error : You need to restart your computer. Hold Down the Power button for several seconds or press the Restart button.

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

machser

machser

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
I'm still getting this error message as the topic was named to.

used OSx86: JaS.Mac.OS.X.10.4. 8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.S SE3.PPF.1.Defiant. diskutil.biker880. ich7-R.patch.Integ rated

I'll describe what i did, if you find something wrong, please let me know.

Installation process:
  • I booted with the Install DVD.
  • First thing noticed: no mouse usage possible. Using a Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer 2.0.
  • So I pressed CTRL+F2 and th keyboard is usable to reach the menuarea.
  • I went to the harddisktool and deleted the desired ex-ntfs-partition (mac os: volume) by using the journaling-mac-fs (first in pulldown). Labeled it Mac OS X.
  • Now quitted harddisktool and went back to the installation process.
  • The partition/volume shows up and i presed continue.
  • The installation menu shows up.
I decided to choose this:
  • Printerdrivers for my printer epson (only)
  • All Fonts
  • JaS Intel 10.4.8 ATA kexts in...
The installation process went through without any problems or error messages.
After booting from harddisc:
The well known error message will appear again. then...

Wondering why it won't ask me what system to boot from, but later on about this.

I fired up the DVD again did not re-delete the partition but ticked the Titan box now, nothing else and gave it a go to install.

After rebooting the topic's error message comes up again.

So I decided to start the DVD again and do a clean install again, deleted the partition again and ticked the following in the install menu:
  • JaS Intel 10.4.8 ATA kexts in...
  • Support for th most common...
  • Titan Nvidia and ATI Support...
Well, so long it seems to be obvious the error mesage is there again.

My Questions:
  • How can boot into my Windows system again ?
  • I know that the Windows system is still there (Mac Install Harddisc Tool) but i forgot to install an OS Selector in the first place.
  • Is it possible to restore the boot-record ? Any recommendations to do so ?
  • Do I have to install with a different dvd-image ? Which one is recommended to use with my system (please see my signature area), maybe the normal (JaS.10.4.8.AMD.IntelSE2.SSE3) ISO at last ? That would be too funny...
  • What means v1p and Deviant Disk Utility in JaS 10.4.8 v1p and Deviant Disk Utility Patches attached ISO ?

Edited by machser, 19 March 2007 - 03:19 PM.

epicor

epicor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Machser:

i had the exact same problem. im still working on a gettin osx installed but i did get around the bug that is stopping your bootloader from running. go to http://www.ubcd4win.com/ it really is the ultimate boot cd. that is assuming you have another box to get it with(req windows and windows install cd or iso). i cant remember what its called but there is a windows emulator on the ubcd disk. inside that emulator there is a text based partition tool called diskpart. that tool allows you to mark the partition or disk you want to boot from. atleast that way you dont undo your work so far with partitions and whatnot.

hope that helps.

to answer you last question

What means v1p and Deviant Disk Utility in JaS 10.4.8 v1p and Deviant Disk Utility Patches attached ISO ?

deviant is a dude who wrote a patch for the broken disk utility in the 10.4.8 installer. that iso has his patches already integrated. i just downloaded the 2nd patch and will applied it to my JaS 10.4.8 intel amd ppf1 iso.

like i said im still having the reboot error but what is weirder is that i cant put any commands in the F8 window. it just dumps back to the instal countdown. im gonna try to ppf2 patch as soon as it gets done xfering to my laptop.

will report upon success/failure.

epicor

epicor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
nope: didnt work. i think i must have some kind of hardware incompatability or something. ive tried several distros with different pathces an nothing works. if anyone has gotten a clean boot on a toshiba p105-9312 (at anything in the p105 series) please post and let me know what im doing wrong.

eXta

eXta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I had the same problem with my Toshiba P100-SD3. I finally fixed it by disabling Build-In Lan Ethernet adapter "Intel PRO/1000 PL" in BIOS.

Sorry, My english is poor.
--------------------
Toshiba P100-SD3 17" WXGA
Mac OS 10.4.8 (JaS based)v1p and Deviant Disk Utility Patches
-1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo T2400
-1 GB DDR2
-nVidia GeForce Go 7300 - Working 1440x900 with Titan
-Conexant HD Audio - Not Working
-Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG - Not Working
-LAN Intel PRO/1000 PL - Not Working, DISABLED IN BIOS

machser

machser

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

deviant is a dude who wrote a patch for the broken disk utility in the 10.4.8 installer. that iso has his patches already integrated. i just downloaded the 2nd patch and will applied it to my JaS 10.4.8 intel amd ppf1 iso.

like i said im still having the reboot error but what is weirder is that i cant put any commands in the F8 window. it just dumps back to the instal countdown. im gonna try to ppf2 patch as soon as it gets done xfering to my laptop.

will report upon success/failure.

Deviant
What happened to the disk utility ? why was it broken ? does that mean it was not usable during installation ? Just want to know more about the history...

v1p
What does v1p mean ?

