Attansic L1 Driver Project

DaemonES

597 posts in this topic

I have an ASUS P5E-VM HDMI with an Atheros L1 network card. I heard from a friend that the Attansic L1 driver will work for it. Is this correct? I apologize if this has already been asked.

Hi, Attansic has been acquired by Atheros, so you may try using the driver, try adding the vendor id to the Info.plist

more info here http://www.atheros.com/news/attansic_cmpt.html

Hi, the errors you´ve got are common, if you´ve got them, it is working, or almost, the Attansic L1e Ethernet is a bit different from the original, but it should work with some mod

Jimmy,

Thanks for the info, but what mod/work remains to be done is unclear to me?

If I can get the project files, I'm happy to debug and patch it for this controller. Any chance of getting access to it?

Thanks.

Hi, I'm starting development of driver for Attansic L1 driver. So I need help of Asus P5B-E owners to test driver. Any one want to get working LAN? :)

Yes I would like to try anything you come up with. I have P5K Prem & P5B Plus Which i think could be very similar to P5B-E, as HCL 10.5.x Points P5K Users to Attansic xx

Hi, the errors you´ve got are common, if you´ve got them, it is working, or almost, the Attansic L1e Ethernet is a bit different from the original, but it should work with some mod
Jimmy,

Thanks for the info, but what mod/work remains to be done is unclear to me?

If I can get the project files, I'm happy to debug and patch it for this controller. Any chance of getting access to it?

Thanks.

I'm a willing guinea pig for this patch. I've got a Asus P5QL-E, which also has the Atheros/Attansic L1e.

:hysterical::hysterical: HI GUYS!!!

I'm from Italy and want to THANKS A LOT all the guys that have the patience....and the brain :( for develop this driver..i'm a good hardware assembler but is the first time i use an Hackintosh and Leopard,great OS but i need time for change and learn about this..

So..i have a P5K,CORE2DUO E6550 @ 3,1ghz and a nvidia 8600gt, use a lanconnections 4 the net because(oh,yeah,in 2008 is ridiculous)in my town there's NO DSL SERVICE...so if i don't have the lan driver have no connection...now i'm in search for the lifecam vx1000 driver,i try with MACAM0.92 but the cam not work fine....4the video i've used the Punk 92 nvidia installer or the package in the kalyway dvd,seems to be good but only see 256mb of ram instead the graphic card and not 512..there's something better?

Hey, I got the Attansic L1 to work but I'm still having issues after sleep. The latest file, will it work with the 10.5.2 file without doing the 10.5.4 update?? Everytime I try to do the update, my computer freezes up on me.

Any ideas as to how I can keep the network card active during sleep?

I changed the IOCPIMatch entry, like FFB73 to card ID: 1026 in the plist of the kext. Now at least the card will be recognized in the System Preferences! Using DHCP a self assigned IP Address is also there, but I tried file sharing between a Macbook or getting to the the internet through Ethernet. Nothing happens. :unsure:

I can't connect to any of it. Usually Internet and file sharing do well with other computers, so... :(

What could I try next?

I got a ASUS P5Q Pro motherboard.

As for the driver the Atheros L1e on Windows is used. Oh, on Windows it just works by the way.

The LSPCI Scan says for vendor etc.:

Ethernet controller [0200]: Attansic Technology Corp. Unknown device [1969:1026] (rev b2)

Hi, Attansic has been acquired by Atheros, so you may try using the driver, try adding the vendor id to the Info.plist

more info here http://www.atheros.com/news/attansic_cmpt.html

Hello,

I have an Asus Eee 1000H with an Atheros LAN. So I tried this experiment and it almost worked I think because I see the correct MAC address inside Leopard. The strange thing in that the Atheros LAN card shows up in the 'Airport' entry which is not correct because that's for WLAN. (See attached pic1)

Here what I did. From "P5KFamily.zip" I extracted the 'AttansicL1Ethernet.kext" folder then edited the Vendor and Device Id in the "Info.plist" to match what Windows XP says about the Atheros Lan card: Vendor(1969) Device(1026)

XP's device manage say: "Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet Controller" (See attached pic3)

Suse's Hardware Information says: "Attansic Ethernet controller" (See attached pic2)

Perhaps DamonEs et al could take it look and get a working LAN driver for the Eee 1000H also. Many 1000H ownners could really benefit from this effort. I'd really appreciate it !!!

post-274228-1220036114_thumb.jpg

post-274228-1220036309_thumb.jpg

post-274228-1220036769_thumb.jpg

With a little more digging, I stumble upon the linux patch anouncement for the Atheros L1E inside the Eee 1000H.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linu...h_string=atl1e;

So I gathered that Atheros L1 and Atheros L1E are different enough devices. This would explain why my hack with an L1 kext almost worked.

