Search on this forum

BiTRiP

6 posts in this topic

No offence because I really like this community and forum but the search function here is really a joke.

Haven't seen such a bad search-engine. I get almost everytime it can't find the item or very weird (or same)results.

For Instance keyword is:

b0 -> results that it can't find results (while i'm sure there are lots of post with it ?!?!?)

b0 error -> gives some results but it looks the same results as many other totally different keywords I type

10.4.9 -> results in can't find anything while there even topics about it!!! and more

And so many more searches...I never get clear results IF I get any result. It's really really bad.

Tried with quotes, with AND etc but its still {censored}. I'm sure this can be MUCH better which makes this forum perfect.

I think i'm not the only one that really annoys the search engine here.

Hope to see it better soon.

BiTRiP

Edited by BiTRiP

Hey BiTRiP, thanks for your comments.

To be honest, we're really frustrated with the search here too. We use Invision Power Board to run the site, and for some reason IPB just refuses to implement a decent search feature. We're working on some things ourselves (outside of the actual IPB software), but I'd suggest using the Google search on the front page until we figure something out.

Thanks for letting us know your frustration - we're right there with you. :turbin:

Hey Swad,

Thanks for your positive reply. Good to hear you guys are working on it.

I have the fully trust in you that there will come a good solution.

Sorry if my first post was a little bit too negative but I had just a moment of frustration :)

I will just keep my patient and see what future brings. Keep up the good work guyz. :rolleyes:

Thanks,

BiTRiP

Edited by BiTRiP

I seriously can't even find a topic that I know the name of! I remember there was a topic called, "I got a free Rapidshare Premium account!, ran this program for seven days." I didn't care at the time, but now I do. It is nowhere to be found.