DVD Copy Software

C0mputerNick

36 posts in this topic

The problem with FairMount is that sometimes the DVDs have junk cells/IFOs which sometimes cause your burn to be messed up.

MacTheRipper 3.14d has been released and can combat every single protection into a nice VIDEO_TS folder and make the DVD region free which from there can be burned using toast or popcorn, or compressed using dvd2oneX.

MTR also now has a patch system fully implemented to combat upcoming protections and warns you of these "junk" cells.

A donation of $15 to geezerbuttz is well worth beta testing the newest editions.

Yeah I just liked the simplicity of fairmount/toast

Ive tried MTR and if i was a professional movie producer and cared about what audio bitrate is set for what and the other 1000 options it gives you then i would like the program. but for me with a couple clicks (the least about possible) and have a nice copy of my dvds is good enough for me.

i prefer slysoft anydvd and clonedvd for windows, which is still what i use most of the time, but i needed a solution for mac. and this is the closest ive found to a simple solution.

but its good to know there are programs out there that can compete with the encryption they are using on a mac.

• 1 month later...

hi so im not really a computer person other th an the internet and email and stuff but i have a DVD that i want to edit. It's just a personal DVD but when i got it made i guess they encrypted it. So now when i put it into my mac it wouldn't let me edit it or even save it onto my hard drive so i read a little bit on this post and downloaded mactheripper and got it ripped on to my hard drive but i still have the same problem with editing the video or even playing the video. When i open the folder through finder it comes up as .vob ,bup, or ,iup and i think im supposed to convert it to ,mpeg but im not sure.

hi so im not really a computer person other th an the internet and email and stuff but i have a DVD that i want to edit. It's just a personal DVD but when i got it made i guess they encrypted it. So now when i put it into my mac it wouldn't let me edit it or even save it onto my hard drive so i read a little bit on this post and downloaded mactheripper and got it ripped on to my hard drive but i still have the same problem with editing the video or even playing the video. When i open the folder through finder it comes up as .vob ,bup, or ,iup and i think im supposed to convert it to ,mpeg but im not sure.

You need to demux the movie on separate streams with Mactheripper and then you can edit with an authoring program like iDVD or DVD Studio Pro. :thumbsup_anim:

MPEG Streamclip from http://www.squared5.com/svideo/mpeg-streamclip-mac.html . Remember you need the Apple MPEG2 component. Very easy to use visual tool for cropping & transcoding video.

ffmpegx can convert (almost) anything. It can demux & author DVD's. It is not codec dependant. It is usually much faster than Quicktime based transcoders. get it here http://ffmpegx.com/

ok i demuxed it and now its saved as.VOB.m2v but it still wont let me load it do you think thats because some are saved as .BUP or .IFO i just don't understand any of this

ok i demuxed it and now its saved as.VOB.m2v but it still wont let me load it do you think thats because some are saved as .BUP or .IFO i just don't understand any of this