error : You need to restart your computer. Hold Down the Power button for several seconds or press the Restart button.

koumed

129 posts in this topic

I have an HP computer with amd and nvidia geforce 6150le. I installed macosx through vmware onto a a second empty physical drive. However when I boot into it through my computer, I get a restart your computer screen. When I boot it in vmware there is a message saying:

Your virtual machine has sent an ATAPI (CD-ROM) command that is supported only when programming the drive via DMA. You will need to configure your guest operating system to use DMA when communicating with DVD/CD-ROM devices.

Note that some operating systems will report DMA is available without actually using it. In those cases, normal CD-ROM operations will still be available, but special features will only be available if you reconfigure the virtual device as a SCSI device.

When I click ok the little circle spins faster and loads up osx: preparing osx and where you inout your name and password, etc.

Why is this happening, any ideas?

Hi koumed, i had the same problem with my P4 2.8Ghz HT and the problem was my display

adapter GeForce4 MX4000 it fail when tryng to initalize. i removed from my system and using

the onboard video and a fresh install, now the system is working fine. Now my question is can

work if i install the video card when the OSX is working fin with no kernel panics?

Well, i hope this may useful to you, see you. :)

JaS 10.4.8 AMD Intel SSe2 SSe3

Hi, I get this error too on my rig. I have an AMD X2 4400 chip with nvidia 7800gt G-card. I had this problem occuring, so I underclocked my chip to 2ghz and it worked out a bit better. I could actually get into the GUI but I would get the same error or crash when I go into safari or do something else involving more graphics. I'm very convinced that this is a graphic card problem. Any suggestions?

ok....i have the same problem , and had it months ago....well here is what i want to know , how do you patch the kexts . i dont even know what that is......for complete naive people .....is there some way you guys can explain how to solve this problem , another thing that i do know ....some guys like me , are seing this screen the first thing when we boot the dvds "our installations havent even started , i had used jas 10.4.6 , and the screen apeared , all i did is toast the image and burn , i do not know how to patch , and thought my dvd was pre patched , my computer was old but i have tried it on some other computers with onboard graphics and the same thing comes " my honest opinion "get a mac" i have a imac...and a compaq laptop.....i brought a imac cause i thought i would be able to x86 my laptop , but i am very dissapointed.....i love my imac.....and rarely use my laptop.......its motherboard blew up a few days back...now i am getting a macbook pro....when leo comes out....and thats what i suggest....get a damn mac.....that way everyone wins ....i have noticed on the pc's x86 was installed , it looked ugly........tiger on unsupported computer looks ugly compared to mac hardware..dang even xp looks beautiful on my imac....just think about it....mac hardware has only problem tho....no freakin upgrades....neway this is going off topic....if anyone who had the screen coming before installation began , has it working please pm me....

madhur

<br />my honest opinion "get a mac" i have a imac...and a compaq laptop.....i brought a imac cause i thought i would be able to x86 my laptop , but i am very dissapointed.....i love my imac.....and rarely use my laptop.......its motherboard blew up a few days back...now i am getting a macbook pro....when leo comes out....and thats what i suggest....get a damn mac.....that way everyone wins ....i have noticed on the pc's x86 was installed , it looked ugly........tiger on unsupported computer looks ugly compared to mac hardware..dang even xp looks beautiful on my imac....just think about it....mac hardware has only problem tho....no freakin upgrades....neway this is going off topic....if anyone who had the screen coming before installation began , has it working please pm me....<br />madhur<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Look, We all had thought of this idea, "buy a mac" isn't a new idea you just came with, but everyone has it's own reason for no buying an iMac, maybe money or other thing, mine is I don't want a mac but i want to see a mac OS X in an intel based computer, this is the only reason why i'm doing this, that means i don't need to buy a mac because I like my windows xp and Ubuntu Linux:) ! thank you :whistle:

<br />Could someone please post their screen shot of the computer with -v?<br /><br />If it happened to be the panic of Natit/Titan, delete every kext that's associating with GeForce , that's how I fixed my panic.<br /><br />How? connect your HDD to another MAC, set the jumper of the HDD that has the problem to slave, then navigate to the extension folder, and start deleting the kexts. Cleanup the trash using secure empty. Reboot.<br /><br />Hope this helps<br /><br /><br /><br />Here: <a href="http://www.necnet.de/krass.man/Installers/Natit%20Universal_files/Natit_Uni_1.0.pkg" target="_blank">http://www.necnet.de/krass.man/Installers/...tit_Uni_1.0.pkg</a><br />
<br /><br /><br />

is there any other solutio to delete every kext that's associating with GeForce without using other mac?? :s because if we really have a mac we wouldn't have this issues :D

Can someone help us please :)

the problem is that the file 10.4.8.AMD.CPUID.txt dont have this name in the Mac OS X v10 4 8 - JaS AMD Intel SSE2 SSE3 image you have to change this name the name is amd_1048_new.txt

so when you intall the macosx you have to boot in this form:

-v -s

/sbin/ mount -uw /

./patcher amd_1048_new.txt

if this is not the name of the file when you boot search for it: ls -l

sorry my english its not good :(

I'm still getting this error message as the topic was named to.

used OSx86: JaS.Mac.OS.X.10.4. 8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.S SE3.PPF.1.Defiant. diskutil.biker880. ich7-R.patch.Integ rated

I'll describe what i did, if you find something wrong, please let me know.

