about a year ago. I had no idea what OS X was but I was able to get it to run on my toshiba. Fast forward a year and a half I own a macbook and posting this thread.

I would have to say that the x86 version of OS X molded me into a mac user. Looking forward to posting more on here.

Sup. My name's Zach, and I've been an unregistered lurker for around a year, when I first became interested in Mac OS X after my Windows computer became increasingly unreliable. I attempted to install OSx86 on it, but it was insanely slow on my 128MB RAM computer. So I saved up, and got an iMac in the summer. Now I've joined here because of the recent Apple TV flurry.

• 3 weeks later...

Birthdate: March 21, 1988

Address: Century Mansion, Kawasaki City, Japan

Hobby: Playing Online Games,Console Games like PS2,XBOX 360, Business Ventures, Movies, etc...

Occupation: Business Network Marketing Executive and Independent Advertisement and Product Distributor.

Marital Status: In a Relationship

Favorite Music: Rock,J-Pop,OPM,OJM(Rock),Alternatives,Jazz,RNB

Favorite Foods: Anything as long as I like it^^

Favorite Singer: Anyone as long as they soothe the beast in my soul.

Favorite Artist: Leonardo Da Vinci

Nationality: Japanese

Ethnicity: Asian

Quote: He Leads me into still waters... Psalms 120

Motto: Instead of complaining about the thorns in the roses, Be happy with the Roses in the thorns.

---------------------------Aesir Peripherals-------------------------------------

Ingame Characters:Mayaan

Assassin Cross: ~~Kent~~

High Priest: **Kabuto**

High Wizard: |*~Kent~*|

Paladin: **Gaara**

Whitesmith: **Sandaime**

Sniper: **Yondaime**

Champion: o~*|*~Kent~*|*~o

Lord Knight: ~*Kent*~

Clown: ~**Kent**~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

F.A.Q.(Frequently Asked Questions)

Who are you?

-Well, I`m Kent and I`am honored to meet you^^

What the hell is a Kyrose?

-Well, the name originated from me and my girlfriend`s name, all letters signify a significant resemblance and connection to us.

K - Kent

Y - Yutaka(My Japanese Name)

ROSE - My Babhie`s Name. ^^

What is your board?

-PHPBB

Why do you include your game peripherals in your introduction?

-Nothing I guess, just to have a little fun. Who knows? Someone here might be familiar with it. :pirate2:

-Who are you?

-scroll down...

As another member of this fine community, I`ll strive my best to offer better services and improve our fun factor, we also need to work together to make the full use of this community.

Thank you everyone for reading and God bless! ;)

Howdy everyone. I don't remeber how I found osx86, but I freaked out when I found out I could put OSX on a pc. I have been using mac since 99. I am an artist and musician so I don't much about programming. I am just so grateful for this site. I have installed the jas 10.4.8 on a dvd onto a used homemade pc I got off of craigslist and it worked right out of the box!

I am now going to try and build a real hackintosh using the p5w dh deluxe board.

Here is a screen shot of me running protools and a drawing I did on painter using the hackintosh

post-97746-1176937354_thumb.jpg

post-97746-1176937411_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My name is DaN, i´m a robot from the future who travelled to past to warn you that skynet is gonna destroy the world...

Soooo decide to try osx on mine and fell in love with it, if only sound worked better...i´m thinking in changing my cmi9880 card...

As you probably notice, my english is one of those primitive communications methods and nothing else, thats because i´m from Argentina (yeah yeah Tango blabla, meat blabla...women!!), i´m 24 and i´ve been studying graphic design for 5 years til now, still i have to study 2 years more and i´m doing some little things on myself as freelance designer.

I´ve been using pcs from more than 15 years, but only as advanced user, i´ve never programed anything, can´t go much further on codelines that flash actionscript, but since i installed osx five days ago, i´ve been looking darwin terminal and modifying some kexts and have to say...kind a like it! wish i new more to do it, really hard efford! Well taking about styles and likes... music all the time (3 days without sound, image my mood!!) al kinds of music from Beethoven to Techno or gothic metal! (please nightwish is NOT the only one...) charon, for my pain, entwine, mogwai, faithless, iggy pop, goldfrapp, queens of the stone age, natas, covenant an more is what i got on iTunes now, love art of course and obviously, design of everykind

This site is the best that happened to me since i now that macs exist (here in argentina the is no great market for that and they cost a lot!, usually people can get them only when they, just dont need to work with them anymore jeje)

well sorry write too much!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All,

My name is Stacy. I'm going to school for IT. I have an interst in all things computer, always have. I've been using a Mac since I was little. I would say I'm an advanced user. But I would like to learn more about terminal and the command-line side of the Mac OS (darwin).

Found this forum while trying to fix a friends computer that had a kernel panic. Decided to sign up and have been lurking for a few weeks.

• 5 weeks later...

My name is Temur, currently residing in Brooklyn NY, In High School, looking forward to taking directing, acting, producing, digital art, GFX, web development, and communications courses in Collage late 08. I'm viewed as a funny person, witch i don't yet see in myself.. (offcouse I wouldn't say that i did but..you get it right..)

