VMware Jas 10.4.8 Failure during install

21 posts in this topic

I succesfully installed the jas 1.4.8 Osx version natively on an ide hard disk partition.

But now i am trying to get my via sata working through vmware, which isn't working for me actually.

After the language selection dialog and the install loading is finished i am presented with an error dialog shown in the screenshot.

Viewing the log gives me a " kernel failure".

I tried almost every vmware tutorial on this forum. Although i can't seem to find a working vmware configuration.

post-13867-1170009236_thumb.jpg

Edited by Beire

I read that the kernel will not boot in VMware. So I'm downloading now "JaS 10.4.8 AMD Intel SSE2 SSE3 /W PPF1 Integrated & Defiant diskutil fix" from Demonoid and will try this later...

That's the dvd i am using :whistle:

I have it installed using both AMD and Intel patches.

Important to mention is to use the -vmware flag during the install boot, and -legacy on everyboot (apple.boot.plist editing...)

Also, when creating the partitions force the 1 partition scheme.

Tried the new download today, but the same things happen.

Error loadning kernel.

Furthermore i get a message in VMware that the machine has sent a command that needs to be assembled when configurating a "workstation"

had the same problem and nothing solved it, so I bought a cheap DVD-rw and burned the iso and booted native and all worked fine.

Strange because this never happened to me before with 10.4.3 until 10.4.7

must be something with the new kernel.

Same problem here!. Im using last jas dvd+ppf1+defiant patch.

Works OK for a native install, but every time I try with vmware I get the screen from the 1st post.

BTW the flag "-vmware" does not make any difference...

Edited by blackchungo