Installation process:

• I booted with the Install DVD.
  • First thing noticed: no mouse usage possible. Using a Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer 2.0.
  • So I pressed CTRL+F2 and th keyboard is usable to reach the menuarea.
  • I went to the harddisktool and deleted the desired ex-ntfs-partition (mac os: volume) by using the journaling-mac-fs (first in pulldown). Labeled it Mac OS X.
  • Now quitted harddisktool and went back to the installation process.
  • The partition/volume shows up and i presed continue.
  • The installation menu shows up.

I decided to choose this:

• Printerdrivers for my printer epson (only)
  • All Fonts
  • JaS Intel 10.4.8 ATA kexts in...

The installation process went through without any problems or error messages.

After booting from harddisc:

The well known error message will appear again. then...

Wondering why it won't ask me what system to boot from, but later on about this.

I fired up the DVD again did not re-delete the partition but ticked the Titan box now, nothing else and gave it a go to install.

After rebooting the topic's error message comes up again.

So I decided to start the DVD again and do a clean install again, deleted the partition again and ticked the following in the install menu:

• JaS Intel 10.4.8 ATA kexts in...
  • Support for th most common...
  • Titan Nvidia and ATI Support...

Well, so long it seems to be obvious the error mesage is there again.

My Questions:

• How can boot into my Windows system again ?
  • I know that the Windows system is still there (Mac Install Harddisc Tool) but i forgot to install an OS Selector in the first place.
  • Is it possible to restore the boot-record ? Any recommendations to do so ?
  • Do I have to install with a different dvd-image ? Which one is recommended to use with my system (please see my signature area), maybe the normal (JaS.10.4.8.AMD.IntelSE2.SSE3) ISO at last ? That would be too funny...
  • What means v1p and Deviant Disk Utility in »JaS 10.4.8 v1p and Deviant Disk Utility Patches attached« ISO ?

Edited by machser

Machser:

i had the exact same problem. im still working on a gettin osx installed but i did get around the bug that is stopping your bootloader from running. go to http://www.ubcd4win.com/ it really is the ultimate boot cd. that is assuming you have another box to get it with(req windows and windows install cd or iso). i cant remember what its called but there is a windows emulator on the ubcd disk. inside that emulator there is a text based partition tool called diskpart. that tool allows you to mark the partition or disk you want to boot from. atleast that way you dont undo your work so far with partitions and whatnot.

hope that helps.

to answer you last question

What means v1p and Deviant Disk Utility in »JaS 10.4.8 v1p and Deviant Disk Utility Patches attached« ISO ?

deviant is a dude who wrote a patch for the broken disk utility in the 10.4.8 installer. that iso has his patches already integrated. i just downloaded the 2nd patch and will applied it to my JaS 10.4.8 intel amd ppf1 iso.

like i said im still having the reboot error but what is weirder is that i cant put any commands in the F8 window. it just dumps back to the instal countdown. im gonna try to ppf2 patch as soon as it gets done xfering to my laptop.

will report upon success/failure.

nope: didnt work. i think i must have some kind of hardware incompatability or something. ive tried several distros with different pathces an nothing works. if anyone has gotten a clean boot on a toshiba p105-9312 (at anything in the p105 series) please post and let me know what im doing wrong.

I had the same problem with my Toshiba P100-SD3. I finally fixed it by disabling Build-In Lan Ethernet adapter "Intel PRO/1000 PL" in BIOS.

Sorry, My english is poor.

--------------------

Toshiba P100-SD3 17" WXGA

Mac OS 10.4.8 (JaS based)v1p and Deviant Disk Utility Patches

-1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo T2400

-1 GB DDR2

-nVidia GeForce Go 7300 - Working 1440x900 with Titan

-Conexant HD Audio - Not Working

-Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG - Not Working

-LAN Intel PRO/1000 PL - Not Working, DISABLED IN BIOS

deviant is a dude who wrote a patch for the broken disk utility in the 10.4.8 installer. that iso has his patches already integrated. i just downloaded the 2nd patch and will applied it to my JaS 10.4.8 intel amd ppf1 iso.

like i said im still having the reboot error but what is weirder is that i cant put any commands in the F8 window. it just dumps back to the instal countdown. im gonna try to ppf2 patch as soon as it gets done xfering to my laptop.

will report upon success/failure.

Deviant

What happened to the disk utility ? why was it broken ? does that mean it was not usable during installation ? Just want to know more about the history...

v1p

What does v1p mean ?

