Fujitsu T-421X TabletPC

135 posts in this topic

hmmm, with iDeneb 10.5.5 the DVDBurner-Drive is not recognized - any ideas?

ok, done - DVD is recognized. look here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...ic=88335&hl

I am booting from an external USB-HD and everything works great. I am using a USB Wireless adapter while typing this post.

Only thing I really miss is screen-rotation. If anyone has an idea ...

• 4 weeks later...
I have updated my T4215 to iDeneb's 10.5.5 but still very long Boot-time - any ideas?

News: it was a PC-Card issue. fixed it with

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=81036

boottime now much shorter -

Did you do anything special when applying the .kexts? from that link? I tried using "rev 8" of those kexts with iATKOS 10.5.4 and got kernel panic. Did you perhaps use the 10.5.2 beta3 ones? Thanks

UPDATE

I got the T4210 working as follows:

iATKOS 10.5.4 with:

- stock kernel

- stock AppleAPCIPlatform

- No video drivers. I was getting a half-blue / half-black freeze when I chose the GMA950/945 drivers. I hope to try these again.

-The the "beta3" PC card kexts from the link above.

Sound:

- Get AppleHDA Patcher version 1.12 (NOT version 1.20)

- Create a codec-dump for the sound card using Ubuntu 8.10 LiveCD

- Give the codec dump to AppleHDA. It will modify the driver accordingly... speakers and headphones work perfectly.

Video works with Intel GMA driver. Strangely I did NOT install this specifically -- it just worked.

What doesn't work:

*** NOTE that I didn't try to get any of this working yet... I'm just glad the machine boots!! ***

- Ethernet doesn't seem to work

- Tablet functionality doesn't work

• 2 weeks later...
What doesn't work:

*** NOTE that I didn't try to get any of this working yet... I'm just glad the machine boots!! ***

- Ethernet doesn't seem to work

- Tablet functionality doesn't work

Hi!

1. Tablet functionality:

1.1) to enable serial port do the following modification to the Apple16X50ACPI.kext:

Edit info.plist:

/system/library/extensions/Apple16X50Serial.kext/Contents/PlugIns/Apple16X50ACPI.kext/Contents/Info.plist

change IONameMatch string:

PNP0501 to FUJ02E5

repair permissions, touch /System/Library/Extensions

1.2) TabletMagic project site at http://sourceforge.net/projects/tabletmagic/

2. Ethernet:

Edit IONetworkingFamily.kext/AppleYukon2.kext/Contents/info.plist:

for <key>Yukon-88E8055</key>

change:

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

<string>0x436311ab</string>

<key>IOPCISecondaryMatch</key>

<string>0x139a10cf</string>

(check yours string in hardware id ethernet card, for example, under windows)

repair permissions, touch /System/Library/Extensions

that's all :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

in case anyone out there is still playing around with their t42xx, i just added a guide for my own install procedure here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=156981

these are the problems that i haven't been able to fix:

-Sleeping/Waking. may be an issue with video driver; after "waking" computer, the screen is visible but incredibly dark. DeepSleep program might work, if i could figure out how to use it. also, there was one installation i did that made the power button functional but i didn't care to repeat it and figure out what made it work. if we ever get screen rotation to work, we'll need to include one of these drivers/fixes that allowed those buttons to work: USB fix, PowerManagment package, ACPI fix, CPUS=1, SATA (New), or Remove AppleIntelCPU disabler. not sure which one of those made the buttons functional but one of them did. i'll also be checking into insomnia.kext and laptopdisplay.kext.

-SD Card Reader (O2Micro). i see the words O2Micro on a lot of posts out there but my sd card reader doesn't work in mac. let me know if yours does (and you're a t42xx user).

-Reverse/Switch Mouse Buttons. ok so this is more of a personal preference which the community isn't responsible for. but how the heck did apple forget to let lefties switch their mouse buttons? can someone write a script/mod for this?

-Intel SpeedStep. ?? . i wouldn't mind using this but there weren't any drivers native to the iPC installer for it and i don't really know what it does anyway. my laptop works fine without it. let me know if/how i should get it running.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I have managed to install Snow Leo on my T4215. The hardest thing was to get the screen working. Used the external monitor method and after a view tries it did work.

So far sound doesnt work and the digitizer does not. I cant get the serial port to work. Anyone else working on this?

• 2 weeks later...
I have managed to install Snow Leo on my T4215. The hardest thing was to get the screen working. Used the external monitor method and after a view tries it did work.

So far sound doesnt work and the digitizer does not. I cant get the serial port to work. Anyone else working on this?

Yeah. Recently installed snowleo on my t4210 using an external display. Got the internal lcd to work with an efi string, but no rotation and sleep support etc. Did you manage to get the lcd to work?

Will try to fix wifi next. Used to work out of the box in leopard (have replaced wifi card with a broadcom chip) but I have a hunch that the patched dsdt is messing it up.

• 3 months later...