[HowTo] Mac Drivers for Windows Vista

gsbhullar

50 posts in this topic

Hi unethical,

You have a screen name which iis suspicious and I hope your attachment files are free of virus (just joking).

I beg to differ USB Human Interface device does not refer to Mac IR device, rather I say 'Performance Counter' refer to Built In InfraRed device and Apple has not released drivers for same till date.

GS Bhullar.

Edited by gsbhullar

Hi gsbhullar!

As for Performance counters and USB Human interface device (27CA) we all have to wait for next release of Boot Camp.

Thanks for the info!! :poster_oops:

Do you know if there is anyway of keeping Windows defender from blocking all of the Apple apps from starting each time I reboot? I have noticed if I run task manager that all of the apps are running after I allow them to start. The screen brightness control works fine. The keyboard support icon is in the task bar area but there is no functionality.

Thanks Again

Hi Damacman,

I fully understand your problem because i faced it too and it is really irritating because defender does not give an option of allowing these applications to run. I solved it by "Firstly" not scanning my machine with Defender because it starts blocking these applications after it does a Full Scan and "Secondly" I remove Defender from startup at the very first boot after i had installed Vista (Run>msconfig> Startup). I have the opinion that we need not require daily/full scan by defender to detect any virus, rather it will inform us about infection as and when it occurs and I have seen that happen.

The performance counters you asked about last time refer to your Infra red remote control and there are drivers posted at one of forums but they are not official and i do not recommend using them but finally it is your decision.

Lastly, I tried the upgraded version of "MACFUSE" and it is working beautifully as now we can have both Read/Write permission from Mac OSX to NTFS.

GS Bhullar

Hi, first I'd to say, thank you very much for this 'How To,' as it's worked wonders on some of the problems I've had with running Vista. But I do have a couple of problems... one of which is the same as Kevin Q's.

1. iSight appears to work, (the green light lights up when i try to use it) but when I actually try to use it, just a black screen appears. And it doesn't appear to show up in the image devices in the control panel...

2. My trackpad, whilst it works, doesn't have full functionality. For example, I cannot right click by using two fingers. I cannot tap on it to click. And I cannot scroll by using two fingers (although I'm not sure if I was supposed to be able tod that anyway).

I've tried to install the drivers via the device manager to no avail. So I used the Driver Installation Tool provided in the tutorial. But when I try and install it, Vista tells me it can't install it because it's already got appropriate drivers for it... So I have absolutely no idea how to do it. Right now I'm just using a mouse, but it would be really handy if the trackpad worked!

I'd really appreciate if someone found a way to solve this problem! Thanks!

four programs named "AppleCDEject.exe" "AppleTime.exe" "Brightness.exe" "arc.exe" (iii) one "cpl" file named "Startup Disk.cpl" and (iv) one "dll" file named "arcsupport.dll".

Hi,

I´ve only the latest bootcamp drivers for my macbook pro 2,0 core duo. can someone mail me the .exe drivers for it, please ?

thx

Hi,

I followed every step in the guide but I can't seem get get anything running. I have a Macbook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33GHz with 2gb ram and currently running on Windows Vista Ultimate. I can't seem to be able to get the sound, wireless adapter, cdEject, Brightness, iSight or BlueTooth running. I have a Sigma Tel High Definition Audio CODEC (for 64-bit Windows) and the Atheros AR5008X Wireless Network Adapter. For some reason Vista could recognize it, but I can't seem to be able to use it. Also apparently the Macintosh Drivers that were mention in the guide is not the same as the one I have. The ones that I have does not include AppleCDEject.exe and arc.exe. Also when I tried to install Sigma Tel driver from the Macintosh Driver for Windows XP it said this version of Intel Audio Studio does not support the board. Please could someone help. Thanks

Hey Fella, Just copy and save the entitre tutorial on "TextEdit", Go offline, Read the tutorial carefully and do as it says. If you also read the subsequent replies you will find the cd.eject files etc attached here for download. By the way which system do you have X86 or 64bit, Most likely you have x86 so forget the 64bit dreivers. Just do it calmly and you will suceed.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using a few registry tweaks for Vista which I am attaching below both as text and .reg file.

Copy from next line onwards and save it on notepad as .reg file. When logged into windows you may integrate it to your registry and reboot. Your time should be corrected henceforth along with a few other options at right click.

COPY FROM NEXT LINE

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

;Fix Time between Apple and Windows

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation]

"RealTimeIsUniversal"=dword:00000001

;Add 'Command Prompt' to right click

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\Open Command Prompt Here]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\Open Command Prompt Here\command]

@="cmd.exe /k pushd %L"

;Add 'Copy to Folder' to right click

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{C2FBB630-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}]

;Add 'Move to Folder' to right click

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{C2FBB631-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}]

;Add 'Explore From Here' to right click

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\Explore From Here]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\Explore From Here\command]

@="explorer.exe /e,/root,\"%1\""

;Enable simultaneous downloads for IE to 20 (default is set to 2)

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings]

"MaxConnectionsPerServer"=dword:00000014

"MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server"=dword:00000014

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings]

"MaxConnectionsPerServer"=dword:00000014

"MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server"=dword:00000014

;Change color for command prompt font

;This value is set to 'Bright Red' but you may change it to your

;liking by altering the very last alphabet with the alphabet/number of your choice

;Different Color codes to use

; A = bright green

; B = bright cyan

; C = bright red

; D = bright magenta

; E = bright yellow

; F = bright white

; 0 = black

; 1 = blue

; 2 = green

; 3 = cyan

; 4 = red

; 5 = magenta

; 6 = yellow/brown

; 7 = white

; 8 = gray

; 9 = bright blue

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor]

"DefaultColor"=dword:0000000C

RegTweak.dmg

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you gsbhullar. This is the most complete and easily understood tutorial i have ever read. Keep up the good work. Any idea when isight drivers will be released. Thanks

Edited by cheeni

Just started trying to get Vista up on my Macrpro 3Ghz with ATI1900 gfx. Hit 2 stumbling blocks. The first is that the control panel will not open (it has a little think then nothing happens). The second is that as there is no display driver it is very dificult to see what is on screen, the res is v low and is quite distorted. Thought I might be able to fix this by running the ATI Catalyst suite, but it still reports no driver. Any thoughts.

First; Thanks a lot for all your explanations as they help us all...

It will be cool to have somewhere a list of all the drivers folders we got in the "Macintosh Drivers for Windows XP 1.1.2" and what they are good for.

About my own experience with my MacBook Pro 15", Parralels and Macintosh drivers with Vista it is not very satisfaying.

1/ I started all this cause i needed to run my integrated Isight cam into a Vista program.

After failure of the Macintosh Drivers installation we suffers i tried to install again and set the webcam in the same time grabbing the drivers directly from the vista device manager. I succeded to have a "Isight Camera" item in MSN audio video wizard (i use it to test it works) but it says Vista is not able to connect with this webcam.

After using your method i got another device: USB Video Device but the result is the same.... :) Vista can't connect.

2/ I needed Apple Keyboard and as the install wizard run it stop with a strange error "Apple Keyboard not found"... Huh ????

3/ Intel Chipset runs ok

4/ For Bluetooth i install AppleBT it seams to be ok (i'm quite tired of testing things :) )

5/ I surely need the wireless drivers but as i mention i'm tired to test things and i'm not of the proper driver folder to use...

One thing is sure i criticaly needs the Isight to work with Vista and it doesn't... :C

GSB---

Thanks for the great info, I am having one problem that I am hoping you can help with. You replied to another member about the system32 files from an earlier version and gave us the attachment that included all of these files. I have tried to open this up but keep getting a message saying that the decompression failed and that I am unauthorized to download to my desktop.

--Also should this be downloading on the mac side or windows side

---Really I am just getting windows on my mac so that I can run SolidWorks should I ever worry about these .exe files that aren't on boot camp 1.1.2

Thanks for all of your help

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone... I guess the tutorials found here are well very good but unfortunatelly they haven't worked for me... I'm using a black macbook, bootcamp 1.3 beta and vista 64 bit ultimate.

I need drivers for isight webcam, for keyboard... sound brightness cd eject... etc... and there is one more human interface something that says driver is missing...

I've followed all steps explained here but when I use that ....exe /A /v it just doesn't work... by the way my .exe file is named setup.exe and not what u've been talking here something like "windows install drivers.exe" ... I think this is because u used old bootcamp and new bootcamp creates a cd with other files...

So... what can I do?

• 3 weeks later...
Hello everyone... I guess the tutorials found here are well very good but unfortunatelly they haven't worked for me... I'm using a black macbook, bootcamp 1.3 beta and vista 64 bit ultimate.

I need drivers for isight webcam, for keyboard... sound brightness cd eject... etc... and there is one more human interface something that says driver is missing...

I've followed all steps explained here but when I use that ....exe /A /v it just doesn't work... by the way my .exe file is named setup.exe and not what u've been talking here something like "windows install drivers.exe" ... I think this is because u used old bootcamp and new bootcamp creates a cd with other files...

So... what can I do?

this only works for 32bit not 64bit.

• 7 months later...

follow all the steps and my isight and keyboard is not working in my macbook when i install vista home premium.can someone help me out on this?i did go ito the device manager but the isight or webcam logo is with a yellow triangle.did all i can like search software....etc but still can't get it work.

• 7 months later...

Hi Everyone

A (rich) friend of mine got the MacBook Air, 4 months ago and has now installed Windows Vista onto it. I do not know why you would do this but my friend has lost his driver disk. I was wondering if anyone has the driver disk and could upload the contents for my friend as we cannot find the drivers anywhere.

Thanks

Mr Mook Mook & Friend