Like fried chicken and am an Apple freak! Both fruit and the Co.

ps i was going to copy and paste Swad's bio/intro but it looked a little dull...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

My name is X_NINJA I just got OSX installed on my AMD box today :pirate2: I am currently working on a BA in criminal justice. I also do IT support for a State Agency while attending school. I have been a big computer geek for most of my life. I just love to work with computers I have run every OS from mac OS 6 to Windows XP and everything in between. I am loving OS X so far because I have the best of both worlds I can use my nix and other software on one system.

I hope to both learn and contribute allot to this site and I just wanted to say Thanks to the OSX86 project you all rock

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

My name is Evan

I'm a male, 18 years old. (19 on the 27th of July)

I'm a sophomore at Western Michigan University (but I hate the college :()

Been in a 2-year relationship, still going ^_^

I love computers, music and video games.

I prefer Vista to Mac OS X, apple to windows, but I love them both.

I HATE Linux. Well, at least Ubuntu 7.04. And Xubuntu. If you want an operating system with a terminal, just get Mac, it's so much easier.

I love the following bands: The White Stripes, Muse, Black Sabbath, Rush, Muse, Artillery, Buckethead and anything he touches, Liquid Tension Experiment, John Petrucci by himself, Count Zero and Muse.

I don't really like rap, but I like a few old school rap bands, because I played Thrasher: Skate and Destroy. (A Tribe Called Quest, Run DMC)

I know how to speak English, German, Japanese, and soon, Russian.

I own an XBOX360, and an Epiphone Les Paul Studio, with a Crate amp (2 16" speakers, 140watt) and a Roland X-something Synthesizer.

I'm hoping to get a degree in music/be in a kickass band.

Action RPGs and Adventure games are my favorite video games ^_^

My favorite thing to drink is Baja Blast Mountain Dew. (Taco bell only so far... :[)

I miss Pepsi Blue :(

There is me in a nutshell XD

• 2 weeks later...

My name is Mitch (aka meeyotch). I work as a graphic designer by day and a video gamer by night. I've always wanted a personal mac but never got the funds. My PC works fanatastic as a hackintosh, and I hope that by sticking around here I can learn how to make it better!

Hi all!

I am Marco from Italy. I study Computer Engineering (I think this is the best translation for Ingegneria Informatica) at the Federico II University in Naples.

I mess with computers since I was four years old (with my father's 8088).

I like rock music, anime, manga, fantasy, sci-fi, taekwon-do (I'm almost black belt) and cute girls :(

Hi everyone, I'm eskimosound...what do you wanna know?

I've got loads of questions about the OSX86 project and I want to get it running on my system , thats why I'm here...

Any technical (Not too technical!) questions about XP and Vista I can help you with...Macthough is a baron wasteland, I used to own two Macs but that was years ago..II Series..

Have worked on OSX 10 but didn't realy stretch it...so I want to get the latest up on my PC and get to grips with it.....

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, my name's Konrad, I'm 17. I'm a vegetarian. I'm a senior and I'm graduating this year. CLASS OF '08 REPRESENT! My philosophy on life is, life is short, do whatever you want, just don't get caught. I'm a musician and hope to do that for a living. Currently I'm my own band. I have a very eclectic taste. I watch many different kinds of movies, listen to music from genres ranging from every extreme of the spectrum, all that. I'm an Apple switcher, convertee, whatever. Just not fully yet, cause I'm too poor to afford a Mac. But I started saving up for a new MacBook so hooray me!

Hello, My name is Mike Fine. My internet name is ToA because of lego bionicles. I've always been interested in computers, i probably started using computers when i was 6 or so.. Not really sure, I started with windows 98 and knew more than my parents and most people i knew. Now i know more about macs than probably anybody in my school and use a white 24inch iMac as my computer.

I love music, mostly rock, and my stats are currently: picture1uh7.png , Yeah alot. I love making youtube videos, one of my hobbies, and i love to sing, i've been told im a great singer. I write lots (and i mean lots) of lyrics for songs, and am currently learning guitar so i can play them.

My current bf is like the best ever. Im bi. I usually tell the most personal stuff of mine to the internet, dont know why.

My fav color is pink :P

anything else you wanna know instant message me.

I've been called a narcissist. So?

Hi, I'm Toulac (search me on youtube!) and I joined this forum because Paranoid Marvin recommended it!

I know nothing about Macs, and little about computer programming, so hopefully I'll pick up some info....

I run a forum myself, which is 56 trillion times better because it's a preferred subject :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi people

My name is Robert. I came here when I read about OSx86. I wanted a mac so much after I went to one Apple store class. I got it because my grandparents have two macs and they have pro care, were going away, so they gave a class to me. They are so :) expensive, so I did this. I used to be just a windows expert, but now I am pretty good with macs too. At school the teachers call me out of class just to fix their computers, and my family almwas seems to come to me with all their computer problems. thats me!

Hey guys.

My name's Paul, I live in Pretoria, South Africa, which is known for it's high levels of sunshine, crime and...um...rugby?

I like computers, always have (duh), but when I discovered the OSX86 project it reinvorgorated that (and my P4!) I think if I was using windows, I wouldn't really have any passion for them!

Well I'm studying a BSC Physics and Computer Science, and Classical Guitar.