Outraged!

Alessandro17

64 posts in this topic

Why Ultimate? Well many don't want to miss out on the full experience of an OS. Plus businesses usually need all of the functionality of the full versions, so Ultimate is the way to go. If you are just a normal user, then lowest end version would be fine. But the fact of the matter robotskip, the over pricing of MS {censored} is ridiculous and the further break up of versions to make consumers have to chose and go higher in price to get all the functionality they want, is ridiculous. So go ahead, keep up the MS flag you wave cause it just gets smaller and smaller in a see of Linux and OSX flags here.

Get a OEM version for only $220 at Royal discount. The only drawback is that you can only get it in either 32 or 64 bit not both unless you buy both OEM's (both versions found on one disc are only found in the retail boxed version). Who the hell needs a box though?

http://store.royaldiscount.com/miwiviulfuve2.html

i think you get both, get the upgrade, all it requires is an xp or 2000 install on it, its like 250 or 260 for buisness/home premium (the two im getting for $20) and on the x64 or x86, all you have to do is send out a cupon and pay for shipping for the other version disk, and i think its the same for oem, though not positive.

Got to love robotskip for making a fool of himself and still being an over the top fanboy! :thumbsdown_anim:

Why Ultimate? Well many don't want to miss out on the full experience of an OS. Plus businesses usually need all of the functionality of the full versions, so Ultimate is the way to go. If you are just a normal user, then lowest end version would be fine. But the fact of the matter robotskip, the over pricing of MS {censored} is ridiculous and the further break up of versions to make consumers have to chose and go higher in price to get all the functionality they want, is ridiculous. So go ahead, keep up the MS flag you wave cause it just gets smaller and smaller in a see of Linux and OSX flags here.

You have got to love your pathetic inability to comprehend simple English sentences, because, if you could you would've stopped the fanboy nonsense a long time ago yet every time it's explained to you it flies over you low level head.

You're wrong on about everything you said:

> Well many don't want to miss out on the full experience of an OS

Most users do not care and the extras you get from Ultimate are not important to the common user.

> Plus businesses usually need all of the functionality of the full versions, so Ultimate is the way to go

If you had actually checked what is in Ultimate vs Business you would know this is not the case.

> over pricing of MS {censored} is ridiculous and the further break up of versions to make consumers have to chose and go higher in price to get all the functionality they want, is ridiculous

No, there is no over pricing and Home Premium is completely fine for most people and it will be the default version for consumers and they do not want the functionality in Ultimate, I really don't think most common users care about Bitlocker.

What's ridiculous is your inability to grasp simple things like this.

> So go ahead, keep up the MS flag you wave cause it just gets smaller and smaller in a see of Linux and OSX flags here.

I don't particularly care about Microsoft and if you had a clue you would've noticed that as for the most part I'm simply correcting the BS so many of you regurgitate.

I really don't care if more people use Mac OS or Linux - if it's honestly a better choice for you and not based on the lies and ignorant comments common around these parts than good for you, I salute you for making an informed decision.

> Well many don't want to miss out on the full experience of an OS

Most users do not care and the extras you get from Ultimate are not important to the common user.

> Plus businesses usually need all of the functionality of the full versions, so Ultimate is the way to go

If you had actually checked what is in Ultimate vs Business you would know this is not the case.

> over pricing of MS {censored} is ridiculous and the further break up of versions to make consumers have to chose and go higher in price to get all the functionality they want, is ridiculous

No, there is no over pricing and Home Premium is completely fine for most people and it will be the default version for consumers and they do not want the functionality in Ultimate, I really don't think most common users care about Bitlocker.

agreed, between business and home premium, home premium = xp media center edition or maybe even home, and buisness = professional, most people will find everything they need in one or the other, and not bother with the rest, im sure a family pc doesnt need drive encryption, and a business or work pc doesnt need media center bloat.

and on robotskip vs sandmanfvrga im just gonna stay out of it, i respect both parties for sure, and definitely dont want to {censored} ether of you off.

All this bitching about the price.

But how much have Apple users paid between the first OSX release and the upcoming Release?

Apple releases a "New" OS every friggin' year. And quite honestly, I don't SEE much difference in the variouse versions.

But how much have Apple users paid between the first OSX release and the upcoming Release?

Apple releases a "New" OS every friggin' year. And quite honestly, I don't SEE much difference in the variouse versions.

So tell us, what version of OS X did Apple release in 2006? :)

Why, do you believe that releasing a new OS every 5 or 6 years and then charging 4 or 5 times as much as the competition is the right way? (M$ way)

And if you "don't SEE much difference in the variouse (?) versions" you are in urgent need of a pair of glasses.

For those of you claiming Vista is expensive:

Myth #10: Vista costs a lot more than XP

Ever since pricing for the various editions of Vista was announced, I've heard a lot of griping and grumbling about how much it costs. Windows XP came in only two versions that were available at retail: Home, which was priced at $199 for the full package and $99 for the upgrade, and Professional, which was priced at $299 for the full package and $199 for the upgrade.

Vista gives you many more options:

* Home Basic: $199 full, $99 upgrade

* Home Premium: $239 full, $159 upgrade

* Business: $299 full, $199 upgrade

* Ultimate: $399 full, $259 upgrade

Everyone seems to be focusing on the price for Ultimate, but if you look at the versions that are directly comparable to the two versions of XP (Home Basic and Business), you'll see that they cost exactly the same as their XP counterparts did five years ago.

Home Premium includes the Windows Media Center and Tablet PC functionality, along with Aero Glass and extra applications such as Windows Movie Maker, Windows Meeting Space, Mobility Center, and Scheduled Backup. Windows XP Media Center Edition and Tablet PC Edition weren't available at retail; you could only get them preinstalled by the OEM.

Ultimate Edition also includes Media Center and Tablet PC, along with business extras such as BitLocker encryption, Remote Desktop, and Windows Complete Backup and Restore. In fact, Ultimate includes all the home entertainment features of Home Premium plus all the corporate goodies of Business and Enterprise editions, and the upgrade to Ultimate costs only $59 more than the XP Pro upgrade while offering a great deal more functionality.

So there is, Vista isn't exuberantly expensive like many of you make it out to be.