error : You need to restart your computer. Hold Down the Power button for several seconds or press the Restart button.

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

kamig

kamig

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
If you have the Jas DVD 10.4.8 you are ok, some hardware configuration has this problem (mine has to).
In my case the notebook whit OS X is really fast, only when I shutdown or restart it, I see that error screen.
You can try the new updated dvd... I think I try it :rolleyes:

sko1270

sko1270

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi I was having the same issue. I am using a dell optiplex gx240 with a P4 2.ghz sse2 and 1gb ram. I just installed a nvidia fx5500 with 128mb. Ihadaradeonwith32mboframthatdidntwork.I followed one of the suggestions earlier to remove some kexts. I removed the geforce and nvidia ones. After that the system came up all the way and I was able to enter username and stuff. My ethernet does not work nor does about this mac, but at least it is up. The sound seems to work though as well as usb and it seems to reconize the firewire card but I have not tested it yet.

thanks for all the help. I will add to this if I get anything else working.

Thanks again.

kamig

kamig

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
UP?

buffalobitch

buffalobitch

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
I ve updatet from 10.4.6 to 10.4.8 with the egwan patch.
I didnt clicked patches in the options. So it would just install semhex kernel.
I have kernel attack to:
panic (cpu 0 caller 0x001A2ECF): kernel_trap(0x40db884) with 64 bit state
Debugger called: panic

What should i do now?

sabuybot

sabuybot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I installed successfully the Mac OSX on my computer :
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.40GHz (MMX,SSE,SSE2)
Motherboard ASUS P4 B 533
DDRam 256MB
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X 64MB

but when i restart my computer to start MAC OS X I get an error : You need to restart your computer. Hold Down the Power button for several seconds or press the Restart button.

I have same problem.

But
When i change my Display Adapter from Geforce4 MX 400 AGP8X 64MB to Geforce FX5700LE.
New Install JaS 10.4.8 Intel/AMD SSE2,SSE3 PPF1 .... again
It's OK. :)

koumed

koumed

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Maybe it's the problem is the Display Adapter, I got Geforce4 MX 400 AGP8X 64MB too, so I'm gonna change it and retry to install the new dvd, and I hope i will resolve the problem :)

kaf27033

kaf27033

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I ran into the same problem and every post I have read leads me to believe this is due to the display driver (or extension--I am new to the mac world). I finally fixed it by deleting the Geforce.kext file. You can find this flie in the file in /system/library/extensions folder. Just drag it to the trash.

Prior to deleting the file I was able to boot up by holding down the shift button and selecting OsX from the boot menu and then keep it held until the gray apple screen comes up. Once you are in you should be able to delete the file. Give it a shot and see if it works for you.

sabuybot

sabuybot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Maybe it's the problem is the Display Adapter, I got Geforce4 MX 400 AGP8X 64MB too, so I'm gonna change it and retry to install the new dvd, and I hope i will resolve the problem :thumbsup_anim:

press F8 When you start
type -v
u can see your problem (fail with Geforce4)

everybody....
can you help me, How to delete Geforce4 Driver ?
and Replace with other Driver.

tell me step by step please.
Thanks for your kind.

Sorry, My english is poor.

koumed

koumed

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
I replaced my Display Adapter with GeForce2 XD, nothing changes, I knew it, it's the same driver =)

Rage710

Rage710

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Im currently having the same problem with my Toshiba laptop with nvidia gf4 mx440 go and 1.7 p4m. i did do the nvidia patch. im currently reinstalling it without the nvidia patch. JaS 10.4.8 dvd btw.

senthilk7

senthilk7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
i got the same msg on my toshiba

vostok

vostok

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
I have an HP computer with amd and nvidia geforce 6150le. I installed macosx through vmware onto a a second empty physical drive. However when I boot into it through my computer, I get a restart your computer screen. When I boot it in vmware there is a message saying:

Your virtual machine has sent an ATAPI (CD-ROM) command that is supported only when programming the drive via DMA. You will need to configure your guest operating system to use DMA when communicating with DVD/CD-ROM devices.
Note that some operating systems will report DMA is available without actually using it. In those cases, normal CD-ROM operations will still be available, but special features will only be available if you reconfigure the virtual device as a SCSI device.

When I click ok the little circle spins faster and loads up osx: preparing osx and where you inout your name and password, etc.

Why is this happening, any ideas?

