Ghetto iPhone

cringemaster

13 posts in this topic

I was getting sick of wonder 'when' i would get an iphone, so i decided 'now' was the right time. About 10 minuted ago i decided to take my old, scratched, and paint-peeling Motorola V330, and got to work.

First, i figured out how to use moto4lin and was able to get a skin installed with all the iPhone trimmings.

Second, I peeled off all peeling "metallic blue" paint

Third, i was going to pull it apart and spray paint it, but i cant find a torx screwdriver. so i grabbed a nearby sharpie and after 10, somewhat floaty feeling minutes, i had my iphone, or at least the starts of one.

Heres some pics:

closed_front.jpg

open_home.jpg

open_screensaver.jpg

open_back.jpg

Edited by ResX

And your point is....?

I know it was stupid, i just hate my crappy V330, mainly because T-mobile charged me 299 for it, then teh Razr came out a week later for the same price when the V330 went down to 99 bucks.

As far as it goes for painting it, ill end up doing it to make it look decent for a few months until i get a new phone, preferably through cingular.

I feel so sorry for all the people in the US. You guys get phones on plans, here I call up my local dealer, pick up a phone, put in a SIM and use. If I am lucky I get a month old second hand phone for 60% the price. When I wanna upgrade(a year or so later), i get 40-50% of my investment back. Plus he is like a family friend now, so he tells me which phone to go for and stuff. Plus I keep my ears cocked on the net, so I donot generally get ripped off.

Edited by Unstable Connection

Unstable Connection, They can do that in the US too, as well as here in Canada, or anywhere else with a GSM network. In the US especially, it's very easy to find phone retailers who will sell you an unlocked GSM phone. To sell it back, hey, there's eBay!

That's what I used to do when I used GSM. Now I'm using CDMA... but it's only temporary, I swear! (they had a great deal, but now i'm locked into like 2 1/2 more years... *sigh*)

I don't like linkin park :)