Attansic L1 Driver Project

DaemonES

597 posts in this topic

I'm the lucky owner of an ASUS P5KC board, and I'm in the same boat as most other people here.

Here's my current status:

Downloaded and installed the AttansicL1Ethernet.kext using KextHelper.

En1 up and running with no Mac address. (00:00:00 etc)

When I use DHCP, it grabs a default "out of network" IP.

When IP and DNS is set manually, still no network, and no ping.

Tried to use a guide to set MAC Address manually during startup, but the network tools all still show 00:00:00. However, in Terminal, when I do ifconfig en1, It shows that it has a Mac Address (The mac address used in the instructions found on these forums).

I think that I may have written down the MacAddress incorrectly, but as far as I know, that shouldn't make a difference, as long as there's no other identical Mac Addresses on my network, or am I wrong in assuming this?

Any tips on how to go on from here?

• 3 weeks later...
So I need help of Asus P5B-E owners to test driver.

I've used "ONE and ONLY" AttansicL1.kext from  here(http://www.applelife.ru/topic/19090-macosx-106-установка-на-pc/) for SL 10.6 & 10.6.2 on ASUS P5B-E (both i386 + x86_64 modes work great and better then original drivers in WinXP :thumbsup_anim: ).

But sometimes i've got kernel panic with it ("...timeout...").

Found solution: increase 'PCI Clocks' in BIOS (from 64 to 128 in my case).

p.s.

MD5: 06266921c51a867db2d7d79644ac7b34 AttansicL1Ethernet.kext.zip

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I've used "ONE and ONLY" AttansicL1.kext from  here(http://www.applelife.ru/topic/19090-macosx-106-установка-на-pc/) for SL 10.6 & 10.6.2 on ASUS P5B-E (both i386 + x86_64 modes work great and better then original drivers in WinXP :) ).

I was so happy when I found this thread!!! This kext from russian site works for me!!!!! Wooohooooo!!!! I was searching for a working kext all afternoon, tried lot of them, but I was out of luck, and patience... OMG this is awesome, i was so close to erasing my SnowLeopard partition... i almost lost it :P

I used it on 10.6.0 - Asus P5B-e

Cheers!

I was so happy when I found this thread!!! This kext from russian site works for me!!!!! Wooohooooo!!!! I was searching for a working kext all afternoon, tried lot of them, but I was out of luck, and patience... OMG this is awesome, i was so close to erasing my SnowLeopard partition... i almost lost it :robot:

I used it on 10.6.0 - Asus P5B-e

Cheers!

with this driver sleep/resume work for you ?

• 1 month later...

I have to thank for this driver. 

It works perfectly on my Asus A7SV laptop, both 32 and 64bit snow 10.6.3.

The only thing not working is sleep. But I dont use sleep anyway, so that not a big tradeof :)

Thanks!:)

Does the AttansicL1 work ok for you in regards to bonjour?

For me it sometimes works, sometimes it doesn't.

Any tips?

This also breaks for me. I figure it is an issue with multicast traffic. It seems to work for some time after boot, and then die out, and I need to reboot to get multicast back.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello im having trouble getting my Atansic L1 to work on 10.6.3 i have a ASUS P5K ( orginal ) i have downloaded everything from this thread but nothing works !!!

does anyone know the DEV ID to the Attansic on the AUSUS p5k?

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...
I've used "ONE and ONLY" AttansicL1.kext from  here(http://www.applelife.ru/topic/19090-macosx-106-установка-на-pc/) for SL 10.6 & 10.6.2 on ASUS P5B-E (both i386 + x86_64 modes work great and better then original drivers in WinXP :unsure: ).

p.s.

MD5: 06266921c51a867db2d7d79644ac7b34 AttansicL1Ethernet.kext.zip

Hi, The Download Link does not work anymore..

Could you please upload the kext..

Thanks,

Xavier.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have an Asus P5L-MX

I've tried many kext but I wasn't able to make my onboard lan adapter work :thumbsup_anim:

Installed SnowLeopard 2.6 with hazard (without checking any ethernet kext)

any advices?

I just use kext helper b7 to install kexts..

may be I should do something else?

• 9 months later...
  • 8 years later...

Hello guys, thanks for the work you have done.

I wanted to tell you that I have been using this kext also on macOS Catalina with Asus P5K and It works great, except that ethernet stops to work after sleep.

Can anyone help?

I'm attatching the version of the kext I'm using, I don't know who created It and If this is the latest version, but It works great on Catalina except this sleep problem.

Thank you, Andyapple

AttansicL1Ethernet.kext.zip