Okay, I'm totally fed up with all of this..

6 posts in this topic

I can't dual boot.

As of now, I've uninstalled everything and am running only Vista

Can somebody PLEASE tell me a step by step way on how to dual boot Vista+10.4.8 because if I try by myself anymore I'll end up just trashing the Jas disk.

Wowwww this is so frustrating.

I wound up triple-booting Windows, OS X, and Linux. That included the Vista bootloader, so my advice is to install Vista first, then OS X via some guide that gets your partition set up right, and then you can use the OS X boot loader to boot up Vista... or in my case, I think I installed LILO to the MBR. Ah, you do need to know that the OS X boot loader will require a little configuration. Use your OS X cd to boot into your OS X installation, and then modify the config file to have a longer wait than 0 before it tosses you back to the windows boot thingy.

Well, I'm far, far from being a guru. In my case what happened was that I couldn't boot into OS X without the install disk. As it turned out, that issue was remedied by simply changing the bootloader settings -- it was one of those .plist files, I believe. What's going wrong with your installation?