Capture Crash! FC5.1

failo

9 posts in this topic

Hi All

I finally got my x800 working with qe and ci (554F, gto with vivo and 430 core). I`m on 10.4.8, using easy update method from eGWan (updated from 10.4.7)

I`ve installed FC 5.1 Universal Binary and everything runs like it should be, i suppose. I tried to capture frome my camcorder using PCI Firewire with TexasInstrumens Chip (Belmonton), i`m able to controle my camcorder play, stop etc. When i pres "record now" it opens an window and the video "slows down" (not realy but it drops frames).

I deleted some preferences but it came one window to registrate again.

Please help

That`s me again. I found a solution for it. The problem was QuickTime. My FireWire is and was supported by macos. So when you plug your camera it will be shown in system profiler, so was it in my case. The issue was because of QuickTime upgrade that i did after FC installation. To repair this you need to instal QuickTime one moer but before that delete all QuickTime files that have some numbers in like QuickTime713.pkg in Library/Reciepts then install quicktime again.

Hope it was helpful for somebody.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got FCP 5.1 on my P5LD2-VM, and i tested the firewire capture as we speek.

No problem with crash or anything, but the only weird thing i see, is the slow preview during the capture from firewire.

I tested a 35 min capture from my DV cam, and everything seems to be perfect after the capture.

I am in PAL land and the timeline goes great, only the preview during the capture seems to redraw in wrong frame rate.

I haven't been work in a real FCP, so i can't be sure if it's a hackintosh problem or not.

My specs.

INTEL E6400 (2.13GHZ Core Duo 2)

M/B ASUS P5LD2-VM

Thermalright Blue Orb II

2x1gb DDR2 Kinston 667 Value Ram

Onboard GMA950

Via Firewire card

• 1 month later...
I finally got FCP 5.1 on my P5LD2-VM, and i tested the firewire capture as we speek.

No problem with crash or anything, but the only weird thing i see, is the slow preview during the capture from firewire.

I tested a 35 min capture from my DV cam, and everything seems to be perfect after the capture.

I am in PAL land and the timeline goes great, only the preview during the capture seems to redraw in wrong frame rate.

I haven't been work in a real FCP, so i can't be sure if it's a hackintosh problem or not.

My specs.

INTEL E6400 (2.13GHZ Core Duo 2)

M/B ASUS P5LD2-VM

Thermalright Blue Orb II

2x1gb DDR2 Kinston 667 Value Ram

Onboard GMA950

Via Firewire card

That's perfectly normal. I've worked on a real mac and does that too...

• 8 months later...

I am trying to get FCP 5.1 working on my machine. Actually, I am having the same problem in Premiere Pro and Final Cut. If I try to capture video, in FCP it says "timecode break" and stops. I look at what was captured -- it seems to be recording at an incorrect framerate (too fast, and all jumpy). In Premiere Pro, it records as much as I want, but in the end looks the same (messed up framerate, jittery). Anyone have this problem? Could it be a problem with Quicktime? I'm on 10.4.9, JAS.

• 1 year later...