Maya at 0SX86

zikman

20 posts in this topic

I have installed successfully Maya 8,5 at jas 10.4.8..

Maya loads fine...

However i am experiencing a serious problem..

Wireframes are displaying correctly at viewpoints...but objects at shaded mode are not showing right...They are appearing black or white, something that is not expected...Rendering works fine even paint effects..work right...

Just shaded moded isnt working right..

I have to tell you that i am on a gma950...

I suspect that this has to do with OPENGL.framework...

Share your comments, ideas or experiences...

if i choose in a viewport "use no lights" then shaded mode works ok...

If i choose "use all lights" then objects are not appearing correctly...all objects are appearing complete white or complete black...

You should try to Extract the 10.4.8 Intel Combo Update's OpenGL.framework that is Sep, 25 ....(Don't install the whole Combo Update)

and make sure you know how to pull yourself up before trying...Backup your thing before you don't have your thing...Good Luck

I am sure that its an OpenGL.framework problem...However if i extract the framework from Intel10.4.8 Combo update then the gui of osx is broken...Only the pointer is shown up...What other version of OpenGL.framework could i use??

The site of Autodesk says that 10.4.8 is neseccary for maya to run..(maybe its due to the different opengl.framework)

on my hackintosh p5ld2-vm (gma 950) all is ok with maya (see attached) on 10.4.7...

on my real MacMini coreduo 1,66, it do the same as you, but the two have GMA 950...

i'll look the differencies when i'll can...

post-17498-1170613749_thumb.jpg

I have managed to run maya properly with 915 kexts...

However with this way i lose the ablity to run ppc applications.....

I would be grateful if you could mail me the three 915 kexts as well as your OpenGL.framework....

I am out of ideas....!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

oh you people seems to have successfully installed maya on a hackintosh...

I'm experiencing problems with the... erm... crack

It asks for the mac address of the 'built-in Ethernet', which in my case is either a realtek pci card or the integrated lan of my mobo. in both cases, the license utility of maya won't give me a mac address! I guess it's because it doesn't support hacked lan kext or whatever, so how did you guys manage to get yours working?

cheers

• 3 weeks later...