New iPod

nickg331

12 posts in this topic

so i know a bunch of the features people were looking for in the next gen ipod are in the iphone, but which will make it to the ipod?

wireless ipod: wireless syncing, possibly wireless downloading songs

widescreen: video centric ipod, similar to iphone except more ipod than phone (also touchscreen)

beatles ipod: this just occurred to me, now that apple inc and apple corps are friends, could they release a beatles ipod (a la u2 special edition)? and now that apple has the right to preload songs to ipods, could they preload the entire beatles collection?

oh the possibilities...

any ideas?

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

i think that new ipod should definitely have some integrated wireless like bluetooth ...

that would be nice for eye and very practice. imagine bt headphones and that "new ipod" ... :(

only cable that you get is recharge-cable...sound almost like iMac with bt accessories ....:(

~R

• 3 weeks later...

I hope it comes out soon enough. I just sold my ipod nano so i have enough money to buy the new ipod. I hope they don't make it that expensive and that it would be available worldwide or else i have to buy it from italy and not from my country ( Romania) . I hope it has a touch screen like the iphone, dont realy care that much about wireless but it would be could as long as the price tag remains close to the current one.

just a few hours to the conference i mean media event :-p.. I hope the ipod looks like the one i've seen on youtube in those fake ads. And i can't wait to buy it, the next day i'm calling my national apple distribuitor and rip his head of if he can't import it.

I don't understand the wifi part of the iPod Touch...

So you can get on the internet if there is a wifi network, so almost nowhere because the most are secured.

I think that for me it's only at home and at school. Or do you have to have a special sort of wifi connection(i a noob in these things).

I think it is very usefull to get on the internet but with for example the iPhone you PAY for an internet connection (right? or does that work in a different way), and then if it is free on the iPod Touch you don't have to expect a lot from it... Do you?

Thanx

I don't understand the wifi part of the iPod Touch...

So you can get on the internet if there is a wifi network, so almost nowhere because the most are secured.

I think that for me it's only at home and at school. Or do you have to have a special sort of wifi connection(i a noob in these things).

I think it is very usefull to get on the internet but with for example the iPhone you PAY for an internet connection (right? or does that work in a different way), and then if it is free on the iPod Touch you don't have to expect a lot from it... Do you?

Thanx

the ipod touch and the iphone both have a wireless card but the iphone alsocan use at&t's edge network

But for example if I want to login on the wifi network at school, how do you do that?

We have laptops there where you have to type in your student number and a password to login (via the server) but does that work the same way with the ipod touch?

Does the ipod automatically find the network and then you only have to type in your number and password, don't you need some kind of software for that?