F8 window
when does the F8 windowappear ? what is it good for ?

epicor

epicor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
@ macher:

Deviant
What happened to the disk utility ? why was it broken ? does that mean it was not usable during installation ? Just want to know more about the history...

The disk utility in 10.4.8 doesn't format drives properly. I don't know why its broken but it is. So yes you can use it but it doesnt really do anything. thats why most people who write the tutorials tell you to format by some other means then just use the OSX disk utility for telling the intaller where to put the os.

v1p
What does v1p mean ?

V1P is the first patch for the 10.4.8 intaller. there are 2. neither did anything for me. you might want to try since your hardware is different than mine and a lot of people have said that the patches helped. heres the thread: http://forum.insanel...l=patch o matic

F8 window
when does the F8 windowappear ? what is it good for ?

F8 is an option you get when the computer boots to the OSX dvd. it launches the console where you can use commands to circumvent some problems and find more accurate/useful info than is available in the GUI.

@ eXTa

thanks, ill give that a try

epicor

epicor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
I finally got a full boot up. The problem was my onboard Intel network card. I disabled it in bios and it booted up. Now i gotta get drivers and find out why im lagging so bad in OSX. i got the sse updates though.

----EDIT----

Got everything squared away as far as the lag was concerned. have to turn off the 2nd core. runs like a champ with just the 1 core and the NIC turned off. now i gotta firgure out how to get the NIC and 2nd core running.... and sound too.

pgqec

pgqec

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi to all, I'm new to this thing, but I love it.....

Anyway I came accross the above mention problem..... but in a different way.

I've installed Jas 10.4.8 patched iso. I installed only the intel patches. My machine boots fine, works fine for hours, But sometimes, I find the machine, after I've put in screen saver or locked it, to display the above message on top of the login screen. The only thing I can do then is to reboot the machine. And this is quite random phenomenon, as I'm able to lock down the machine and login again other times. The only difference is that the times that it goes wrong, I 've left it locked for more time (about 15 hours).

Previously I had installed 10.4.6 and I had the machine up & running for days/weeks...

I can provide you details if you guide me what to look for....
My machine is running on D915 intel / asrock conroe 945G-DVi /onboard intel950/ide hard disks.

I found in the system/library/extensions/ the Geforce.kext & several ATI kexts.

Any help would be very much appreciated....

rumble291

rumble291

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Hi, i have the same problem. I have an older laptop with a GeforceGo 4. How do you get into the hard drive to delete the files? Ive tryed using single user mode and it says device is locked and ive tryed booting from an unbuntu live CD to get into it but it doesnt detect the File system arrg. Any help would be great

Thanks,

Kurt

Mr. Sideburns

Mr. Sideburns

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Any of you guys that have a Geforce4 MX 400...forget using 10.4.8. The card is too old. The only thing you can do is install without any of the video card options. Otherwise 10.4.8 is too much for that type of card.

Actually if you do a search through the forum...you'll see that this question has been asked previously.

If you can get your hands on a FX5200 card....that will work great.

I find however, unless you got outrageously fast hardware..this OS runs sluggish. If I can't run Photoshop smoothly..its no good to me.

MadisonG

MadisonG

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I had the same error message that occurred randomly. I traced the problem to a defective fan on my nforce4 ultra controller chip (similar to northbridge). I replaced the heatsink and fan and no more problems. Hope this helps.

nimes

nimes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Hi to all, I'm new to this thing, but I love it.....

Anyway I came accross the above mention problem..... but in a different way.

I've installed Jas 10.4.8 patched iso. I installed only the intel patches. My machine boots fine, works fine for hours, But sometimes, I find the machine, after I've put in screen saver or locked it, to display the above message on top of the login screen. The only thing I can do then is to reboot the machine. And this is quite random phenomenon, as I'm able to lock down the machine and login again other times. The only difference is that the times that it goes wrong, I 've left it locked for more time (about 15 hours).

Previously I had installed 10.4.6 and I had the machine up & running for days/weeks...

I can provide you details if you guide me what to look for....
My machine is running on D915 intel / asrock conroe 945G-DVi /onboard intel950/ide hard disks.

I found in the system/library/extensions/ the Geforce.kext & several ATI kexts.

Any help would be very much appreciated....

Maybe it is related with the energy saver settings. Open Energy saver in System Prefences and uncheck the box -put the harddisks to sleep when possible

Did you try this?

carlitox

carlitox

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi
this is my first post as you can see my problem is :
i installed the version 10.4.8, the problem comes when i restart the computer after the "correct" installation it shows :

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x003A8D2F) : Unable to find driver for this plataform : "ACPI".

also the message of "you need to restart de the computer ....."

hardware:
Vaio VGN-N150F
Intel Core Duo T2050(1.60 Ghz Cache 2MB L2 533 MHz FSB)
Intel 915GM de 128MB
1 GB (512 MB X2) DDR2-533 SDRAM
HD SATA 100GB
Ethernet 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX

thaks for your help

pgqec

pgqec

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi to all,

to nimes: I already have disable the all the power saver functions..... but no luck.

