SONY VAIO AND OSX? Audio| Wireless|Geforce|Others

332 posts in this topic

1- I think you cant solve it =/

2- Try the taruga's patcher (let see his topic)

3- Try JaS 10.4.8 Update, no you cant upgrade trough Apple, you may have a instability system

4- Powermanager works very well, yes we have a warning

Ok here is the new Status:

1- I still have high tempreture, but I found that it's the same in Windows! the laptop is not very hot and the fan is working every now and then. I kinda feel it's natural (60C to 70C). BTW I am using "Temprature Monitor" for monitoring the CPU and its working like a charm. the other one that mentioned above is not working.

2- I kinda solved the sound issue, now I have sound comming out of my laptop speakers but no headphone and no microphone. I had a ACL262 and found a tutorial in this forum to make it working. I belive if I upgrade from 10.4.7 to 10.4.8 and update my kernel to 8.8.1 the Tagura patch will solve the headphone and mirophone issue. I haven't tried it yet but I am very optimistic.

3- I'm reading the forum thread about upgrading to find a save way to upgrade. is there any software that I can make a bootable image of my mac partition?

4- for PowerManagement I find a patch in the Tutorial forum of this website and it solved all my problems and returned back my lovly battrey icon to the menu bar.

and now new issues:

5- it seems that sooner or later we will be able to install our intel wireless cards (mine is 3945abg) its thread in this forum is quite active and sounds they found a (semi!) working solution.

6- Touchpad: my touchpad is not working perfectly. the tapping and scrolling features are disabled in mac, is there any solution?

7- Home and End buttons: I love my home and end buttons but they are not working in mac. is there any solution to return them to life?!

I have a sony vaio fs415m and I had no major problem installing osx 10.4.4, devices and drivers.

I installed the Macvidia drivers for my geforce 6400 go graphics (works fine)

I installed Azalia audio drivers for my "realtek supported audio" eventhough the System Profiler doesn't recognize any audio, but it works(weird).

I installed ethernet card drivers for Intel pro 100 VE with the instruction provided by this board (using AppleIntel8255x.kext)

The printer I own (Lexmark z45) installed without any additional drivers (I just plugged it in and it worked :) )

Still though I have some minor problems like:

Imovie doesn't work (no response)

I have no idea what to press to get the (at) "@" symbol. (I'm using character Pallete at this time)

I haven't tested the wireless lan yet.

So Sony Vaio Fs series and Osx definetely works and it works fine!

re, pinc666

6- Touchpad: my touchpad is not working perfectly. the tapping and scrolling features are disabled in mac, is there any solution?

7- Home and End buttons: I love my home and end buttons but they are not working in mac. is there any solution to return them to life?!

hi again dudes,

6- Thanks a lot Nonpollolike for showing me that driver for touchpad. it is still semi-functional for. I need to close the laptop lid and reopen it to make it work. but there were some other improvements.

7- if you want to have a windows like Home and End buttons you can try "double command"

Hi I am new user that just got a sony vaio sz220. i have searched for a couple of days and found scattered information on making osx86 work on the sz series. i'm not that good with macs so i need some help!

I put together a list of all the steps that need to be done, please let me know if anything is incorrect as I am going to try and install everything this weekend!

get osx 10.4.7

install

get JaS 10.4.8 Update

install with Intel Support, 10.4.4 login window, and GMA950 <- not sure if this is right (not sure how this works, please help)

get Power management from http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=14912

install (will this increase the battery life, i heard the vaio sz will only last 1 hour with osx86 running, is this true!???)

video: nVidia GeForce Go 7400, macvidia drivers version 1.0.8 manual install, reboot and that's it. (i can manage this one!)

video: Intel GMA950 Video works. CI & QE are supported with JAS GMA950 patch (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=37213 <-- i think this site describes how to do the patch). In the Sony Vaio BIOS, set the laptop display area to extend the screen to get 1280x800 resolution in OS X. Otherwise your maximum resolution will be 1024x768. (should be taken care of if i did the update correct i guess)

ethernet: follow instructions on http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=28680

USB: Works natively

touchpad: add some touchpad support using this link (scrolling) http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...amp;#entry54090

wireless: buy usb wireless adpater

Any steps I left out? How long will this all take? Anything I need to do before installing 10.4.7? Can all the patching can be done after the os is installed?

Edited by demon411

Hi .... I'm a really huppy Sony Vaio FS-415M MacOSx 10.4.8 full working owner !!!!!

Normal booting , sound (only on speakers) NVidia on 1280x800 only issue is no Airport (still.... but i will , i think )

Thank you all for your support , drivers coders and all the community (Jas really Rocks) ...

Dimitris

for those with a geforce go 7400 card. I'm a little confused. I understand that the geforce go 7400 drivers isn't working properly so are you guys using drivers for the gma950 card? Is the gma950 integrated graphics? If so do I have it and would it work for me as well? I have a Asus w7j: core duo t2400, nvidia geforce go 7400, and a Mobile Intel® 945 PM Express Chipset. Do I also have onboard graphics? Thanks

okay, after reading around it appears that the w7j does not have speedstep and that it is only on the sony vaios. Does that mean I won't have qe/ci? Also does anybody know the current status for the geforce go 7400? Does it seem to be a lost cause or is it right perhaps just right around the corner? Hopefully it's the latter. Thanks.

I just came across this guide for the xps m1210: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=41775

The user is using a geforce go 7400 and apparantly it is working qe/ci. Would this method work with my 7400?

Thanks

Edited by iixshowtime

hello

the

nvidia 7400 seems doesnt work ... can use it macvidia drive and others but ( no 3d aceleration, no memory share, no turbo, no dual monitor, no interlace....) at this moment the nv 7400 if its just to use on MACOSX project its the worst graphic card to work... but ... i think better times will come and the NV7400 will work but for now ..... no

hey iixshowtime, wow that guide is great, i'm going to use it as a template to create a sz guide. i am not sure how he got QE/CI working for the 7400, it appears no one else trying could get it to work, however a couple of people did report getting it working on the wiki: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...0.4.8/Portables ... maybe it's only working on certain models?

• 2 weeks later...

I have Vaio FE11M....

Finally my sounds works! Thanks to Tortuga and all of u!

:)

Waiting news for the 7400 Go!

When i was running kernel 8.4.1 the macvidia driver 1.0.8 works great, but now with kernel 8.8.1 it's not working anymore!

Bye.......

i'm arrived at a solution for video problems, i think that all versions come before 10.4.8 works with geforce/vaio cards and natit, i think that the problem of 10.4.8 is the kernel that don't permit to read the right position of internal display, now i test the 10.4.7 with my lappy that don't work properly with 10.4.8 then i tell you the results of my test

I have Vaio FE11M....

Finally my sounds works! Thanks to Tortuga and all of u!

:D

Waiting news for the 7400 Go!

When i was running kernel 8.4.1 the macvidia driver 1.0.8 works great, but now with kernel 8.8.1 it's not working anymore!

Bye.......

now i have my Go7400 working fine, w/o QE and CI.

these are what i did.

rm Ge*

rm NVDA*

rm INidiaG*

in /System/Library/Extensions/

installed MacVidia1.0.8pkg

rebooted but some problems occured. My lappy seemed like to assume that he had 2 monitors.

4. Installed Titan and repaired Permissions

5. Rebooted OK without both QE and CI.

Give it a try.

now i have my Go7400 working fine, w/o QE and CI.

these are what i did.

rm Ge*

rm NVDA*

rm INidiaG*

in /System/Library/Extensions/

installed MacVidia1.0.8pkg

rebooted but some problems occured. My lappy seemed like to assume that he had 2 monitors.

4. Installed Titan and repaired Permissions

5. Rebooted OK without both QE and CI.

Give it a try.

this trick work for sz1xp series?

Hello there,

I have a Vaio FE21S and the latest v1p patched JaS 10.4.8 SSE2 SSE3 DVD. Anyone with a FE series Vaio in here who can tell me which options to choose in the installer? Does Titan/Natit work with the GeForce 7600 Go?

Greetings,

Maui

OMG I'm pulling my hair our here! I have a sony sz340P. I used a full install of jas 10.4.8 selected the following:

-intel kext

-login window fix

-GMA950

I'm a little confused on GMA950 versus the nvidia 7400go card. That aside, I understand that I need to use GMA 950 so that I can get the higher resolutuions (I have already set "stretch" in the bios). Right now I did the mod to get the on-board network card up and running. But the system insists on using the nvidia card not GMA 950. How did you guys get the higher resolutions running?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.