what is your opinion on gay people?

gay people  

77 members have voted

1. 1. what do you think?

• they are immoral and will go to hell and should not be allowed to get married
    • they are moral people and should be allowed to get married

120 posts in this topic

well there is lots of controversy about {censored} marriage and all that stuff...

what do you think about {censored}? .. are they immoral? should they not be let to marry?

i think they are moral and they should be allowed to marry

Edited by Conan Obrien

There really shouldn't be a problem about this. its not like it hurts anyone. its not like it even matters that much in the end of your life. it really just lets people live happy lives. if you share my beliefs (no after life or anything like that), then there is absolutely no reason to restrict anyones happiness. if you really don't want people to be happy based on your beliefs, mabye you should go back and read your guiding principles again. practically every religion preaches being nice to others.

Odd you should start such a topic right when the members of the Italian government are having a bad argument about giving non married couples (including of course heteros) some fundamental rights similar to those of married couples.

It seems that by far the majority of Italians is in favor. The Catholic Church is dead against. It doesn't surprise me a bit: in the seventies they opposed divorce and abortion. They oppose anything which can take away power from their filthy hands.

However your options in the poll are too far apart. Probably many people would rather vote for something in between.

As to {censored} people being immoral and going to hell, that is absolutely preposterous: I believe in God, but I don't recognize any religion. I am more than convinced that every form of love is more than welcome in the eyes of God.

well there is lots of controversy about {censored} marriage and all that stuff...

what do you think about {censored}? .. are they immoral? should they not be let to marry?

i think they are moral and they should be allowed to marry

What the bleep has morality got to do with marriage!?

Don't you know that :|

post-57474-1170044490_thumb.jpg

Edited by consolation

Odd you should start such a topic right when the members of the Italian government are having a bad argument about giving non married couples (including of course heteros) some fundamental rights similar to those of married couples.

im not italian nor am i from italy...

Here in the US the right-wing Christian community fights to keep {censored} marriage illegal, with the help of Dubbya of course. They base it on the "fact" that the Bible forbids it.

But wait, isn't banning {censored} marriage in the US illegal in itself? What happened to the separation Church and State in this country?

Just a thought. Oh, and I have no probs with {censored} being married. It's none of my, or anyone else's business as far as I'm concerned.

Oh, and I have no probs with {censored} being married. It's none of my, or anyone else's business as far as I'm concerned.

The Pope and his followers here say that {censored} marriage would destroy the traditional marriage between a man and a woman.

Nonsense of course :star_smile:

The poll questions are not very good.

How about:

How someone else lives is none of my business but we should not change the definition of marriage. Most any domestic partnership (of age adult humans) should have full rights under the law but should not be called marriage. (becasue it isn't)

I believe its their life, let them do what they want to. Wanna get married, so be it. Why should I care or interfere in their business?? Marriage is just a word, but people who believe its holy or whatever, call it a partnership or something. Seriously it should not be such a big deal.

Edited by Unstable Connection

But wait, isn't banning {censored} marriage in the US illegal in itself? What happened to the separation Church and State in this country?

It is not the only country that the church and the state are separate by the "law" or contitution, here the new secretary of social health care of teh new goverment banned some advances in AIDS prevention by his beliefs (traditional/conservative party of course). :censored2:

The poll questions are not very good.

How about:

How someone else lives is none of my business but we should not change the definition of marriage. Most any domestic partnership (of age adult humans) should have full rights under the law but should not be called marriage. (becasue it isn't)

It isnt the same as marriage, thats why its called "{censored} marriage". and plus, who cares, if you want to be with somebody, the marriage certificate shouldnt change how you feel about them, thats just...wierd.

It isnt the same as marriage, thats why its called "{censored} marriage". and plus, who cares, if you want to be with somebody, the marriage certificate shouldnt change how you feel about them, thats just...wierd.

No that does not change anything about the feeling, but in some countries married couples has benefits, like inusrance policies, health care, inheritance (testament thing), even some comercial.

Marriage is just a document that says you're together.

It's about the relationship, not the document.

No that does not change anything about the feeling, but in some countries married couples has benefits, like inusrance policies, health care, inheritance (testament thing), even some comercial.

Exactly, so they should have the same rights as strait people in that regard, since they obviously cant and shouldnt pretend to be somebody that they're not (unless they dont care about being happy with who they are).

Thats true, in most of the countries {censored} people want to be married and be recognized legally (i mean with legal benefits too).

i have no problem with {censored} people getting married by the way.

Edited by Zealot

What happened to the separation Church and State in this country?

Shhh, there isn't really one, it's just a charade put on by the government. Why do you think that the ten commandments are displayed at practically every court room in the US? And when witnesses swear on the Bible.

If someone wants to be with another person of the same sex, I don't think our government should be able to stop them. And if they plan on spending the rest of their lives together, I don't see why they shouldn't be given the same rights as a couple of opposite sex.

[offtopic]By the way, anyone hear about that government official that was scrutinized because he wanted to take his oath of office in the Koran instead of the Bible? There's just something wrong with that. :whistle: [/offtopic]

If you're talking about me... it was a joke... I'm the biggest homo on the board. (I thought everyone knew that)

EDIT: I'd like to point out that 6 people voted for immoral/hell, and I'm the only one with the courage to actually say it. And I dont even believe in morality or hell.

Edited by gwprod12

It is not the only country that the church and the state are separate by the "law" or contitution, here the new secretary of social health care of teh new goverment banned some advances in AIDS prevention by his beliefs (traditional/conservative party of course). :)

We have a similar situation here in the US as well concerning stem cell research. Imagine all those lives scientists could begin saving if they were allowed to continue researching this subject. But hey, God forbid we play.........uh........ God. :rolleyes:

And rollcage, let's not forget the ever popular debate on school prayers. Oh, and how bout those southern politicians fighting to force schools to teach Creationism over Evolution? Absolutely absurd :wacko:

Didn't mean to take the topic off course. Carry on.....

Edited by AldousHxlE

Where's the "I don't care and I don't think anyone should get married" option?

In all honesty, it doesn't matter to me. If {censored} people feel they want to have the same sufferings that marriage can bring to straight people, so be it. Personally I'd say not being able to get married is the ultimate excuse: "You know I'd marry you if I could, but it's illegal, so let's just have sex kthx."