I write a Vista driver for Intel Mac IR device

xxxin

117 posts in this topic

great driver! works perfectly on windows vista ultimate - i just had to change the hardware ID in my INF file from USB\VID_05AC&PID_8240&REV_0110 to USB\VID_05AC&PID_8240&REV_0109.

I run MacIR.exe on startup now and everything works perfectly. I have noticed if i press too many buttons without MacIR.exe running or if i terminate and re-launch it too much (and other fooling around like that), the driver will report problems and I have to reinstall it. Looking forward to testing the modded version (with volume up/down, media center launch) tonight.

this is great thanks so much :P it would be really great if we could seek through the song with it also but i really love it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hi,

the play_pause button doesn't work very well.. in media center it changes between the last two channels and tries to pause/play when i click the pause button. could you switch this behavior? (short - play pause / long return)

Actually this is all the holding buttons which have a problem.

I explain:

when you press and hold a button the application do:

- first : the short press virtual key

- and then each 0,4s the holding button virtual key

In your case when you press and hold the play/pause button, the application do:

-RETURN then 400ms later

-PLAY then 400ms later

-PAUSE then 400ms later

-PLAY then 400ms later

-PAUSE then 400 ms later

until you release the button

so I'm not sure the switch of the 2 functions solve your problem

• 1 month later...

Awww... so sad to see that the development has stopped. :) I have been searching for a week (literary) for a driver/software for Apple Remote in Vista.

BootCamp 1.3 supports the remote in Vista, but VERY limited. When I was reading this thread, I was so looking forward to release of 1.0.0.5 with program enhancements.

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

Same here - have been looking for ages for a decent Apple Remote Vista driver and came across this, which was extremely promising ! However for some reason the MACIR driver does not work on my 2Ghz MacMini model (latest version) :( ...

I had initially installed the bootcamp/Apple IR drivers, but the usability of the remote was pretty much useless...so I uninstalled the drivers (Deleting them from the system) and then updating with the MACIR driver which also installed fine, but windows complains that it cannot start them up (code 10)

From the "!" Human Interface Devices I can see that the Device Hardware ID of USB\VID_05AC&PID_8240&REV_0110 seems to be correct also the location it's running is Port_#0002.Hub_#0004.

Anyone, any clue what could be wrong ? it's the 1.0.0.4 version I'm trying to install..and it's under Vista Ultimate edition.

Any help would be extremely appreciated !!!

Also it somebody could repost the modded version ? Seems the links in this thread are broken...

Many Thanks & Best Regards

Alex

post-134599-1189839954_thumb.jpg

• 8 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey there!

Very interesting Project and best wishes to those of you who got it installed. I didn't :-(

First: I use Vista Ultimate on iMac 20" (white). And I could install the old Apple drivers without problems. IR worked, but not the way I want it to... in Media Center only the Volumebuttons work.

When I try to install (old driver is deinstalled, exclamationmark in the Devicemanager) the driver I always get the message, that the most actual driver is already installed, when I try to install the MacIR-Driver :-(

By the way... this "more actual" driver that seems to be installed doesn't work and gives me an error after "installing" itself on IR-device detection automatically...

Any ideas? Any questions?

EDIT: My problem is exactly like Muffinchen's... but TTrek's solution didn't work for me, because I get no "Mac IR Device" in the listing... only "USB HID...."