HP dv6000 & dv9000 series

Mammoth

432 posts in this topic

Hello! there...

so I installed 10.5.6 on my hp dv6226tx yesterday and i'll give u what works and what does not..

QE/CI works with a cocktail of kexts for the NVidia 7400

SpeedStep works for the processor but the fan stays on even when the computer is idle on the lowest of speeds..(trying to fix this)

wifi works because i traded my intel 3945 card with a pals BCM93XX, if anyone needs the product id i'll help you...this is far safer a way to get internal wifi in comparison to bios flashes..

trackpad works with two finger scrolling and also scrolling side of the trackpad (yay!!) voodoo ps2 kext...

webcam works

sound only speakers..and memory card reader does not work, not tried the express card slot..

apart from that..yes its very stable..running mobdin kernel 9.4

pm me if u need any help regarding your setup will be glad to help

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone!

I have HP dv6000t series Model No: HP dv6735ee. Installed iAtkos v1.0i R2 and everything works just fine except for the wireless, VGA, Display port( to connect laptop with another monitor), HDMI, Card Reader. Did'nt tried Expansion port.

VGA card in this Laptop is Nvidia GeForce GO 7400

Does anyone has a solution for this card and the display port ( connect laptop eith another computer) not working. Anyone has solution so plz tell.

Hello! there...

so I installed 10.5.6 on my hp dv6226tx yesterday and i'll give u what works and what does not..

QE/CI works with a cocktail of kexts for the NVidia 7400

SpeedStep works for the processor but the fan stays on even when the computer is idle on the lowest of speeds..(trying to fix this)

wifi works because i traded my intel 3945 card with a pals BCM93XX, if anyone needs the product id i'll help you...this is far safer a way to get internal wifi in comparison to bios flashes..

trackpad works with two finger scrolling and also scrolling side of the trackpad (yay!!) voodoo ps2 kext...

webcam works

sound only speakers..and memory card reader does not work, not tried the express card slot..

apart from that..yes its very stable..running mobdin kernel 9.4

pm me if u need any help regarding your setup will be glad to help

webcam working out of box ??? or installed some kext ?

• 4 months later...

Success!!

I Have OSX Leopard Running On My Hp Pavillion centrino duo dv9000.

Evrything Works Apart from

1 : Sound Input Device

2: Intel Wireless Device

Apart from the wireless just a few more tweaks to get the full potential from the sound card.

Using kalaway 10.5.2 and various trial and error kexts managed to get a stable working version.

thanks to everyone on this forum for theire stories and advice.

I'd be happy to offer any advice to anyone with problems specific to this laptop.

Hp Pavillion dv9000ea

intel core 2 duo cpu t7300 @ 2.00ghz

32 bit

• 3 months later...

Hi All,

I have a DV6000 (DV6409US) and I cannot sem to get either network card to work.

I have been all over the forums and I believe I have tried everything but maybe I missed something.

The wired card is an Intel Pro/100 VE:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1092&SUBSYS_30BB103C&REV_02

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1092&SUBSYS_30BB103C

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1092&CC_020000

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1092&CC_020

The wireless card is the dreaded Intel Pro/Wireless 3945ABG and I don't think I have any options there.

Has anyone had any luck with this 10/100 card on their system? I have tried several different kext files and no luck.

If for some reason I cannot get this to work, does anyone know of a Mini PCI card that will work in the slot or a USB dongle NIC?

BTW, it is an Intel processor, not AMD.

Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...