Review of ttorrent.net?

9 posts in this topic

well, the less people i guess the less load, and faster speeds.

@Technobob, Why would a private tracker even think about blocking this?

First of all, they wouldn't know, second of all, this can only help, by seeding with a 100 mbps line.

Anyway I know oink allows this since their system is based off of passkeys not IP, so im fine with that.

• 1 month later...
well, the less people i guess the less load, and faster speeds.

@Technobob, Why would a private tracker even think about blocking this?

First of all, they wouldn't know, second of all, this can only help, by seeding with a 100 mbps line.

Anyway I know oink allows this since their system is based off of passkeys not IP, so im fine with that.

Just to backup what I said, I was reading an FAQ today and noticed this. The reason I said that was because you do not have control over who sees what you are doing

Can I use a third party service to download and upload data ?

No. We do not allow the use of third party services to seed or download your torrents for you. Accounts found to be using such services will be banned. If you cannot download or seed your own torrents you should ask one of the staff to disable your account.

well anyway the shut down after like a month ago since their isp cut them off. Ive been using a vps solution and am getting more space, better speeds for the same price plus root access.

What tracker was that on? I dont know why a tracker would ban a service that could only help them.

I can't say what tracker it's from but I went looking and found BitMeTV also has this in their FAQ

Like I said you have no control over who is watching, the service also could be a setup by the MPAA, RIAA or one of their cronies. Think about it this way who would most likely buy the service? heavy torrent users and the MPAA and RIAA would love to know who you are. The thing is most people will pay by credit card so they would have your real name and where you live so no need to get a warrant they will just come a knocking. :unsure: