Vista RTM + Boot Camp

nylock10

13 posts in this topic

Hello :thumbsup_anim:

I'll be purchasing Windows Vista Home Premium for my iMac Intel Core Duo 2GHz, 2GB RAM, and Radeon x1600 256MB. When I purchase it, install via Boot Camp, will all the drivers work correctly?

I couldn't get sound to work in the Vista Customer Review Program Beta, will I get sound working on the RTM version?

All I need is sound, keyboard, and video support. I'm only using Vista for the Media Center and Video Games. No need for Wireless, Bluetooth, or iSight.

Well that is not the same but still u may try first vista with parallels and second

why do u wanna buy a home edition if u can use rc1 (and Ultimate) for free and legally.

Try using the beta version first. Then update to the original.

At least that is my opinion....

So I took the risk. I went out and bought a full version of Vista Home Premium and went through a standard Boot Camp installation. I didn't have any problems minus the crashing of the driver disk. I had to download and install new ATI drivers, but that was about it. I'm running a 20-inch iMac with 2.16 C2D and 250gb HD.

Yup. Those were the ones. A warning will still come up, but just click Run Program and select the do not show me this warning again option. Beyond that I got mostly everything done. I installed the Boot Camp drivers locally and utilized the iSight one and the Bluetooth one to get the hardware to be recognized. The iSight, however, still doesn't work. I can't figure it out. The internet (including the n-protocol) is working fine and the keyboard was the one thing that was successfully installed with the Boot Camp driver CD. It was really pretty painless.

He's using Vista... read the topic title.

To get the sound working in Vista, you need to do the following.

1. Insert your Mac Drivers CD.

2. Assuming your CD drive is D:, do this: Start --> Run --> "D:\Install Macintosh Drivers for Windows XP.exe" /v /a

DO NOT FORGET THE QUOTES. And there's a space after the last quotes and between each flag.

3. Run through the install as normal, and it will ask you where to extract the files. Pick your desktop to make it easy.

4. Wherever you extracted the files, you will find two folders: Program Files and System32. In a subfolder of the Program Files folder, you will find a "Sigmatel" folder and a "Realtek" folder.

5. Run the setup files inside the Realtek and Sigmatel folders. You should then have proper line-in/sound-out.

Edited by ErBiC

I meant what type of Mac. No need to be condescending...

Sorry. Late night, wasn't thinking. Or being nice.

If you need the cd eject driver, here you go

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...c=22592&hl=

The raw CD eject driver works great if you have a Mac Pro/iMac.If you have a Macbook/Pro, Input Remapper is the best choice. It'll remap all the function keys on a MB/MBP's keyboard to their proper functions, as well as making the eject button work.