DHL DELL HELL part 2. DHL delivered the monitor and now it is missing!

Guest goodtime

79 posts in this topic

Guest goodtime
My Inspiron is my first dell purchase and I'm completely satisfied with them. I ordered a network card that I had to end up returning, it was credited to my account in full with in 5 days. They send me coupons and special offers all the time and I'm defiantly buying a monitor from them, probably the 24in.

The 24in. is a nice size monitor. I still love my 2100fp 20" monitor. The E207 is not as good, but I think the 2007fp monitor is a good monitor (same features and size as the 2100fp).

gt

Edited by goodtime

Guest goodtime
I want the one with the extra video inputs, it's going to play part time TV in my bedroom :thumbsdown_anim:

Probably want the 24" or 30" then. The 20" isn't bad, but might be a little too small far away.

gt

Guest goodtime
Thanks for the input on Dell, GoodTime,

I will stick with Viewsonic and NEC, both have proven to work well. I guess I wont even think about Dell next time I look for a monitor. I am getting ready to buy a LCD TV and think I may go with Viewsonic there too. Dell spends enough on advertising, too bad they don't care about what happens after they unload junk on someone

Hey Sid,

I didn't know you were a Member of InsanelyMac? That's cool. Long time, no see! :thumbsdown_anim:

Hope your business is going well. I think the problem is the outsourced call center in India. I hope that Dell fixes this problem. However it looks like they've been outsourcing their Customer Care for at least 2-3 years now. Hopefully this news blog can help change that.

gt

How can they if the information presented is factual? Just because someone wants something truthful censored doesn't mean they will get their wish.

That was a joke in light of all the junk thats been going on recently.

Guest goodtime
How can they if the information presented is factual? Just because someone wants something truthful censored doesn't mean they will get their wish.

Dell has not asked for the information to be censored. The information presented is factual. However, I volunteered to have this thread removed to show good faith. However, it will be up to the Moderators at InsanelyMac.com to either remove or close the thread down as I am not a moderator of this forum. This thread did get Michael Dell's attention. Yes, the PR is slightly better. A few of us actually discussed which DELL monitor to buy. Community websites such as this one have a great influence on how companies conduct their business. Hopefully this type of editorial feedback will improve and change things over time.

My biggest gripe are companies that use Call centers in India for handling Customer Care/Service. This is a very important part of the post sales process. It is not a good place to cut corners. As an American and I call to complain about a legitimate concern, I would like the other person on the other line to have some sense of understanding to my problem. I did not get that feeling from a person in India. No offense. These people are trying to do a good job, but they way they communicate does not come across geniune and it does not seem like anything gets accomplished. Each time called or received an email, the answers were completely different sometimes within 15 minutes of each other. I did know what to believe or if anything was being done. The more I tried to get the problem solved with the India Call Center, the more frustrated I became.

Sincerely,

gt

Edited by goodtime

Guest goodtime

This issue has been resolved.

Moderator, if you desire, you can closed down or remove this thread.

Thank you,

Goodtime

Edited by goodtime

Guest goodtime
so now your problem its over, good for you goodtime :thumbsup_anim:

Yes. This thread served its purpose.

Thanks for everyone's support. I was able to get things worked out thanks to InsanelyMac.com

Cheers,

gt

Glad to hear it goodtime :). Finally there is hope that issues like this can be resolved, I hope Mr. Dell took this thread with high priority and will implement the necessary changes to the outsourcing problem. I do find it to be pretty cool that InsanelyMac.com has been noticed in a positive light ^_^.

Whee :D.

he doesnt have to prove anything
Well, if he takes back his comment claiming Dell has the worst customer service (Which is currently a lie until he proves it) than he doesn't.

definatly, why would you ever have to prove that dells suck?
It's not to prove that Dell sucks but to prove his comment that they have the worst customer service.

He should've just said something along the lines of "Gosh, I have had an absolutely abysmal experience with Dell's customer service and here, read my melodramatic thread about it.'

Edited by robotskip

Guest goodtime

To whom it my concern:

I said it was the worst service that I have ever experienced from any computer company. In the end, Dell's Executive Care took care my problem and they dealt with it in a professional and speedy manner.

I took back my comments because I told Dell that I would have them removed during our negotiations. I volunteered to do this. When two parties compromise, each side has to give something in order to reach a middle ground.

Now I could have been a complete jerk about it. I could have decided to leave the comments and not speak with Michael's customer care people. Nothing would of been resolved and nothing would improve on either side. I made up my mind if Michael read my comments and paid attention to my problem, that my goal would be to have this come to a final resolution. It was completed within 24 hours.

I was glad to get this issue resolved and can now put this behind me. This took many hours dealing with Dell's outsourced customer care and it got nowhere. Yes, it was an ordeal. One that I care not to repeat.

I did leave a final commentary about outsourcing and that was my main problem that resulted in poor customer service with Dell after the post sale. I felt that it was unfair to Dell if they took the time to take care of my problem, to leave all of my comments on InsanelyMac.

I would like to thank Michael Dell for making this issue a priority. His people in Texas did an excellent job getting this resolved. I hope things continue to improve with Dell's Customer Care. I hope that Dell can expand their Care Centers in the United States, so that everyone in the world can receive the red carpet treatment that I received from Dell.

gt

Edited by goodtime

Guest goodtime
Glad to hear it goodtime :D. Finally there is hope that issues like this can be resolved, I hope Mr. Dell took this thread with high priority and will implement the necessary changes to the outsourcing problem. I do find it to be pretty cool that InsanelyMac.com has been noticed in a positive light :).

Whee :D.

It definitely turned out to be a positive experience. One that I will never forget.

If anyone is interested in Discussing the Positives and Negatives about Dell and how they are improving their Customer Service. I will be moving and continuing this discussion at:

http://dellcare.blogspot.com/

Edited by goodtime

Guest goodtime

DELL REP:

I have a problem.

http://track.dhl-usa.com/TrackByNbr.asp?Sh...ber=96987839583

DHL Tracking Number: 96987839583

DHL Delivered the package. But someone by the name of G LOOR Signed for it. No one by the name of G LOOR lives at my address.

DHL Also said they attempted delivery yesterday, but that was falsified by the driver because I was home at the time of the attempted delivery.

I do not have my new Dell Monitor. It's missing. I am frustrated.

Sincerely,

gt

p.s.

Can anything else go wrong with this fiasco?

Edited by goodtime

Guest goodtime

As far as I can tell speakers were delivered separately and correctly to my house.

Either another driver delivered my Monitor to the wrong address and who knows where it is now or the box was delivered by the same driver but mixed it up with packages that went to another business. Either way, the Monitor could have ended up anywhere.

DHL will give me an update on Monday. Right now I am out of a monitor until DHL finds it or DELL re-sends another monitor. Thanks DHL for losing the package and thanks DELL for using DHL. Thank you thank you thank you.

GT

Edited by goodtime

Maybe Dhl is cheaper than the other companies.

maybe the next time you will have to go to the store by yourself in a truck .

But what happened to you is very far from being funny.

Guest goodtime
Maybe Dhl is cheaper than the other companies.

maybe the next time you will have to go to the store by yourself in a truck .

But what happened to you is very far from being funny.

DELL has responded to my blog. They must have many people scouring the internet for Customer problems. I am not going to worry. But this is now the third go around with DELL and my 1st bought with DHL. However, I am going to be very firm with DELL now. This time none of my postings will be erased. They will need to make sure this is cleared up correctly even if Michael Dell himself has to delivery the monitor to me. If that's what it takes, so be it.

gt

Edited by goodtime

man goodtime that sucks majorly :=/, Apparently something went very wrong, but usually delivery systems are pretty careful about those types of things. What really concerns me is that someone else signed for it at its 'delivery' so it maybe that its not even in DHL anymore.

Keep us posted goodtime, I think I may ask one of my business instructors what the best course of actions for you is as he is a business attorney.

Guest goodtime
man goodtime that sucks majorly :=/, Apparently something went very wrong, but usually delivery systems are pretty careful about those types of things. What really concerns me is that someone else signed for it at its 'delivery' so it maybe that its not even in DHL anymore.

Keep us posted goodtime, I think I may ask one of my business instructors what the best course of actions for you is as he is a business attorney.

Thank you BlackShadowWolf. I also posted a message to Dell's Executive Care and Michael Dell at: http://dellcare.blogspot.com

gt