7800GT and natit

CraigularB

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys-

I'm trying to use iMovie, but it says that my video card doesn't support QE; I did some searching and saw the info about natit on the wiki. I just have no idea how to install it. I downloaded the natit.kext.zip file already; where do I go from here?

My setup is XFX GeForce 7800 GT w/ 256MB DDR3 RAM PCI-E; dual cards running in SLI configuration.

Also-the system profile says that my card doesn't support QE or CI; will installing natit solve this?

Can someone help me out, or point me to some install directions?

I don't need or want dual output; I only have one monitor.

Thanks guys!

-Craig

Edited by CraigularB

Wow... gotta love how people are so helpful around here. ;-)

Natit should work with your card, it works witih mine and you probably have a very similar chipset. However, I don't know if it will work in SLI... I would take one card out, install natit uni from neo and see wehre that gets you. If you are good to go, toss in your other card.

you can get natit from the wiki, it will take you to neo's site. however, his file says it's a .pkg but when you click it, it just bounces in the dock and goes away. This is because it is really a zip file. so add .zip to the end of .pkg and then double click that, it will expand teh real pkg file and install that. Good luck...

He may have fixed teh file by now, I got mine a few days ago. Good luck.

Wow... gotta love how people are so helpful around here. ;-)

Natit should work with your card, it works witih mine and you probably have a very similar chipset. However, I don't know if it will work in SLI... I would take one card out, install natit uni from neo and see wehre that gets you. If you are good to go, toss in your other card.

you can get natit from the wiki, it will take you to neo's site. however, his file says it's a .pkg but when you click it, it just bounces in the dock and goes away. This is because it is really a zip file. so add .zip to the end of .pkg and then double click that, it will expand teh real pkg file and install that. Good luck...

He may have fixed teh file by now, I got mine a few days ago. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply; I ended up getting it to work with Titan (since it was actually packaged on the disc), but I had to disable the SLI (I ended up just totally removing the 2nd card).

I appreciate it though! :thumbsup_anim:

-Craig