Does anyone have a working kext for an Atheros L1E?

With a little more digging, I stumble upon the linux patch anouncement for the Atheros L1E inside the Eee 1000H.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linu...h_string=atl1e;

So I gathered that Atheros L1 and Atheros L1E are different enough devices. This would explain why my hack with an L1 kext almost worked.

Does anyone have a working kext for an Atheros L1E?

Hi,

I have an ASUS P5Q PRO who came with an Atheros L1E card

I modify the Info.plist file

from <string>0x10481969 0x816810ec</string>

to <string>0x10261969 0x816810ec</string>

So now the card is detected but still don't work :(

I have this log during the boot :

[AttansicL1Ethernet] Error: Mac address through SPI is invalid

Should I have to modify something else to make the card working ?

Vincent

Attansic L1 Ethernet Kext & IONetworkingFamily Update for Leopard Retail DVD Instalation Method

This pkg includes a simple script for bringing back the Attansic L1 NIC after sleep: Type " attansic " in the terminal

This instalation is destined to the MAC OS X 10.5.4 update, therefore it is necessary to update to the 10.5.4 version before installing this package!

If you you have installed from retail DVD you will need this package! :D

Atualização de Attansic L1 Ethernet Kext & IONetworkingFamily para o método de Instalação "Retail" do MAC OS X Leopard

Este pkg inclui um script simples para restaurar a rede após o estado de hibernação: Digite " attansic " no terminal

Esta atualização é destinada ao MAC OS X Leopard 10.5.4, portanto é necessário atualizar para a versão 10.5.4 antes de instalar este pacote!

Se você instalou do DVD original você vai precisar deste pacote! :D

Huge thanks to DaemonES & MadInt

AttansicL1Ethernet.zip

Thanks all guys.

Iam a Mac OSX newbie, come from VietNam. I have searched for my network card-onboard driver for a long time. And now, it works very well on my P5K SE Mainboard.

You did a great work.

Way to go and good luck to alls.

Thanks.

Hi - first post (and I feel like a bit of a tool, but...).

I'm having problems getting eth to work. I have the P5K SE, on 10.5.2, which judging by what people are saying *will* work.

I'm using the AttansicL1Ethernet.zip fro mpost #307 in this thread, followed the instructions in #310 (navigate where to new version???), with no obvious errors other than that. No errors from the shell scripts.

Still nothing in system.log about ethernet working, no extra ports (en0, etc) in ifconfig -a. Have I missed a simpler way to do this, or is there a guide I've overlooked?

Thanks in advance!

N.......

Hey, I got the Attansic L1 to work but I'm still having issues after sleep. The latest file, will it work with the 10.5.2 file without doing the 10.5.4 update?? Everytime I try to do the update, my computer freezes up on me.

Any ideas as to how I can keep the network card active during sleep?

IT WILL... ;)

using the lattest PKG, type attansic under terminal, and your net should be working again!

Thanks for your hard work on the driver! I removed my realtek PCI Ethernet card and installed the new PK5 family package and all seemed to be fine. Pretty fast network connection and no problem with internet. Then I launched Logic Pro. Everything worked perfectly until I opened a waves plugin. No licens found! ( You have authorizations on an ilok). What!!! Ilok broken I thought, checked my other ilok plugins, Antares AutoTune 5 and EastWest play engine, no problem. Checked on my Macbook if there was a problem with my ilok waves licenses. No problem. After hours of troublesearching I disabled the onboard LAN in BIOS ( aka Attansic L1 ethernet card). Still no Waves plugins working. Installed my Realtek Ethernet card again. Yes! Waves plugins back in buisness. What I can see the Waves plugins need a working Ethernet card to be in your computer and for some reason the Attansic L1 driver won´t report a good status report to them. I couldn´t run without EthernetCard,nor with Attansic, only with the old trust realtek card. Suggestions?