Selling my Tablet PC Hackintosh

7 posts in this topic

Hi there everyone! First of all I am not sure if I am posting this on the right page, but if I am not I apologize.

As you know I have been trying to emulate Mac OS X in both my PC and Laptop for quite some time and I have been very happy with my success so far. But due to the need of getting some money to pay for my summer classes and other expenses I have incurred in moving to Tampa, FL, I am now trying to sell the tablet pc I used to create my first Mac OS X Tiger Install guide which is located here.

You probably recognize that one, don't you? Yeah, it is the same one on the tutorial, and as you probably know it is about 3-4 months old and very well taken care off, with many upgrade retailing at 1,335.60. It is currenty running jas 10.4.8 and I have installed on it iLife '06, and iWork 06, and many useful software too. If any of you are interested on it please let me know and we can try to work a deal on it. I am currently selling it on ebay for 899 (did not mentioned anything about hackintosh there) and if you are interested here is the link and you also know my email from here, so let me know what you think. Thanks for taking a look and well let's see who the lucky buyer will be :censored2:

Edited by GmanBen

Unfortunatelly there are things that I have not got to work yet since I started my project. Tablet PC functionality is one of those that does not work yet. Also the integrated intel wireless doesn't work but I still have wireless using and external usb device. And the last thing OSX still doesn't recognize is the integrated card reader. But everything else works flawlessly, I even found out by mistake yesterday that the integrated microphone works too, lol.

The auction in ebay has ended this morning but nope, I did not sell the laptop. I got caught in the Nigerian Scammer tale, and I am waiting a couple of days until ebay refund my listing insertion and final fees so that I can re-list it and make it available to real buyers and not these stupid scammers. Thanks God that when I heard the word Nigeria it sounded lots of bells and I did not continue, otherwise I would have lost my laptop, so beware first time sellers in ebay with these scammers.

Ohh sweet, the issue with ebay's scammer was solved quicker than I thought, so probably next time I have an hour free I will re-list my tablet pc and hopefully this time I will be able to sell it. But I just have a question. I would like to mention that it currently has OSX running on it and I am not sure if I should mention that on ebay listing page. Will that be illegal to do? What do you guys recommend me? Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

you stated that it runs osx86... you could into alot of trouble so i would suggest taking that out of the listing

Sorry I did not reply any earlier, your opinion is highly appreciated. When I re-listed my laptop I was not sure if I should said that or not but I did and I am glad I did not get into problems.

Here is an update on the sale: I just ended the listing but that does not mean I did no sell it. In fact I did, a local friend did like my laptop a lot specially when he saw OSX running on it so smoothly. He asked me to take it out of ebay and sell it directly to him so that I can get the full 899 (without the ebay and paypal fees) I was asking for and he could save on the shipping and taxes too. So I am very happy now and have some money too, lol.

I am not going to be using Hackintosh as much as before, but I will keep helping out if any one needs help here. I am also planning on buying a new MacBook Dual Core 2 - 2.0Ghz - 1GB Ram - 80GB HD- Superdrive, but not right now. I'll wait until Apple does release Leopard and probably a new updated macbook model on this spring/summer, along with iLife 07. If anyones knows more about the release date or any news please let me know, thanks in advanced.