Attansic L1 Driver Project

DaemonES

597 posts in this topic

Hi, here is a .pkg of the last version of the kext posted here...

Hope it helps some one.. :rolleyes:

Thanks to DaemonES and MadInt (again!)

Works very fine in Asus P5E-VM HDMI!!!

Thanx!!!!!!!!!!!!

can somebody please help. i have zip package but dont have a clue how to install, please have read about loaddebug.sh and dtill cant work it can somebody please give me step by step instructions, the folder is located /Users/daimonbowland/Desktop/AttansicL1Extensions

thank you in advance

i haven't actually tested this yet, but.. you guys totally rule :o

this community owes you :)

i'm going to test this in my P5K-SE right away.

maybe the first post of this thread should be updated, and include a link to the .zip with the package.

best regards and catch you later :) (i'll go insane if i post the result via OS X from my P5K-SE!)

can somebody please help. i have zip package but dont have a clue how to install, please have read about loaddebug.sh and dtill cant work it can somebody please give me step by step instructions, the folder is located /Users/daimonbowland/Desktop/AttansicL1Extensions

thank you in advance

if you have .pkg version of the installer just double-click and install. if you have the "scripted" version-with install scripts. open terminal

type sudo

enter your password

navigate to the folder you unzipped the installer to, eg.:

/users/your_name/downloads/l1_driver/

and type

sh installdebug.sh

wait till finish

type restart and hit enter

or choose restart from the apple menu

thats all

if you have problem with running thru folders in terminal. these commands should help you:

cd folder_name <-- enter the folder

cd .. <-- go up one folder(to the parent folder)

cd / <---go to the root folder

ls -l <--list files and foldeds in current folder

sh script_name.sh <-- run the script specified in script_name

hope this helped a bit:)

Thank you daemonES for this awsome driver. I've just installed and everythings OK! I have Asus P5K SE and works perfect! :) Thanks again for your hard work and good luck for your next projects.

Just installed and tested on my ASUS P5KR (Kalyway 10.5.2). Seems to work fine! Will test sleep/wake later...

Thank you guys!

UPD:

I've tested sleep option. It works for me. Great!

Edited by arhip

Hello there. First off let me say that I am not using a Attansic card. I was reading on another thread that the Attansic kext would also fix an atheros card, which is what I have. If that is true then can you please help me out with this. I have downloaded the kext for the attansic and put it in my extensions folder. I ran the terminal and when I got to the part where you type "kextload attansicl1ethernet.kext" it says this:

kextload: extension /system/library/extensions/attansicl1ethernet.kext is not authentic (check ownership and permissions; run with -t for details)

so I went to the kext file in the extensions folder and got info on the file. I changed the permissions to read & write for all users. I don't know if that has anything to do with it though. I am a big windows user and I don't know a whole lot about the mac structure. I don't know how to do this "-t" thing it's talking about. I feel like I'm really close to getting my wifi working. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Jose

or if u dont have/dont know what kext helper is.

copy the kext to system/library/extensions,then open terminal,

type sudo -s

enter your password

navigate to system/library/extensions to do that, type

cd /

cd system/library/extensions/

type kextload attansicl1ethernet.kext

open disk utility and click repair permissions

the commands u have to enter are bold

Whats this password?

I hit enter (no password and dont work)

try name of hd, name of machine and dont work either...

I didnt made a password, i just let the field of password blank and installed.

I MUST reinstall? Or what should I do?

no u can boot from install dvd and when the setup is loaded, choose reset password from tools menu. then create a new one- but dont create an empty one. then you will be able to do the rest. i honestly dont know other way to work it out. maybe just sudo command without any switches? i'm not sure.

Thanks for the great work, guys.

basically this driver works for my Asus P5K board, but for some reason i'm seemingly getting extremely low bandwidth (no more than 20 kbit in local LAN) and long delays in DNS-lookup. any suggestions what might be the reason?

PS: Odd, but seems that reinstalling the 10.5.3 combo update (which i did to fix core image support) fixed the Problem.

Hey Batian - you have the same board as me. Can you confirm that the driver works for you after resuming from sleep. If so can you list your BIOS version and also what sort of sleep you doing...eg. S1, S3 etc.

Thanks

Whats this password?

I hit enter (no password and dont work)

try name of hd, name of machine and dont work either...

I didnt made a password, i just let the field of password blank and installed.

I MUST reinstall? Or what should I do?

Did you get my PM I sent you? If you didnt make a password make one or just leave that bit blank. Try to think a little before you go and ask things like that.

Dw you wont have to install, just make a password for your account. Its soo much easier to use kext helper so if you dont have it google for it and try that instead of trying to use the console.

Hey Batian - you have the same board as me. Can you confirm that the driver works for you after resuming from sleep. If so can you list your BIOS version and also what sort of sleep you doing...eg. S1, S3 etc.

Thanks

no, i cant confirm i'm afraid. Sometimes it works (i have absolutely no clue why, or where the difference to "standard behavior" is there) , but most of the time i get the

Error: >>> rx exception: status = 0x60700011

as everyone else.

I'm using S3 only sleep mode with Version 1006 BIOS

I've been monitoring this thread since the beginning and it has been worth the wait. Thanks DaemonES and MadInt! Just installed the pkg and it works beautifully with my P5L-VM 1394!

Спасибо братья!

DAMO960 get the pkg file from page 18, quick and easy installer!

Great work, the driver works for me too. P5K, 10.5.3 Kalyway update.

A few issues though also for me:

GigE doesn't work for me, only 100M and slower (tried FD/HD, also fails)

Ethernet is gone after resume from sleep (10.5.3, orig. kernel)

And I'm getting really slow upload speeds, download is fine, but upload is only 500K max.

Any news on an updated version which possibly adresses these issues? Else I'm getting an RT8169 based card pretty soon.

Thanks,

Rooq