10.4.9 - 8P2120 (Intel) & 8P120 (PPC) Leaked

Numberzz

87 posts in this topic

I have a question: is it totally safe to downgrade to 10.4.8 through Pacifist?

That's exactly what I just did. Delete install check (which is what pacifist does), and just click install and as it asks you to replace towards the end, check the box to stop asking you the same question and click replace

That is heresy! The mighty Excel Gods tell us that 10.4.10 comes between 10.4.1 and 10.4.2! Sure, to the rest of the world, 10.4.10 is 10.4.1 and some stupid code monkey forgot how to properly deal with decimals.

So, until they start teaching little kids that 4.9 + 0.1 = 4.10 instead of 5, you are out of luck.

:lol::gathering::lol:

i assume you're kidding, but in case not...

how can 10.4.9 possibly be a decimal? whoever heard of a number with TWO decimal points present?

the numbers separated by the points are, imho, separate. the first is the major release, the second is the sub-release, the third is the sub-sub-release etc, so 10.4.10 is perfectly acceptable and correct.

(HOWEVER, according tho this wikipedia article, it seems Apple themselves might have decided on their own scheme:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Version#Apple)

But who knows? Out of interest, in my job, I am primarily responsible for a release control system, which creates all our version numbers. I proposed (and we subsequently adopted) a four-part version number, consisting of ....

We are currently on version 2.8.2.10, funnily enough. Before Service Pack 2 (2.8.2.0) we were at 2.8.1.26. But I digress. The point is, we have a versioning system which gives us *meaningful* version numbers. Just because its more aesthetically pleasing, doesnt mean we move to a new Service Pack just because we're on the 10th patch since the last one. It just doesnt work that way. We move to an SP when it makes sense for the business to do so.

after the total crash of my system after 10.4.9, I returned (reinstalled) 10.4.8 (last JAS PPF1 DVD).

What should I do to have 10.4.9?

Great question..!!! I'd like to know it too...   :whistle: (and a lot of switchers)

Edited by rigopat

1. backup AppleSMBIOS, IONetworking, IOATAFalmily, System.kext, Loginwindow.app, mach_kernel from your 10.4.8 install

2. install 10.4.9 8p2120 update

3. before reboot replace the new extensions with the backupped ones (same with mach_kernel)

4. in terminal: diskutil repairPermissions /

5. in terminal: sudo rm -Rf /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

6. reboot & pray

Edited by alc0h0lic

1. backup AppleSMBIOS, IONetworking, IOATAFalmily, System.kext, Loginwindow.app, mach_kernel from your 10.4.8 install

2. install 10.4.9 8p2120 update

3. before reboot replace the new extensions with the backupped ones (same with mach_kernel)

4. in terminal: diskutil repairPermissions /

5. in terminal: sudo rm -Rf /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

6. reboot & pray

Thanks for the guide, and about this new "kernel" floating arround for 10.4.9?

Thanks for the guide, and about this new "kernel" floating arround for 10.4.9?

You can get the 10.4.9 kernel patch from !1049 command @ #kernel channel. Follow instructions in README.

Then you need a decryptor, like r3d3 but you are on your own with this, cuz it's illegal.

OK, Apple knows I am seeding it. My ADC(not select) account is mr.mac. I just tried to log on and the thing says "This account was disabled for security reasons" Oh well.

Well (as expected) your account went down the drain.... but with style :P

Thanks for your services mr.mac

PS. you really didn't make it difficult for them by using 'mr.mac' as apple_id ... whehee

Edited by alc0h0lic

OK, Apple knows I am seeding it. My ADC(not select) account is mr.mac. I just tried to log on and the thing says "This account was disabled for security reasons" Oh well.

what a mind boggling slip! as long as your two accounts do not share contact and email information, it's no big deal.

i was securely disabled apparently for chatting in irc and posting in win2osx and these forums. my new account works

just fine. i don't remember if i was dumb as a stump for using my common nick, or in yo face, sticking it to the man. :unsure:

good luck!

what a mind boggling slip! as long as your two accounts do not share contact and email information, it's no big deal.

i was securely disabled apparently for chatting in irc and posting in win2osx and these forums. my new account works

just fine. i don't remember if i was dumb as a stump for using my common nick, or in yo face, sticking it to the man. :)

good luck!

They don't. I used the old email I never use fr my ADC account.