10.4.9 - 8P2120 (Intel) & 8P120 (PPC) Leaked

Numberzz

87 posts in this topic

So did anyone tried the same installation method as with the 8P2117(intel) update on their hackintosh? Any success with backupping AppleSMBIOS, IONetworking, IOATAFalmily, System.kext, Loginwindow.app, mach_kernel and then installing this baby ?

I had problems.

Now it is complaining even about the kernel and ACPI.

when will the real 10.4.9 come out, because it has to come out before leo

this is not true - *why* does it have to be out before leo? 10.3 was updated after 10.4 was out.

also, people are saying this is the last release of 10.4 - uhh.. is a 10.4.10 impossible? i think not.

That is heresy! The mighty Excel Gods tell us that 10.4.10 comes between 10.4.1 and 10.4.2! Sure, to the rest of the world, 10.4.10 is 10.4.1 and some stupid code monkey forgot how to properly deal with decimals.

So, until they start teaching little kids that 4.9 + 0.1 = 4.10 instead of 5, you are out of luck.

:) :) :lol:

Edited by Adrian Fogge

Does Mail keep crashing for anyone else. As soon as I click the Mail icon, i get the "This Application has Quit Unexpectedly" error.

picture1ja3.png

No, i don't have that problem. This is just a pic to show people how many people have asked me.

sorry

next time, i'll just pm

Sorry...

BTW, no pic right now, having trouble uploading it.

Picture_1.png

Edited by mr.mac

Okay I installed this update, now my Apple Remote won't launch Front Row. The remote works to control the volume in VLC but it WILL NOT load or control Front Row even if I launch it with the keyboard. Any suggestions or a way to downgrade to the last version? Help Please! By the way, I'm on a C2D MacBook.

I'm having the same problem. Front Row won't launch with my Apple Remote on my MacBook.

As bad as it sounds, I'm glad I'm not alone. If anyone finds a way to fix this/revert to the previous version please post or PM me it. Thanks.

id say get the 10.4.8 update from apple and use pacifist to install.

id say get the 10.4.8 update from apple and use pacifist to install.

Ok, so I actually did use pacifist and installed the AppleIRController.kext and it definitely didn't work.

I'm probably just going to go back to 10.4.8

Quicksilver is crashing randomly now too and it still does that random Application folder creation thing and there is still an issue with the disc image mounting.

Oh well, I'll wait for the final one now.

Edited by Ampidire