F8 window

when does the F8 windowappear ? what is it good for ?

@ macher:

Deviant

What happened to the disk utility ? why was it broken ? does that mean it was not usable during installation ? Just want to know more about the history...

The disk utility in 10.4.8 doesn't format drives properly. I don't know why its broken but it is. So yes you can use it but it doesnt really do anything. thats why most people who write the tutorials tell you to format by some other means then just use the OSX disk utility for telling the intaller where to put the os.

v1p

What does v1p mean ?

V1P is the first patch for the 10.4.8 intaller. there are 2. neither did anything for me. you might want to try since your hardware is different than mine and a lot of people have said that the patches helped. heres the thread: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...l=patch+o+matic

F8 window

when does the F8 windowappear ? what is it good for ?

F8 is an option you get when the computer boots to the OSX dvd. it launches the console where you can use commands to circumvent some problems and find more accurate/useful info than is available in the GUI.

@ eXTa

thanks, ill give that a try

I finally got a full boot up. The problem was my onboard Intel network card. I disabled it in bios and it booted up. Now i gotta get drivers and find out why im lagging so bad in OSX. i got the sse updates though.

----EDIT----

Got everything squared away as far as the lag was concerned. have to turn off the 2nd core. runs like a champ with just the 1 core and the NIC turned off. now i gotta firgure out how to get the NIC and 2nd core running.... and sound too.

Hi to all, I'm new to this thing, but I love it.....

Anyway I came accross the above mention problem..... but in a different way.

I've installed Jas 10.4.8 patched iso. I installed only the intel patches. My machine boots fine, works fine for hours, But sometimes, I find the machine, after I've put in screen saver or locked it, to display the above message on top of the login screen. The only thing I can do then is to reboot the machine. And this is quite random phenomenon, as I'm able to lock down the machine and login again other times. The only difference is that the times that it goes wrong, I 've left it locked for more time (about 15 hours).

Previously I had installed 10.4.6 and I had the machine up & running for days/weeks...

I can provide you details if you guide me what to look for....

My machine is running on D915 intel / asrock conroe 945G-DVi /onboard intel950/ide hard disks.

I found in the system/library/extensions/ the Geforce.kext & several ATI kexts.

Any help would be very much appreciated....

Hi, i have the same problem. I have an older laptop with a GeforceGo 4. How do you get into the hard drive to delete the files? Ive tryed using single user mode and it says device is locked and ive tryed booting from an unbuntu live CD to get into it but it doesnt detect the File system arrg. Any help would be great

Thanks,

Kurt

Any of you guys that have a Geforce4 MX 400...forget using 10.4.8. The card is too old. The only thing you can do is install without any of the video card options. Otherwise 10.4.8 is too much for that type of card.

Actually if you do a search through the forum...you'll see that this question has been asked previously.

If you can get your hands on a FX5200 card....that will work great.

I find however, unless you got outrageously fast hardware..this OS runs sluggish. If I can't run Photoshop smoothly..its no good to me.

I had the same error message that occurred randomly. I traced the problem to a defective fan on my nforce4 ultra controller chip (similar to northbridge). I replaced the heatsink and fan and no more problems. Hope this helps.

Hi to all, I'm new to this thing, but I love it.....

Anyway I came accross the above mention problem..... but in a different way.

I've installed Jas 10.4.8 patched iso. I installed only the intel patches. My machine boots fine, works fine for hours, But sometimes, I find the machine, after I've put in screen saver or locked it, to display the above message on top of the login screen. The only thing I can do then is to reboot the machine. And this is quite random phenomenon, as I'm able to lock down the machine and login again other times. The only difference is that the times that it goes wrong, I 've left it locked for more time (about 15 hours).

Previously I had installed 10.4.6 and I had the machine up & running for days/weeks...

I can provide you details if you guide me what to look for....

My machine is running on D915 intel / asrock conroe 945G-DVi /onboard intel950/ide hard disks.

I found in the system/library/extensions/ the Geforce.kext & several ATI kexts.

Any help would be very much appreciated....

Maybe it is related with the energy saver settings. Open Energy saver in System Prefences and uncheck the box -put the harddisks to sleep when possible

Did you try this?

Hi

this is my first post as you can see my problem is :

i installed the version 10.4.8, the problem comes when i restart the computer after the "correct" installation it shows :

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x003A8D2F) : Unable to find driver for this plataform : "ACPI".

also the message of "you need to restart de the computer ....."

hardware:

Vaio VGN-N150F

Intel Core Duo T2050(1.60 Ghz Cache 2MB L2 533 MHz FSB)

Intel® 915GM de 128MB

1 GB (512 MB X2) DDR2-533 SDRAM

HD SATA 100GB

Ethernet 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX

thaks for your help

pgqec if ur osx anit working then its better to try something see if it works than not. It wont affect anything to do with the BIOS or booting from a CD its purely just the actually operating system. Im downloading an older JaS OSX because someone had the same problem and fixed by installing that.