ATI X1950 XT fully working (QE/CI/Rotation/Mirror/Dual DVI)

pgu

21 posts in this topic

Hi !

I'm proud and very happy to tell you that my new Sapphire X1950XT/256 is fully operationnal.

I reinstalled a fresh system from last JAS 10.4.8/8.8.1 v1p + Defiant patch

Got all my apps back in business, installed RTL1xxx patch, and finally a modified Natit.

All working on my dell2407, with all rez available !

Used files are included. I believe theses files are also ok for X1950XTX

P.

x1950xt_xtx_drivers_FILES.zip

Edited by pgu

Hi !

I'm proud and very happy to tell you that my new Sapphire X1950XT/256 is fully operationnal.

Got all my apps back in business, installed RTL1xxx patch, and finally a modified Natit.

P.

Does sleep work on this card? If so, then it is truly fully working and I will buy. I've owned 3 cards now (nVidia and ATI), where I had everything you have, but not sleep.

Let me know.

Thanks.

Hi !

BTW, you're right, damn ! So far, I didn't get sleep to work.

But I got it to work with my previous one, a Club3D X1600XT, for which I'm sure it was working, but kernel and drivers were not the same (10.4.7/8.4.1 + X1600 drivers for JAS 10.4.7 DVD)

My X1600XT is for sale. Interested ? ;-)

P.

Hey, congrats :whistle:

One quick question : what is this Defiant patch?

There is an issue with the original JAS discs and the Disk Utility, the patch basically replaces JAS version with an earlier version that has solved boot issues some peeps were having

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to let you know that I got sleep to work with my (2) vp2130b 21.3 Viewsonic DVI monitors including QE/CE/OGL/Dual-DVI running on Sapphire X1950XTX 512MB using DVI-A and not DVI-D =) This card is amazing!!! Worked out of the box with jaccool's installer... One thing though is the darn fan noise!! Arghhh but I'm a happy camper =)

Hope this helps!

• 2 months later...

I also used jccool's installed and was able to get my Gigabyte X1950XTX working perfectly fine.

However I am also getting the fan noise issue. From what I have read around on the forums it appears everyone who is using this card is getting this problem. Appears the graphics card is ramping uo the fan speed to keep itself cool. From what I can find it doesnt appear the card is over clocking itsself in anyway and no one has reported that it damages the card

Hope some one finds a way to fix this soon. Other wise I have a 100% working OSx system

Yep, same here with the fan speed. I dont think its tricking the card into thinking its OCing, I think it somehow makes the card think its being used at 100% so the fan runs at max speed. I think the easiest way is to just get the equivilant of atitool for OSX ^_^

But im sure thats no easy task...

Hmmm I think i miht be onto something here

I was checking out the ATIRadeonX1000.kext on a real Mac (I own a Mac Book Pro as well) and noticed that OSx86, Natit and DiabolK's are all missing the following from the info.plist file

<key>sensor-properties</key>

<array>

<dict>

<key>device_type</key>

<data>

Z3B1LXNlbnNvcg==

</data>

<key>location</key>

<string>GPU</string>

<key>name</key>

<string>gpu-sensor</string>

<key>polling-period</key>

<data>

AAAAAQAAAAA=

</data>

<key>reg</key>

<data>

AAAAAg==

</data>

<key>sample-period</key>

<data>

AAAAAACYmAA=

</data>

<key>sensor-id</key>

<data>

AAAABg==

</data>

<key>version</key>

<data>

AAAAAg==

</data>

<key>zone</key>

<data>

AAAAAg==

</data>

</dict>

</array>

</dict>

</dict>

The above appears to be referencing the thermal senor and polling period for checking the temperature. It might be that the card once in 3d mode might need to be polled for a temp check and from there the card decides if it should go up or down in fan speed. Without this check I am thinknig the card defaults to higher speed automatically in order to protect the card from over heating.

I am going to modify the Kext file and reference this in and see what happens (im not expecting it to fix the issue but its worth a try)

Also another thing I have noticed while snooping around the x1950xt driver i have (downloaded from somethere on this site) is that it only refernces a x1950xtx in the ATIRadeonX1000.kext under the info.plist

However there are other kexts and I have noticed that in two of the info.plists file the Hardware key used was for the x1950xt cards.

Again I am thinknig that this will need to be changed to reference a x1950xtx.

Well I hope someone who knows where there ding better than me see's this and might use what ive just said... but anyways I will try to modify the kexts and see what happens

Have anyone tried another way of cooling it ?

In order to suppress the noise...

Hi !

P.

hello, any particular way of installing those files? i just dropped them off in my extensions folder, i did of course save the last ones too. but still nothing. i got the same card. saphire ati x1950xt 256mb PCIe. device ID 7442. nothing :)

i tried Jccool's method, and nothing. i know the card is recognized because when i boot off the gma900 i can see it in system profiler as ati x1950xt serries card etc. and the fan turns on FULL speed, dang that thing is loud!! when i try to boot up with the card (im using dvi-vga) all i get is a blue screen. weird. suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Did you change DVI port ? Do you use a DVI-VGA adapter ?

Did you repair permissions ?

Did you disabled the GMA900 chipset if possible in your bios ?

Finally, did you try JCcool files ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Can I use these? Even though I'm currently using ATYInject?

Maybe those that got it working with these can post more info =)

Edit: Just tried it and didn't really work =(

I deleted my ATYInject kext

Copied these in, repaired permissions, then rebooted.

My menubar is entirely transparent. The apple in the menubar is invisible, and it doesn't "feel" or look hardware accelerated during animations. I still can't watch videos, it's like it wants to play, but it's just a black static-y image.

Ugh, dunno what else to try