Help on Hackintosh1

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! I am a noob. And I have absolutely no clue on what to do. I love macs but don't have the money for it. I want OS X on my crappy laptop. It is a Dell Inspiron C600. It is a Intel Pentium 3. 5.43 gb. I know crappy. But am going to upgrade. 551 MHz. And a crappy 128 mb RAM. Can someone please tell me what I need to upgrade? Also I have a 1.1 USB port. And maybe some firewire port. I'm not sure. I might get a new laptop soon. Or upgrade this piece of junk. Is there any hope for my laptop? Thank you :unsure:

Guest bikedude880

Dude... seriously, you are living in the early-90s. At a minimum you SSE2 and 512MB of ram. If you are smart, you'll get an Intel proc that supports SSE3 (i.e. anything Pentium D and newer) and 1GB ram.

Guest bikedude880
Can someone delete my other topic. I clicked new topic instead of reply by accident. Where can I find a cheap laptop that meets the minimum requirements? Around $150-$250. Thanks.

As far as I know... no those are the wrong words. There are NO laptops that run for that little. It is also impossible to upgrade any old laptop. I'd save your lunch money for something else.

Guest bikedude880
I see some on ebay. That are completely fine. I might buy one off of there.

Seriously, eBay is not the wisest choice for buying a computer. You have no idea if what you are getting works or is undamaged. Just save up your money. You won't regret it.