Cannonball

Cannonball

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi koumed, i had the same problem with my P4 2.8Ghz HT and the problem was my display
adapter GeForce4 MX4000 it fail when tryng to initalize. i removed from my system and using
the onboard video and a fresh install, now the system is working fine. Now my question is can
work if i install the video card when the OSX is working fin with no kernel panics?

Well, i hope this may useful to you, see you. :)

JaS 10.4.8 AMD Intel SSe2 SSe3

huynhj

huynhj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi, I get this error too on my rig. I have an AMD X2 4400 chip with nvidia 7800gt G-card. I had this problem occuring, so I underclocked my chip to 2ghz and it worked out a bit better. I could actually get into the GUI but I would get the same error or crash when I go into safari or do something else involving more graphics. I'm very convinced that this is a graphic card problem. Any suggestions?

madhur

madhur

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
ok....i have the same problem , and had it months ago....well here is what i want to know , how do you patch the kexts . i dont even know what that is......for complete naive people .....is there some way you guys can explain how to solve this problem , another thing that i do know ....some guys like me , are seing this screen the first thing when we boot the dvds "our installations havent even started , i had used jas 10.4.6 , and the screen apeared , all i did is toast the image and burn , i do not know how to patch , and thought my dvd was pre patched , my computer was old but i have tried it on some other computers with onboard graphics and the same thing comes " my honest opinion "get a mac" i have a imac...and a compaq laptop.....i brought a imac cause i thought i would be able to x86 my laptop , but i am very dissapointed.....i love my imac.....and rarely use my laptop.......its motherboard blew up a few days back...now i am getting a macbook pro....when leo comes out....and thats what i suggest....get a damn mac.....that way everyone wins ....i have noticed on the pc's x86 was installed , it looked ugly........tiger on unsupported computer looks ugly compared to mac hardware..dang even xp looks beautiful on my imac....just think about it....mac hardware has only problem tho....no freakin upgrades....neway this is going off topic....if anyone who had the screen coming before installation began , has it working please pm me....
madhur

koumed

koumed

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

<br />my honest opinion &quot;get a mac&quot; i have a imac...and a compaq laptop.....i brought a imac cause i thought i would be able to x86 my laptop , but i am very dissapointed.....i love my imac.....and rarely use my laptop.......its motherboard blew up a few days back...now i am getting a macbook pro....when leo comes out....and thats what i suggest....get a damn mac.....that way everyone wins ....i have noticed on the pc's x86 was installed , it looked ugly........tiger on unsupported computer looks ugly compared to mac hardware..dang even xp looks beautiful on my imac....just think about it....mac hardware has only problem tho....no freakin upgrades....neway this is going off topic....if anyone who had the screen coming before installation began , has it working please pm me....<br />madhur<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Look, We all had thought of this idea, "buy a mac" isn't a new idea you just came with, but everyone has it's own reason for no buying an iMac, maybe money or other thing, mine is I don't want a mac but i want to see a mac OS X in an intel based computer, this is the only reason why i'm doing this, that means i don't need to buy a mac because I like my windows xp and Ubuntu Linux:) ! thank you :whistle:

koumed

koumed

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

<br />Could someone please post their screen shot of the computer with -v?<br /><br />If it happened to be the panic of Natit/Titan, delete every kext that's associating with GeForce , that's how I fixed my panic.<br /><br />How? connect your HDD to another MAC, set the jumper of the HDD that has the problem to slave, then navigate to the extension folder, and start deleting the kexts. Cleanup the trash using secure empty. Reboot.<br /><br />Hope this helps<br /><br /><br /><br />Here: <a href="http://www.necnet.de...it_Uni_1.0.pkg" target="_blank">http://www.necnet.de..._1.0.pkg</a><br />

<br /><br /><br />

is there any other solutio to delete every kext that's associating with GeForce without using other mac?? :s because if we really have a mac we wouldn't have this issues :D

Can someone help us please :)

koumed

koumed

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Neva Mind, I did it

madhur

madhur

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
i think i have been in your position and its truly more worthwile to buy a mac , well if something does happen here let me know i hope u guys can figure out the problem

santiagogilarboleda

santiagogilarboleda

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
the problem is that the file 10.4.8.AMD.CPUID.txt dont have this name in the Mac OS X v10 4 8 - JaS AMD Intel SSE2 SSE3 image you have to change this name the name is amd_1048_new.txt
so when you intall the macosx you have to boot in this form:
-v -s
/sbin/ mount -uw /
./patcher amd_1048_new.txt

if this is not the name of the file when you boot search for it: ls -l
sorry my english its not good :(

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy