NVidiaEFI and Nvidia card with 512Mo VRAM

symbion

40 posts in this topic

my fx6600 w/512mb is running well enough, i still cant play halo well on the top notch settings, but niether can my macbook pro. i also dont have dual displays. when i plug in a second display, it detects, but doesnt show anything.

that natit or titan?

and what it say in system profiler? 512 or 256?

i am also running the 8.4.1 kernel. it allows my acl660 to work. i would love to see other cards working, i prommised my friend my 512 @ some point and i will need to upgrade

What does the GeForceGA.plugin?

is interface ( callback) between kernel driver and UI (more reference into IOKitUser )

removing it is bad idea because you will lose GL hw and CI/QE

Hi guys,

what i need for instal nvidiaefi.kext, remove ntit or not?

i have ine fx5600 agp fully work with nati, but i like tewt a nvidiaefi in may system...

any help will be welcome.

thanks

Hi guys,

what i need for instal nvidiaefi.kext, remove ntit or not?

i have ine fx5600 agp fully work with nati, but i like tewt a nvidiaefi in may system...

any help will be welcome.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I also have go7600 with 512MB, but no way, I've tryed with natit, macvidia...nothing...

I've seen there's a possibility flashing the ROM of the video card but I think it's too risky at the moment...Is it impossible to use the card with just 256MB of memory recognised? (always better than nothing at all ;) )

Have anyone had some luck with the card? I really don't know how to install a driver different than the default vesa

Please be so kind to help me :)

Thank you,

Marco

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi i have a laptop with a nvidia go 7900GTX 512MB. I have read some threats but i can´t find a solution. or should i use the np_'s NvidiaEFI driver? where can i download it?because the macvidia forum is down.

can anybody help me?

thanks olli

I have a dell xps m1710 ive tried every driver for it, but it keeps crashing the kernel, goes to black or blue screen and locks up. i even get the please restart your computer error. it has a nvidia 7900 gtx with 512 mb ram. has anyone found a workaround yet. im really wanting to get full res and the qe for it. thanks in advance.

ps if anyone knows how to remove the driver with out being able to boot into osx so i can get it up and running again i would be much appreiative.