• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

moonislune

moonislune

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Ok I'm quite disappointed, i'm now 100% sure that all what it does (for now) is translating DX instructions into OpenGL ones so MacOS video drivers can manage them.

So even if DX9 is completely supported, it's gonna be like Crossover and nowhere near the speed of running the game in native Windows. This isn't virtualization to me but more emulation (D3D to OGL) which is a shame.

The mac on youtube was a macbook pro with 1GB of ram.

Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed too. It seems like VMWare doesn't have bragging rights just yet. Should I apologize to Parallels now?

curlyboy

curlyboy

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
Hi again fellas this vmware is {censored}e lol , I went too watch the demo again on youtube and if you watch the demo look and listen too the part that tell you how too enable 3d accelaration its a differant version from what we have as we dont have a display option in the virtual machine menu .

Edited by curlyboy, 09 February 2007 - 11:53 PM.

JaS

JaS

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 1,489 posts

Hi again fellas this vmware is {censored}e lol , I went too watch the demo again on youtube and if you watch the demo look and listen too the part that tell you how too enable 3d accelaration its a differant version from what we have as we dont have a display option in the virtual machine menu .

Yeah it is a different version... must be some internal build.

cyclonefr

cyclonefr

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts
Still, using OpenGL to render DirectX sucks :( There is no way it'll run Crysis (yeah I know ;)) on OSX one day.

dragonpool

dragonpool

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Just a wild guess. Since Windows can run natively in Intel Mac, why not one day visualisation software can 'visualise' graphics card using the real one in the host system? If this happens, there will be almost no loss of graphical performance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy