HOW TO: Installing 10.4.3 in VMWare

DeathChill

216 posts in this topic

Don't count on Maxxuss to always be around on every new development. I'm sure he has a life, family, and a real job to attend to. 10.4.3 is useless to about 95% of the people who have it. Those who know what to do with it are pretty busy with it and not posting anything unless they have something solid to contribute. Lets hope we will be able to install 10.4.3 by Thanksgiving or Christmas?

Hey, blame MacGirl for letting me know what The Man was up to. I'm just forwarding the message.

Yeah, the prettiest always has the blame :)

BTW, I have a new iPod nano :P

so i am guessing this will boot in pearpc :), /me cant wait for screenshots lol

Not only in PearPC, also in PPC Mac

@Takuro, My vmw session with install osx 1041 simply goes to kernel panik bitching about not finding the root device. I have to mount it on deamon tools for the panick to go away.

I suggest going both directions and see which one works.

Deathchill, just to let you know:

Step 3 in your tutorial is redundant. You don't need daemon tools. Sinve Vmware emulates disc drives, you can simply edit the virtual machine settings to load an iso as one of the disc drives. Simple and much quicker.

So this whole tutorial pretty much ends in one big error? I mean, it's not like the goal of it was to reach a point where you have 10.4.3 running and sucessfully installed. This is just your progress so far and what you're trying to do, correct?

The step 3 is because I can't boot the 10.4.3 disc properly as it doesn't load in OS X properly without using Daemon Tools for me.

Yeah VMWare causes a great big error but it just means we have to wait for a fix to it and at least we have an install of 10.4.3 ready for when it's cracked. :)

Okay, just finished installing.

Now I'm going to play around and see what I can fool with and what I can't.

I think I'll do a clean OS X 10.4.1 install on an image as well so I can fool around with it and not worry about messing up my main OS X install (booted off a physical partition in VMWare and just installed to the image as stated).

EDIT: BAH! Spoke too soon... It looked like it was almost done... then it hung on the Essentials script and upon reboot, there were only 4 folders in the root of the image. *sigh*

Does not work for me :P

When I try to copy the dmg from the Iso to my virtual Desktop, It says:

"Sorry blabla could not completed, unexpected error (Error code -50)"

This even appers, if I mount the iso not with daemon, but directly with vmware.

Anyone has a hint on this?

finally noticed this thread....

deathchill..

- shouldnt step 4.5 be step 5.5, seems out of order since 10.4.3 isnt installed till step 5

- don't you need a /Volumes/... in the step 5 bless

You can just use startup disk (its under /aplications/utilities/ on the 10.4.3 dmg) to set the drive as bootable.Then shutdown the virtual pc and edit the virtual pc by taking out (dont delete it just remove it so you can add it back again to use 10.4.1 later) the 10.4.1 hard disk and reboot.It will now boot the virtual disk you just installed 10.4.3 on.

Dont bother mounting it vmware, that has been a known problem since 10.4.1 hacking began.

Thanks a lot, that saved me from bugging around :P

I solved it with maxus network patch on my old USB memorystick and now I copy it via network. ... lol