OS X x86 10.4.3 DVD

domino

89 posts in this topic

Does anyone know what this is all about?

Uploaded: 2005-10-31 15:19:22 GMT

Size: 2.95 GiB (3169206717 Bytes)

This is the OS X 10.4.3 x86 DVD, it is version 8F1099 and includes the PPC version of OS X 10.4.3.

[removed]

File name: 10.4.3_8f1099_for_dtk_userdvd.dmg

Yea, I got the update, but i'm seeding it for the ones that dont have it yet. I'm not installing it since I don't find it usefull for some apps that still don't work. I'm happy with 10.4.1 right now.

I just hope this version is true. I should have it in either 3 days or 45 days LOL. anyay, i'll seed this one till I get a 1:1 then try mucking with it for information.

Yea, I got the update, but i'm seeding it for the ones that dont have it yet. I'm not installing it since I don't find it usefull for some apps that still don't work. I'm happy with 10.4.1 right now.

I just hope this version is true. I should have it in either 3 days or 45 days LOL. anyay, i'll seed this one till I get a 1:1 then try mucking with it for information.

its working very good for me.. no problems at all.. but a lot of people experience problems.. especially with flash.. I dont know.. I am trying to figure it out with flash settings manager.. see how it goes from there..

10.4.3 dvd is not installable at this time...

Neither this or any previous and future version will be installable on a normal PC without some kind of hacking. Thus this site is created :D. What you need to do is dissect the file and look for ways to improve 10.4.1 or hack it to get it running universally. This is why this file was let loose.

To anyone that has complete the get on this file, can you confirm it's content? Please don't post attachments on this board. Just post partials on a free hosting site. I should have it in 6hrs.

For the person(s) responsible to first seed this file, thank you in advance. If it's fake, I take it back. 36_1_30.gif

I'm pretty sure its not a fake. I haven't tried it out yet but nobody else has called it a fake.

I'm going to take a stab at cracking into some of the stuff tonight. I know I won't be able to make it install - I have very little knowledge of the mach kernel and such - but there may be useful kexts and such buried in the DVD.

I'm going to take a stab at cracking into some of the stuff tonight. I know I won't be able to make it install - I have very little knowledge of the mach kernel and such - but there may be useful kexts and such buried in the DVD.

only new kexts without new kernel have coused kernel panic

To anyone that has complete the get on this file, can you confirm it's content? Please don't post attachments on this board. Just post partials on a free hosting site. I should have it in 6hrs.

For the person(s) responsible to first seed this file, thank you in advance. If it's fake, I take it back. 36_1_30.gif

It appears to me as genuine, of course I did not try to boot yet, I'm converting to ISO then burn it.

EDIT:

Booted in PearPC, here is a pic:

Pearpc_10.4.3.PNG

I've been comparing the kexts and checking to see if there are any new ones on this 10.4.3 DVD.

I've attached the comparison file - some kexts have been removed and a few new ones added.

I've yet to check whether any kexts have been changed/updated yet - will do so when I get a chance.

Edit - it appears as if most/all of the kexts have changed in filesize. I guess this is due to them being recompiled for 10.4.3? Or maybe some of them have actually been updated also. Might try a few on my 10.4.1 install.

Edit 2 - Ignore the first diff file I attached, I compared the directories the wrong way round. I've deleted it and attached a new one.

Edit 3 - updated with kexts from Essentials.pkg

Discussion here

I've been comparing the kexts and checking to see if there are any new ones on this 10.4.3 DVD.

I've attached the comparison file - some kexts have been removed and a few new ones added.

I've yet to check whether any kexts have been changed/updated yet - will do so when I get a chance.

Edit - it appears as if most/all of the kexts have changed in filesize. I guess this is due to them being recompiled for 10.4.3? Or maybe some of them have actually been updated also. Might try a few on my 10.4.1 install.

Edit 2 - Ignore the first diff file I attached, I compared the directories the wrong way round. I've deleted it and attached a new one.

is this comparison with 10.4.1 with 10.4.3 update or clean 10.4.1 ?

thx

Today came Apple's official PPC upgrade to 10.4.3

I've automaticaly upgradet my PPC from 10.4.2 to 10.4.3 - update was about 54 MB.

only few kexts are new:

AplleMNI 8.3.0

ApplePlatformFamily 8.3.0

BSDKernel 8.3.0

BSDKernel6.0 7.9.9

IOGraphicsFamily 1.4.1

IOKit 8.3.0

IOKit6.0 7.9.9

IONDRVSupport 1.4.1

IONVRAMFamily 8.3.0

IOPCIFamily 1.7

IOSysyemMamagment 8.3.0

LibKern 8.3.0

LibKern6.0 7.9.9

Mach 8.3.0

Mach6.0 7.9.9

System 8.3.0

System6.0 7.9.9

Unsupported 8.3.0

thats cool...what did you use to do the diffs and produce the report?