HOW TO: Installing 10.4.3 in VMWare

DeathChill

216 posts in this topic

Well, as much as I hate to do this, it is pretty apparent that this thread has now become dedicated to cracking the TPM and the NX restrictions, and these things are in violation of the DMCA. As such, I'm going to have to ask that the discussion on hacking this be moved elsewhere.

But I think JaS is right - the TPM and the NX are separate issues. Unfortunately, the discussion on how to crack those two things can't be conducted here for legal reasons.

I'll leave the thread open for comments or links, but the discussion is closed.

How come other sites can openly discuss these things?

I remember when my sister and I were younger we would talk in "code"

oh well ..

How come other sites can openly discuss these things?

I remember when my sister and I were younger we would talk in "code"

oh well ..

The DMCA is an usa law only, luckily usa laws still don't apply in the rest of the world ;P

this board is hosted on an usa server hence the problem

• 2 weeks later...

So is it safe to continue here so long as we don't talk about the nasty TPM word?

I get hung up on these commands:

mv:rename B* b* c* to 10.4.1/B*: No Such File or Directory

It also happens to b* and c*. I Don't really know what's going on. I have created 10.4.1 dir and I run a ls and it is there.

• 2 months later...

Hello!

I followed the guide on http://www.profit42.com/guides.php?id=1 but I am stuck at the point where I am using the install dvd: the installer shows me the partition with hfs+ on it with a size of 10.8 GB and 10.8 GB free space but marks it with a red exclamation mark and the message, that 5.7 GB of free space are needed and that MacOS could not be installed on this drive.

I do not have any idea how to proceed since the diskutility and the installer show the partition with a free space of 10 GB.

My drive is partitioned like this (the partition with number 4 is the one I want to use):

(parted) print

Disk geometry for /dev/sda: 0kB - 80GB

Disk-Label-Typ: msdos

Number Start End Size Type File system Flags

1 32kB 9870MB 9870MB primär ntfs boot, type=07

4 9870MB 21GB 12GB primär hfs+ boot, type=af

3 21GB 76GB 54GB erweitert lba, type=0f

5 21GB 29GB 7518MB logisch reiserfs type=83

6 29GB 31GB 2155MB logisch linux-swap type=82

7 31GB 74GB 43GB logisch reiserfs type=83

8 74GB 76GB 1645MB logisch fat32 type=0b

2 76GB 80GB 4296MB primär fat32 type=12

Does anyone have a hint on what the problem could be here?

Thanks in advance.

Here's my system in a nutshell:

P4 3GHz (630, 775 pkg, 2mb L2) HT, MMX-SSE-SSE2-SSE3-XD EM64T

MSI 915GM-FR (MS-7033): 915G, ICH6, VIA 6410, C-Media 9880L (Azalia 1.x), Realtek RTL 81105B

Mfg info page

I have the 8f1111 DVD with JaS v4.2 patches applied. I am attempting native install. Regardless of startup settings, I will always end up seeing this:

CPU Features: (spam withheld)
 HTT: 1 core per package; 2 logical CPUs per package
CPU Extended features: XD EM64T
Enabling XMM register save/restore and SSE/SSE2 opcodes
[RTCLOCK] frequency 2990000000 (2992322120)
Panic (cpu 0 caller 0x0019c604): cannot map commpage
Backtrace terminated - invalid frame pointer 0x137b3ee5

I've searched Wiki and forums for mention of "cannot map commpage" but nobody else seems to have this problem. I'm afraid if I attempt a VMWARE install, I will spend all that time just to make a system that will crash when booted natively. This panic occurs very fast after Darwin starts loading.

A little help?

Update: The blue screen or "beachball" seen when using an unpatched dtk is the software hanging waiting on the TPM, which isn't available in a garden-variety PC. I removed the Jas package from the System/Install/Packages directory of the ISO and I can boot past the language selection screen on the JaS 4.2b patched DVD. If I do not do that, I get the commpage error which tells me something isn't doing SSE3 right, which my CPU does have.

I can't proceed with the install because just deleting this package from the directory isn't good enough. The installer says there's a problem - so I guess I need to know how to undo the SSE3 patch.

Actually, what I'd really like is the anti-TPM patch and the PS2 keyboard patch. I seem to have a solid system on the unpatched dtk otherwise. Where can I get the patches individually for these two things? -tia