[HowTo] Mac Drivers for Windows Vista

gsbhullar

50 posts in this topic

Macintosh Drivers for Windows Vista

The intention of writing these instructions is to help the many novice users/beginners like myself who want to enjoy both Macintosh and Windows on their Apple Machines. The biggest irritation was trying to install various drivers provided through Apple's Boot Camp Beta software "Macintosh Drivers for Windows XP.exe" which though runs like dream while installing on Windows XP but turns into nightmare when installing on Windows Vista. During this time I discovered a small, compact windows drivers installing utility, which helps to install the aforementioned drivers on a Windows Vista. I start my instructions beginning from step that Windows have been installed with help of Boot Camp and it is time to install "Macintosh Drivers for Windows XP.exe" from the CD you would have created during initial steps of running Apple's Boot Camp beta. The under-mentioned steps may appear ridiculous to advanced/regular computer user but will certainly help the new computer users like myself having limited knowledge of keyboard shortcuts, installation switches etc.

1. Switch ON your machine and log into the newly installed Windows Vista partition as an “Administrator”.

[it is preferable to disable “User Account Control” before you start this exercise. UAC can be disabled by going to Start > Control Panel Home > User Accounts and Family Safety > User Accounts > Turn User Account Control on or off > Deselect/Uncheck > OK > Reboot. Remember to turn UAC on after end of exercise as will be reminded towards conclusion of this article. The same can also be achieved if you “RUN” system configuration utility “msconfig” > Tools > select “Disable UAC” > Launch > Reboot.

It is also advisable to show hidden files and folders, which can be achieved by Start > Control Panel Home > Appearance and Personalization > Folder options > click on “View” tab > select the button saying “Show hidden files and folders” > also uncheck next two entries (i) Hide extensions for known file types (ii) Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) > confirm “Yes” > Apply > OK and close/exit the control panel window.

To take over privileges as an Administrator my favorite method is: - Start > Computer > Select and Right click your main drive C:\ or whatever > Properties > press the tab named “Security” > Advanced > Owner > Edit (Change owner from trusted installer to your name and select the box saying Replace owner on sub containers and objects > Apply > OK > OK >OK. Again Start > Computer > Select and Right click your main drive> Properties > Security > Advanced > Permissions > Edit > Add > Advanced > Find Now > select your name > OK > OK > check the box “Full Control” under Allow > check box saying “Allow these permissions to objects and/or containers within this container only” > check the box saying “Replace all existing permissions on all descendents with inheritable permissions from this object” > Apply > confirm “Yes” > again “Yes” and/or continue on multiple number of confirmation boxes that will appear > OK > OK > OK. Preferably Reboot and now you have all powers of an Administrator.)

2. Insert the "Install Macintosh Drivers for Windows XP.exe" CD (created during initial steps of running Boot Camp) in your CD/DVD drive. Place a finger on and press the Apple Logo key (one with apple drawn on it), located on the lowermost line of keys of your keyboard and simultaneously press "R" key. This will make Run command window appear.

3. Press the "Browse" button of Run command window and browse to the drive locating your Macintosh Drivers CD and select the program named "Install Macintosh Drivers for Windows XP.exe".

4. This will make the afore-mentioned program name appear in your Run command. Now enter either of these two switch (/A /v or /V /a). So the final wording in your Run command should look like:-

"Install Macintosh Drivers for Windows XP.exe /A /v"

or

"Install Macintosh Drivers for Windows XP.exe /V /a"

The quotation marks get inserted automatically but remember to insert a space between .exe /A and also /A /v.

5. Press the "OK" button on run command window (if you are getting some unspecified error at this step after pressing "OK" the problem can be resolved by copying "Install Macintosh Drivers for Windows XP.exe" program to your hard drive and repeating steps 2-4 and selecting the copied program on your C:\ drive when executing the RUN command).

6. Choose the setup language. (English or any other as per your proficiency)

7. The program will appear to be installing but actually the files are being extracted.

8. At next prompt window press NEXT.

9. Now select the location on your hard drive where you want these driver files to be extracted. (Something like "C:\MacDriversFolder" and remember the location)

10. Press "Install" button and few moments later "Finish" button.

11. Go to location where you extracted your files "C:\MacDriversFolder" and open the folder.

12. You will see two folders named "Program Files" and "System32" and one program named "Macintosh Drivers for Windows XP.msi". Ignore or delete the .MSI program as it is not compatible with Windows Vista.

13. Open the folder named "Program Files" and you will come across subfolder named "Macintosh Drivers for Windows XP". This folder contains more subfolders having all required Driver Files. Right click your mouse on folder named "Macintosh Drivers for Windows XP" > select “CUT” > Go to your actual "Program Files" folder on hard drive (containing folders of various program installed on your computer like Common Files, Internet Explores, Microsoft Games, Adobe, Messenger, etc) and Right click in an empty area and select "PASTE". Thus you have moved the folder named "Macintosh Drivers for Windows XP" from folder where you initially extracted driver files to your actual “Program Files” folder.

14. Open the folder named "System32" located inside "C:\MacDriversFolder" and you come across (i) one folder named "Drivers" (ii) four programs named "AppleCDEject.exe" "AppleTime.exe" "Brightness.exe" "arc.exe" (iii) one "cpl" file named "Startup Disk.cpl" and (iv) one "dll" file named "arcsupport.dll".

(you may have to extract couple of these .exe program from previous beta versions of BootCamp as they were omitted from latest BootCamp version 1.1.2).

With one finger pressing the “CTRL” button on your keyboard, select all the contents of this System32 folder by clicking on them with mouse. Next Right click your mouse and select “CUT”, browse to your actual “System32” folder located inside folder named “Windows” on your main drive (Probably C:\). After you have opened “System32” folder, again Right click your mouse over empty area and select “PASTE” thereby moving all selected files and folders to their intended destination. Press yes for any confirmations asked.

15. Inside this "System32" folder locate the afore-mentioned "exe" files ("AppleCDEject.exe", "AppleTime.exe", "Brightness.exe" and "arc.exe"), Right click your mouse and "create shortcut" for all four exe files one by one. Select all four shortcuts simultaneously by holding down "CTRL" key or one by one, Right click your mouse, select “Cut”, browse to the following address in Windows Vista "C:\ProgramData > Microsoft > Windows > Start Menu > Programs > Startup" and paste the shortcuts. On next reboot you should have working Eject Key/ Brightness/ Right Click (Right Apple Logo key+ Click) and Apple Time. (Apple and Microsoft Times are synchronized differently so the time shown in windows installation is off by few hours but it will resolve when you access internet).

16. Now browse to your drivers folder named "Macintosh Drivers for Windows XP" which you moved to "Program Files" during step 13. Inside you will find all drivers required for hardware of Apple machines. eg:- Sound can be achieved by running setup.exe program inside "Sigmatel folder" or "Realtek folder" and so on and so forth. Practically the useful folders in my case “Mac Book Pro 15” are Apple Keyboard and Sigmatel for installing the program through setup.exe routine. You may experiment and see what works on your machine.

AVOID THE PROGRAM INSIDE “ATI Graphics” FOLDER AS THAT IS THE ONE (I think) WHICH IS CAUSING "Install Macintosh Drivers for Windows XP.exe” TO ROLL BACK WHEN INSTALLING ON WINDOWS VISTA.

17. Most of the driver folders do not have installers (setup.exe/install.msi) so we will install these drivers through "Device Manager". Go to Start > Control Panel Home > Hardware and Sound > Device Manager. You will see “yellow” colored colon mark against few names in the device manager tree. This marking signifies that the particular hardware is not installed properly due to absence of appropriate drivers. In our case we have now stationed/placed these driver files in our folder named "Macintosh Drivers for Windows XP” located in Program Files.

To update/install drivers for these hardware, select one by one these hardware by highlighting their name, Right click your mouse and select “Update Driver Software” option > Browse my computer for driver software > Browse and point to "C:\Program Files > Macintosh Drivers for Windows XP > select all folder one by one > OK. Windows Device Manager will install best drivers for your hardware.

However you will only succeed in installing maybe a couple of drivers in proper manner so this is where I introduce you to a driver installation utility from Microsoft which will finish the entire driver installing job in a breeze. The name of this magical utility is “DPInst.exe”. I wanted to attach this file to this post but I think that will be illegal on my part as that power lays only with the manufacturer/writer as in this case Microsoft. So I will provide you internet link to acquire “DPInst.exe” directly from Microsoft download as in that case you too will be entering into agreement with Microsoft to use “DPInst.exe”. The download size is 6.9 MB and though the file we require is hardly 500 KB, it is not available independently. Cut and Paste this link in your internet browser address bar or just click on it.

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/archive/DIFxtls20.mspx

Once you have finished downloading the relevant file, Run the installer, Browse to directory Program Files > Driver Installation Tools > DPInst > English-US > X86 > “DPInst.exe”.

18. Right click over DPInst.exe and copy it. Browse to the folder Program Files > Macintosh Drivers for Windows XP > and then chronologically starting from AppleBT folder one by one open different folders containing driver files (named xxx.inf, xxx.cat ,xxx.sys) and in each of these folders Right click and Paste the DPInst.exe utility and click on it. You will be presented with dialog box, just keep cofirming Next and as you finish each folder you will see that Magically all your drivers are being installed. Some hardware like Bluetooth may require a reboot.

You can install any hardware using this utility provided you have the required relevant driver (inf, cat, sys) files. It is really handy in case of hardware like modems, printers etc where you may have driver files which were created for Windows XP. Also now you may not require any setup.exe/msi program to install your hardware, which in turn will reduce unnecessary junk files on your computer. Even new computer users can work out the which are the files specific to their Computer hardware and during subsequent Windows install just use the required files only.

[To identify and isolate your hardware drivers, initially run the complete setup.exe/msi program that has come with the hardware on installation CD (if you know how then just extract drivers using some extraction software) and browse to Program Files folder, locate the folder for specific software which was created when you ran the setup program, identify the driver files (named xxx.inf, xxx.cat and xxx.sys) and copy them to a CD/DVD/USB stick for future use. Next time you reformat your hard drive you will not have to run setup program for hardware as DPInst.exe will install your drivers without any extra clutter and save you precious disk space. This will also make your computer to respond faster.]

The drivers for Built-in iSight get installed in Windows Vista and same are seen under imaging devices in Device Manager but there is no video stream as actually these Built-in iSight drivers were written for Windows XP and proper drivers for Windows Vista will be released along with or just before OS X Leopard.

19. Windows provides the best drivers through its software updates so as you update your computer from Widows Update over Internet, Browse to Start > Computer > Windows > Software Distribution > Download folder. As soon as driver files get completely download they will appear in Download folder (having absurdly long names containing both numbers and alphabets like 245aadfdnjy75fxjnxgf64x9). Driver files from these downloads can be extracted using extraction software and saved in a logically named folder of your choice on suitable media (CD/DVD/USB drive). This will subsequently reduce download times when you repeat the update routine with new installation on same/similar machine.

20. As soon as finish driver install please turn on the User Account Control by the Control Panel or System Cofiguration utility routine.

xxxsdxxx

GS Bhullar

Hi there - great post. I've taken the liberty of editing the title a little and moving it to the Tutorials section for all to see. I've left a link in this forum to its new location.

Would you like to enlighten me on where to download earlier betas of Boot Camp? Specifically the ones which actually contain arc.exe/arc.dll. I've probably been looking on and off for about two months for somewhere to actually get these. Making me angry.

Otherwise, great tutorial. Never knew about the Driver Frameworks thing.

I am attaching the required files (to be placed inside System32 and and shortcut in the startup directory) from previous versions of bootcamp.

PS i am not being able to upload the attachment, I will try again after couple of hours.

GSB, words cannot express my gratitute towards you. A coupel weeks ago, i was trying to finda way to install my bluetooth drivers but in doing so not only did i fail, i messed up my disk drivers. I reinstalled, stumbled upon your post, and I'm eternally thankful.

If there would only be more people like you in this world, we'd have world peace by now :).

Good work!

P.S. And I like the way you've made your isntructions so simple that even a toddler can follow it. Again, good work! Bravo!

Edited by forevergone

Hi BojeeBees,

The Drivers Framework Utility (DPInst.exe) will install drivers irrespective of the make of machine, provided you have the relevent driver files. Most of these driver files pertaining to Apple Machines are available through BootCamp Beta 1.1.2 . You have to extract and subsequently install them as described in the instrucions given above.

GS Bhullar.

Just thought I'd post a quick message.

gsbhullar, thanks to your step by step guide, I have managed to get 90% of the things taken for granted in OS X working in Vista Home Premium Retail.

Brightness, Right Click, Bluetooth, Audio and Eject all now function 100%.

There was one item I haven't quite got working, and that was the volume controls. Neither the Up/Down or the Mute buttons work. I also did not install the Intel Chipset Drivers. The reasoning is: If something as vital as Chipset Drivers - designed for another Operating System - decide to stop working, the whole system might stop with it.

Will be trying the new ATi drivers out over the next 48 hours.

You deserve two big thumbs up :thumbsup_anim: for your guide.

Hmm, I'm having trouble with steps 2-4. When you open run and so on. Everytime I enter the command, I says the following:

Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\**MYNAME**\Desktop\Install Macintosh Drivers for Windows XP.exe /A /v'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

MacBook, C2D :rolleyes:

Hi Somerandonguy,

It feels good to know that penning one's experience has helped others in similar predicament. Before answering your queries I should admit that, like 99.99% internet users, I too do not posses any special/intricate knowledge about how computers/software really work. But I certainly will try to answer to best of my capability and provide reasonable answers.

Firstly, The layout of various input keys of Apple machines are different from Windows machines and same need to be remapped before they would work under Windows. Both companies provide certain shortcut keys which they think will be more appreciated by their customers. Apple, (I believe) has "knowingly" not ironed out these issues before releasing beta version of Boot-Camp but the final version (again my belief) will run as smooth as hot knife through fresh butter. I certainly know of one individual (?Beliyal) who if he wishes can provide a solution without much effort. This person already provides a small software going by name of "Input-Remapper" wherein he makes the automatic illumination of keyboard in darkness possible on Windows partition. Maybe if you e-mail this fellow, he will consider the request and remap the volume button control keys.

Secondly, As for your reluctance in installing the chipset software, I can say with certainty that it would not harm your system, rather it is supposed to enhance your machine's audio, digital video, communication hardware capabilities. I base my opinion on the fact that if it could have damaged your system in any way then Apple would not have released the same through Boot-Camp. So whatever software is present in extracted folders, as far as I am concerned is safe for all (intel processor based) Apple machines.

Lastly, I would utilize this opportunity to compare my personal experience with software provided by Microsoft's Windows and Apple's Macintosh. They though very diverse may be best compared by the under-mentioned anecdote, just remember I am not saying that any of these is better or worse than its rival and this is my personal experience.

"A herd of cattle (wild buffaloes) was grazing in open prairie. Two Bulls, the first a mature, time hardened, wise old fellow and the second a strapping, full of energy, young fellow were standing on raised hillock in this grazing field. They were observing the many buffaloes of their herd grazing below. The young fellow suggested to his older buddy 'Hey! mate, lets run down to the herd and quickly grab and make love to a couple of buffaloes each. That would be fun, What do you say. Are you a game." To this the older fellow answers. "I got a better proposition, Lets calmly walk down to the herd and one by one make love to all the buffaloes."

What I wanted to say was (my personal opinion only) that when you run Windows you get the feeling that various 'services' (software) are competing to run at same time which often leads to freezing of all services. But Apple's Mac behaves like the older Bull and in the end gets/gives more pleasure. In brief Windows harasses the user but Macintosh doesn't, and as a normal one finger typing user I enjoy Apple's machine and software more.

GS Bhullar.

(31012007)

Hi Nelson,

First copy the program from CD to your hard drive C:\ and everything will go OK.

GS Bhullar.

Wow! Thanks GS Bhullar! That is by far the most complete post I've found on installing Vista on a Mac.

In a couple hours I've moved from about 20% of the Apple extras working (where I'd been stuck for weeks) to 95% of them working! Thanks for all your efforts in documenting this.

Do you have any thoughts on the last 5% that I'm working on?

- The Startup disk control panel doesn't work (when running it, it prompts me to "Continue" to run a legacy CPL elevated and when I do, it errors out with "An error occurred while trying to access the startup disk settings....")

- Brightness is blocked at startup and can be run in the system tray menu under "Run blocked programs". Vista doesn't seem to think it's a safe program and blocks it from startup but I can't find an option to unblock it.

- My iSight camera appears to work but projects only black when I try to use it in MS Communicator.

- The windows screen saver never kicks in (the Input Remapper utility you mentioned somehow corrects for this so I may go back to that)

- The right-click doesn't seem to work (was getting an error that arcsetup.dll was missing but then I realized that I needed that file from your 1.1.1 set too - now I don't get an error at startup but I can't get a right click to work - I tried holding ctrl, shift, fn, and option while clicking - that's how it's supposed to work, isn't it?)

If you have thoughts on any of these, they would be very much appreciated.

Thanks again! Awesome work.

I'd have a couple handy things I've found to add to it if you'de like (maybe we might start a Wiki?). For example: the bootcamp utility gui wants to install a nd partition for windows but won't help you create a 3rd where you might share data between the 2 environments or put a third OS. I've found a nice way to do this (and can put it in another reply here too).

Kevin Q.

Hi Kevin,

1. Lets not forget that Boot Camp was written for Windows XP Service Pack 2 and all applications performs beautifully on that software platform. The existing drivers of Startup Disk & iSight need to be fine tuned before they will work on Windows Vista and we will have to wait for next version (?Final) of Boot Camp to enjoy these utilities.

2. I can suggest a good program which will resolve your (CHOICE) Boot issue till next release of Boot Camp. This utility goes by the name of "rEFIt" and you can google the name to search and download it. Just remember that when (if) you install it on your machine, you should have selected "MacOSX" as your default start up choice. (Boot into your Apple partition > System Prefrences > Startup Disk : Here you select your Mac OS X Partition as default startup system > install rEFIt > restart/reboot > Enjoy).

3. To ensure that none of start up programs (including Brightness) are disabled/blocked by Windows Defender, I remove Defender from boot start up itself and that resolves my problem. Log as administrator into Windows, Start Button > Run > type:- msconfig > click on tab named:- Startup > deselect/uncheck:- Windows Defender). The fewer programs you have loading at startup, the faster your Windows boot. So if you wish you can disable other programs installed on your machine (eg:- Adobe) which you dont need/want to load automatically at startup.

4. To enable Screen saver, I assume that the normal routine (Start Button > Control Panel > Appearance and Personilisation > Personilisation > Screen Saver) is not working for you. I can suggest an alternative (Start Button > Control Panel > System and Maintenance > Power Options > On left side pane click on:- Create a Power Plan > Type your Plan Name :Kevin's Plan: and click next > Make your changes in this window). Still not working, Dont worry, Try this (Start Button > Control Panel > System and Maintenance > Power Options > click on:- Change Plan settings under your previously created :Kevin's Plan: > click on:- Change advanced power settings > Voila, This window needs no explanation). Here I should take the oppurtunity to mention about Power Buttons and Lid Closure action. Windows Vista by default puts your machine to sleep, but by tweaking values given here you can customise your Windows.

5. Right Click will work with Right Apple Key + Click (Your keboard/pad has two Logo keys "Right and Left" located on either side of space bar).

6. Lasty you have developed a way to share data (?Read, ?Write or both) between two environments. I will first tell what I know and what I understand from your statement.

(a) I know that you can have both Read and Write permissions from Mac OSX provided that Windows is installed on FAT partition but unfortunatly Vista does not install on FAT and we need to format hard drive as NTFS. This NTFS allows only Read but not Write permission. I also know new program under development "MacFuse" which allows you to Read/Write from Mac OSX on NTFS partition. But I have been unable to get it to work despite trying multiple times so I assume it needs more work by its developers before people like me can use it. It has a thread here on same Genuis Tutorials.

(:) I understand you have developed a way to create a Third partition (?with or ?without Boot Camp) and this third partition may be used for (i) Sharing data between Windows and Mac and/or (ii) Used to install third Operating System- say Linux.

Well if I understand correctly, "WOW", I would certainly like to know more about it and will be thankful for any tips. Also if what you say or what I understand is correct then I think you have solved a big puzzle (I think many people are presently working on this issue and will be interested in your work).

As of today my way of sharing data between Mac OSX and Vista is by using a Pen/Thumb Drive formatted as FAT. I am not joking, it's the easiest and most successful way.The same can also be achieved by (preferably) using a re-writable CD/DVD.

Thanks for your kind appreciation of my instructions. Hey, I also noticed our topic in the forum Hot List. That feels nice.

GS Bhullar.

Hey. Love all of the tutorial, except I think I might have done something wrong. Everything works gerat except for the internet. Am I missing a driver? Do I need to get it from a previous version of Boot Camp? Please relpy soon. I am in a dire situation and asking for help....

Start Button > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > On the blue colored pane on left side of Wndow you will be able to see a few options.

If this does not help Start Button > Help and Support > Type in search box 'Network' and/or 'Trobleshoot'

I hope this solves your problem.

GS Bhullar

Great Post gsbhullar !!!

I did all your procedure and finally i installed all my iMac Devices, but

I've some other problem now...

Vista cannot recognize my USB Mass Storage (drivePen and HDD USB DRIVE)

In Device I've 3 Yellow Marks for some missing drivers, i suppose.

1st is a never seen before "Performance Counter" ?!?!

2nd is USB Human Interface (3 of them are ok, the 4th has a yellow mark)

3rd is any usb mass storage that are unrecognizable...usb pendrive, hdd usb drive...etc

USB Human Interface that doesnt work told this "Port_#0002.Hub_#0004"

I suppose that there's some device like airport or isight that make conflict

I tryin to unistall them all, but with no luck :)

I'm sure that u can help me,

Ataru

Edited by Ataru

Great Post gsbhullar!

I found it to be very helpful in getting most everything running under vista home premium on my MacBook. I am still having a few problems with getting the iSight and keyboard mapping to work. Please take a look at my device manager window:

post-81368-1170540645_thumb.jpg

I belive the USB Human Interface device is the iSight. I have tried to install the driver several times with no luck. Do you have any idea what the Performance counters listing is?

Oh! My system is as follows:

Macbook white

2GHz Intel Core Duo

2GB Ram

120GB HD (Upgraded from 60GB)

SuperDrive

Thanks for any thoughts from anyone!

I posted this on another blog, but this seems to be appropriate:

Okay, got a fix for the wireless. Been working on MacBook Pro and iMac 24″. iMac 24″ with Windows Vista Business finds most of the hardware automatically, and appears to have the drivers for both wireless networking as well as Bluetooth. No problem there. However, the MacBook Pro 17″ doesn’t. For the wireless, the above is correct on the AR5008. However, Windows Vista Business will automatically load the driver for AR5008X, which does not work.

So….

Go into Hard Drive–>Windows–>System32–>Drivers–>Delete athr.sys

Go into Control Panel Home–>System and Maintenance–>Device Manager–>Network adapters--> Right click Uninstall Atheros AR5008X Wireless Network Adapter

Under Device Manager Menu–>Action–>Scan for hardware changes

When asked where the device drivers are, as usual, tell Vista you know where it is. Then direct it to where you placed those drives. If you follow the instructions at:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=38998&st=0&gopid=291163&

(awesome forum, kudos!)

will be in Program Files\Macintosh Drivers for Windows XP 1.1.2\net5416 folder. Have it load the device driver from there, and you’ll find your wireless up and running.

As usual, Vista likes to think it knows what it’s doing, but it doesn’t. I will work on solutions for the iMac 17″. I have solutions for MacBook Pro 15″, 17″, iMac 24″ so far. But the above website is the best site I’ve found for a step by step solution.

Hi,

Ataru & Damacman,

The only thing needed o be done is that Ataru, you will have to Reformat your USB Mass Storage drive as FAT before it is recognised by Vista. This can be achived in Mac OSX by using 'Disk Utility' and formatting ypur pen drive as MS-DOS File system or If presently you are surfing using Vista partition, Right Click on your Pen Drive & Format as FAT32.

As for Performance counters and USB Human interface device (27CA) we all have to wait for next release of Boot Camp.

Hi Terasaka,

I think your link redirects us to the first page of same tutorial. But I do realize that many people are not using the latest drivers available so I will upload the latest drivers available. Please remember that you can get the best and most relevant drivers from Windows update so it is better to use that service instead of the driver files being attached here.

GS Bhullar

04-02-2007.

PS, I am not being able to upload the file as my village connects to internet through an ancient telephone line so I will be visiting TOWN in another 4-5 hrs and i shall upload the files that time. Sorry for the delay.

I think thiese are the driver files gsbhullar is trying to upload. I also wanted to upload ATI drivers which unfortunatly are more than the permitted 2MB so you will have to download those from either ATI.com or Windows Update. Enjoy

The USB Human Interface Device (27CA) refers to "Mac Infra Red Device" and somewone has posted experimental drivers in one of forums on this site itself, I think Windows or BootCamp. If you want you can try those.

Atheros.dmg

Infineon.dmg

yk51x86.dmg

Edited by unethical