Is it safe to delete the ATI & Nvidia kexts ?

Any one has any more ideas ?

rumble291

rumble291

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
pgqec if ur osx anit working then its better to try something see if it works than not. It wont affect anything to do with the BIOS or booting from a CD its purely just the actually operating system. Im downloading an older JaS OSX because someone had the same problem and fixed by installing that.

peg4a

peg4a

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Hi Koumed,

I had same problem with a geforce fx 5600... and before that it was working with an ati video card...
The problem is the video driver. You should install natit_uni.pkg.
I put my radeon in and boot with it, then I installed natit package before replacing the geforce. So if you could boot with another gfx card... Try.
If you have a black screen after that, during the startup press F8 and type : graphic mode=1024x768@60 and when booted, select the good screenmode in prefs.

Hope it could help :)

Asrock motherboard
Celeron 3,4
Geforce FX 5600XT
10.4.9 kernel 8.9.1 :)

fredpinto

fredpinto

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I was just about to give it up but then it worked.
Using the Jas 10.4.8 version with sse2 and 3.
Motherboard is asus p5p800s and video board geforce mx4000 (which does not work hence the need for deleting the kexts for geforce and NVidia).
I can say using P4 3ghz and 1 gb RAM that the system is smooth and fast (although sound is still not working... well I just managed to boot in x86 about an hour ago...).
So to make a long story short I installed x86 on the second partition (hd0,1 or hda2 or whatever) of a triple boot (winxp and ubuntu) 120gb HD. System would boot into the deadly gray screen with the apple. Booted again, hit F8, chose -v -s options and went to shell. Changed to writable files and manually deleted the geforce.kext folder and all folders starting with NVD*.kext in the /system/library/extensions in the root install folder for mac osx (graphic interface would obviously not load even with the single -s option...).
I'm deciding on how to easily boot between them... many options I guess, NTLDR, ubuntu's grub and whatever came with the OSX... but theres no way to have problems if you have a gparted livecd to boot from and choose the active partition anyways...
Keep on trying cause its worth it! Very fun to have linux, windows and mac on the same box. :whistle:

moldyman

moldyman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi, new here. Just wanted to say I ran into the same problem but fixed it, and it wasn't anything too fancy. (Thanks to the posters before who fixed and posted :thumbsup_anim:). Background: I have an Asus F3jp notebook with a 2.0GHz Core 2 Duo processor and an ATI mobility radeon x1700. I had the "kernel panic" screen with no kernel panic debug info (I've run into kernel panics before, so I as befuddled). Anyway, after reading up on this thread, I only installed the necessary optional package (The Intel patch in my case) and it worked fine :D

So just a headsup to most people, don't go overboard on those installs!

boinkytwo

boinkytwo

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Interests:http://baguioads.ph<br />http://cybernoypi.com
PLEASE RESTART YOUR COMPUTER error on boot!!! PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

I had the same error after successful installation using JaS 10.4.8 with ppf1 and ppf2 (burned on DVD-RW).
And so i rebooted my computer with an option -v -s, and found out about the following possible cause of the problem (in my case).

I spotted an entry stating: "primary graphics mismatched, blah blah" I dont
remember the exact phrase but It did gave me an idea of what is causing the
problem

That gave me the idea that it is a graphic card related problem. I used a geforce
mx4000 64mb during the installation, so I thought of using another graphic card,
and decided to use a
geforce mx4000 128 mb, thinking that my previous card was not capable enough.

After Installing the new graphic card, I furthermore realized that
I was not able to tick the nvidia packages during my custom installation.
And so what I did was to start the computer and start again the installation
process, but I did not run the whole installatioin process again.
I only did an upgrade install, and check the nvidia packages to be installed.

After doing so, the computer restarts and... Kachiiiiiing!!! Welcome to OSX86!!

So the summary of how I got pass through the problem:

1. Nvidia Pagckages Installation (install graphic card support pack)
2. I think, installation of graphic card higher thatn 64mb.

Specs:

CPU - Intel Celeon 2.4ghz, SSE2 only
Mobo - Asrock, chipped with Intel 845
HDD - ATA 40gb
VGA - 128mb gforce mx4000

Quartz extreme/Core image is not supported with my grahic card.

blackrunnero

blackrunnero

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi there!
this is my 3rd osx pc (firt was on p5gd2 with ati video and worked 100% in 10.4.6, second was last year on P5WD2 deluxe with 7600 gt in 10.4.8 and worked fine, and now, for the first time I have this problem:

I've succefully installed 10.4.8 jas on Abit IL9 Pro, alc883 works after installing drivers from insanely, I stll have to deal with my x550 or buy another video board BUT !!!!
this restart message apear in 5-10 minutes after the osx booted BUT just after I plugged in the net, so...
I think that Apple has something to detect the hybrid machines and knock'em down.

If anybody knows something... pls tell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy