• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

Khashoggi

Khashoggi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
Irrelevant argument. Text deleted to clean up this thread...

Edited by Khashoggi, 05 February 2007 - 02:08 PM.

Thinkyhead

Thinkyhead

Scott Lahteine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:OSX, iOS, reprap, science!
But wait, that's just incorrect.

The file you posted, and I reposted, is not a REALbasic binary. It's a binary produced by XCode, and it's a daemon of the sort that can not be made in REALbasic.

So, are you just humoring me now, or is this your final statement?

Khashoggi

Khashoggi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
Both :)

paringas

paringas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
Hey, what do you know, i'm awake for a new day.

Scott, check you mail.
As far as you argument goes... I don't know - I think noone really cares except for you guys :)
Scott will always remain a TabletMagic dude. Noone takes that away from him.
Khashoggi "modified existing/coded his own on the basis" driver with no proper support for calibration/writing recognition/many other things so his work is a temporary hack.
The final word is after Scottie, so the argument doesn't really make sense.

Thinkyhead

Thinkyhead

Scott Lahteine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
If you were me...? Exhibit A:

(Image removed)

Edited by Scott Lahteine, 10 December 2009 - 10:37 PM.

paringas

paringas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
Just to let mere mortals know how the progress is going:

To get some basic functionality out of your Tablet PC Digitizer do the following(no garranites though):

Go into Windows Device Manager and into you digitizer's driver -> go into the Details tab -> Copy this 8/7 character string before the slash.

Edit info.plist:
/system/library/extensions/Apple16X50Serial.kext/Contents/PlugIns/Apple16X50ACPI.kext/Contents/Info.plist
change IONameMatch string:
PNP0501 to whatever your 8/7 character string is.

eg for T Series Fujitsu it is FUJ02E5
or for HP TC4200 it is WACF006

Clear kext caches by removing the following files:
/system/library/Extensions.kextcache
/system/library/Extensions.mkext

Download Khashoggi's temporary driver from a few posts up.

Copy kkTabletDaemonStartupitem from the downloaded archive to /library/startupitems

Reboot

Edited by paringas, 04 February 2007 - 12:55 AM.

Thinkyhead

Thinkyhead

Scott Lahteine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
I wonder, does the driver actually need to be installed to see the pointer move? I'm curious because Apple has rudimentary ADB support for older powerbook touch pads, and it would be cool if they had rudimentary serial support too.

Khashoggi

Khashoggi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Edited by Khashoggi, 05 February 2007 - 02:07 PM.

paringas

paringas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

I wonder, does the driver actually need to be installed to see the pointer move? I'm curious because Apple has rudimentary ADB support for older powerbook touch pads, and it would be cool if they had rudimentary serial support too.

Sorry, Scott, I'm not quite sure what you're talking about.

fireshark

fireshark

Your Mom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts
I suppose © 2004 Scott Lahteine is a protocol handling error name too?

Khashoggi

Khashoggi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Edited by Khashoggi, 05 February 2007 - 02:07 PM.

paringas

paringas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
Having played with khashoggi's driver for a bit, all i can say is that i'm pretty happy with everything.

With a little help from TabletMagic i got Inkwell to work as it should.
All you have to do is install TabletMagic - > go into Extras tab -> click Enagle Ink.
Then go into System Preferences -> Ink -> Enable handwriting recognition.
I can't imagine it wouldn't be working on any other tablet pc.

So, at the end of the day i got a fully functional MACTABLET with the exception of:

1. No Calibration - the default one's good enough for now.
2. No Pressure Sensitivity settings and some others available in Wacom App/Driver
3. No Hardware Tablet Button support - shouldn't be a problem if you're using XFree, but definitely needs to be looked at.

Now we need to rename this thread to something less obscure and get the masses in.

Also, would be interesting to find out if there's a way of internally converting our serial port to a virtual USB one so that Wacom driver detects it

And the last thing - there have been a couple of tablet pc releases with USB digitizers (like, say, Asus R1F). I'd like to hear some feed back on the situation there.

Great Work!!!

Rexpresso

Rexpresso

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Just to let mere mortals know how the progress is going:

To get some basic functionality out of your Tablet PC Digitizer do the following(no garranites though):

Go into Windows Device Manager and into you digitizer's driver -> go into the Details tab -> Copy this 8/7 character string before the slash.

Edit info.plist:
/system/library/extensions/Apple16X50Serial.kext/Contents/PlugIns/Apple16X50ACPI.kext/Contents/Info.plist
change IONameMatch string:
PNP0501 to whatever your 8/7 character string is.

eg for T Series Fujitsu it is FUJ02E5
or for HP TC4200 it is WACF006

Clear kext caches by removing the following files:
/system/library/Extensions.kextcache
/system/library/Extensions.mkext

Download Khashoggi's temporary driver from a few posts up.

Copy kkTabletDaemonStartupitem from the downloaded archive to /library/startupitems

Reboot

Ok, this has got the Tablet on my T4215 working but the tracking is WAY off. The X axis is totally exagerated, i.e. moving the pen 1/16" sends the cursor flying and the Y axis sensitivity is exactly the opposite. The digitizer settings in TabletMagic are "locked" so I can't see a way to affect the sensitivity/tracking of the pen.

Any ideas on where I've gone wrong?

paringas

paringas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
i think you might be using tabletmagic as your driver so kill it by going into extras tab and clicking on kill daemon. then manually start khashoggi's daemon... it should give you a terminal window saying that the tablet initialized successfully, which you don't close by the way.
you will find a better set of instructions here:
http://forum.insanel...showtopic=41054

Ferret-Simpson

Ferret-Simpson

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
Now now boys and girls, stop telling tales on each other.

To be honest, neither code works right so I don't see the need to worry about it.

Now, Khas, why don't you give your realbasic source code out, or whatever the hell it is. That way:

If it is realbasic code then we can all be happy that it's not a rip off.
If it IS Scott's code then you've released it all GPL like so we're all happy.

And FINALLY, whatever the code is, not that anyone apart from you two particularly cares, we just want working TabletPC's it can then be adapted and integrated into Tablet Magic to allow us to use the damn things properly. OK?

Good thing you have a genius like me to think of these things, isn't it.

Scott, with the code think you can get it into 2.0 before you finish the beta cycle?

I honestly don't understand this. 10.4.6, 10.4.8, either revision of kext, I've tried all four combinations but it simply doesn't work. The moment I try and access the serial port, the system gives me the Grey Screen of Death.

Anyone think it's a northbridge/southbridge/cpu fault? I was having my doubts about the way the system kept corrupting itself when it ran Windows. Memtest showed nothing.

Still, I'm again without pen support and thus wasting the 500 extra this machine cost me over a standard model. Unfortunately, I can't let Fujitsu have it till the end of term. Oh to hell with it, It doesn't work right anyway, I should just stick with my iBook.

Rexpresso

Rexpresso

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

i think you might be using tabletmagic as your driver so kill it by going into extras tab and clicking on kill daemon. then manually start khashoggi's daemon... it should give you a terminal window saying that the tablet initialized successfully, which you don't close by the way.
you will find a better set of instructions here:
http://forum.insanel...showtopic=41054

Thanks, that fixed it. The Tablet now works fine although I must say that Apple's Ink doesn't seem to be as good as I was hoping. Granted, I do write like a serial killer.

If I could just get Audio and Wifi working this thing would be nearly 100% functional!

paringas

paringas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

I honestly don't understand this. 10.4.6, 10.4.8, either revision of kext, I've tried all four combinations but it simply doesn't work. The moment I try and access the serial port, the system gives me the Grey Screen of Death.

I'm using OSX 10.4.6 updated to 10.4.7.
Also, try looking in your bios for suspicious serial/digitizer settings.
I'm pretty certain it's a software issue. One of the signs is Rexpresso with his working digitizer on the same tablet.

Khashoggi

Khashoggi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
On to wireless...

T4210 (I would imagine the T4215's are very similar in layout minus the Core2Duo instead of CoreDuo)
Gathering information from the busses using windoze:

Wireless card (dell 1390 PCI-E) shows memory range: PCI5,DEV0,FUN0 $DBFFC000 - DBFFFFFF
ethernet (Marvell/Yukon 88E8055 PCI-E) PCI2,DEV0,FUN0 $F0000000 - F0003FFF
o2 micro OZ711MP1/MS1 memory cardbus controller PCI8,DEV3,FUN0 $FEBFF000 - FEBFFFFF
" $FEBFE000 - FEBFEFFF
" $D0000000 - D3FFFFFF
o2 micro OZ711MP1/MS1 memory cardbus controller PCI8,DEV3,FUN1 $FEBFD000 - FEBFDFFF
" $FEBFC000 - FEBFCFFF
" $CC000000 - CFFFFFFF
02 micro integrated MMC/SD controller PCI8,DEV3,FUN2 $F0201000 - F02010FF
02 micro integrated MS/SM/xD controller PCI8,DEV3,FUN3 $F0200000 - F0200FFF
Intel 82801 PCI Bridge-2448 PCI0,DEV30,FUN0
Intel 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express root port 27d0 PCI0,DEV28,FUN0 $F0000000 - F00FFFFF
Intel 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express root port 27d2 PCI0,DEV28,FUN1 $F4000000 - F7FFFFFF
Intel 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express root port 27d4 PCI0,DEV28,FUN2 $D8000000 - D8FFFFFF
$D4000000 - D7FFFFFF

so my prelimary analysis is:
We know that the ethernet works and its bus is powered up, which is PCI bus #2 according to above with memory range for the controller at $F0000000 - F003FFF and all the stuff that doesn't work is the wireless cards, the 02 micro cardbus slot, and the 02 MMC/SD card reader which all use PCI bus #5 or #8 with several memory ranges.

Since the Ethernet works, and its memory range falls within the "Intel 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express root port 27d0" that means that particular PCI express port is powered up and operational.

I will review the ioreg output when in OSX but I seem to remember that the other two ports 27d2 and 27d4 were not powered up and that the device tree showed the wireless, cardbus controller, and SD card readers as being underneath them.

I am going to boot my Macbook Pro into bootcamp windoze and check the device manager output there and compare to see if their are any bus similiarities.

My theory is that the busses that interface with the wireless and other non-working systems on the T4210 are not being powered up/enumerated and therefore whatever is connected to those busses is never seen by the OS. There may be someway to tweak the existing OSX kexts responsible for bus enumeration to look at these particular busses (maybe even swap which one it looks at if it is limited to one - for example knock off the ethernet in favor of the wireless - I would make that trade).

If anyone has something to add or wishes to help figure this out, please I welcome you to help with the mystery and lets get our wireless working. Tablet's are no fun with wires sticking out of them to use internet. Oh, and bluetooth through my phone is too much of a blast to the past at ISDN speeds...

Khashoggi

Khashoggi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
Here is a T4210 Fedora core 6 lspci:

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/PM/GMS/940GML and 945GT Express Memory Controller Hub (rev 03)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller (rev 02)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 1 (rev 02)
00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 2 (rev 02)
00:1c.2 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 3 (rev 02)
00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI #1 (rev 02)
00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI #2 (rev 02)
00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI #3 (rev 02)
00:1d.3 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI #4 (rev 02)
00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller (rev 02)
00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge (rev e2)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 82801GBM (ICH7-M) LPC Interface Bridge (rev 02)
00:1f.1 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) IDE Controller (rev 02)
00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 82801GBM/GHM (ICH7 Family) Serial ATA Storage Controller AHCI (rev 02)
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) SMBus Controller (rev 02)
02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88E8055 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 12)
05:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-PCI Card (rev 01)
08:03.0 CardBus bridge: O2 Micro, Inc. OZ711MP1/MS1 MemoryCardBus Controller (rev 20)
08:03.1 CardBus bridge: O2 Micro, Inc. OZ711MP1/MS1 MemoryCardBus Controller (rev 20)
08:03.2 Class 0805: O2 Micro, Inc. Integrated MMC/SD Controller
08:03.3 Bridge: O2 Micro, Inc. Integrated MS/xD Controller

lspci -t :
-[0000:00]-+-00.0
+-02.0
+-02.1
+-1b.0
+-1c.0-[0000:02]----00.0
+-1c.1-[0000:03-04]--
+-1c.2-[0000:05]----00.0
+-1d.0
+-1d.1
+-1d.2
+-1d.3
+-1d.7
+-1e.0-[0000:08-10]--+-03.0
| +-03.1
| +-03.2
| \-03.3
+-1f.0
+-1f.1
+-1f.2
\-1f.3

I think it is a bus enumeration issue where the Apple driver is going through the busses and finding a gap in the bus numbering 0.1.2.5 and stops because there is no 3 thinking its done and never sees the devices afterwards... It is still a hunch, and I don't see conclusive proof yet...

Ferret-Simpson

Ferret-Simpson

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
The T4210 and T4215 ARE identical. You can even upgrade one to the other. They share a bios, so you can flash the T4210 with the T4210/5 v1.09 bios, and the CPU is socketed according to CPU-Z, so you can simply swap it for the 64 bit core 2 duo.

As for the Software settings, there are virtually no BIOS configurable options. Hence why I think I have a faulty machine. Ubuntu boots but runs at a snails pace, Sabayon crashes halfway though boot, and Windows was behaving very oddly from first install - Mysterious inexplicable Bluescreens every few days. Hence why I thought it was a hardware issue. I upgraded to the newer Combo bios to try and fix them.

Oh V&*ta to it, I've called them up to arrange collection and repair. Was supposed to go over christmas, but at he time my backup notebook (iBook G3 700) Was without a PSU. Now that I have it back, and I don't have a functional pen anyway, I guess it might aswell get fixed. It's under warranty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy