prepressman

40 posts in this topic

Acer Aspire 3100 - Mac OS X v10 4 8 - JaS AMD Intel -Samythes - Kernel 8.8.1

-AMD Sempron Mobile 3400+ (Keene) 1.75 Ghz

-512 RAM - Working Native

-60GB HD - Working Native

-DVD+/-R - Working Native

-USB - Working Native

-ATI Radeon XPRESS 1100M - Working 1200x800 with (Katana/Callisto 003) fix - No QE/CI yet

-Ethernet Realtek 8139/810 family - Working used (PCGenRTL8139Ethernet-1.2.0.kext) fix

-WireLess Broadcom (x4138) - Working used IO80211family.kext (add 4138 to plist)

-Audio Realtek High Definition - Woking used (ALC883Audio.mpkg) fix

-Battery Management - Working used (Powermanagement.kext) fix

Drives used for me to my Machine:

Drives_For_X200m.zip

If you to need help just ask me :P

Edited by claytonpereira

The menssagem of “Wait still root device” is because of the controlling ATA of chipset of the ATI X200m that did not have in the previous versions of patche of MacOSX JAS, but now in version 10.4.7 and 10.4.8 it has a controlling ATA for this Chipset to be installed.

Edited by claytonpereira

Yes, Well you can to make download with the BitTorrent program get here http://www.bittorrent.com/download.html, after search the torrent "JaS 10.4.8 DVD AMD AND INTEL SSE2 AND SSE3.torrent" in Site of the Demonoid. I guess that this. Now is only wait for Download. Good luck!

Edited by other

• 1 month later...

yeah, so i'm installing on a toshiba a70 rx1 notebook, installation works fine, i can format the drive and complete the install, then when restart it hangs at 'waiting for root device', it shows the icon with the slash through it. I installed Jas 10.4.7 Repack. Any help would be great. I've tried 10.4.8 with ppf and disk utility patches and I can get as far as formatting the drive, but then ti doesn't appear in the list of drives to select. Any help would be appreciated.

• 2 months later...

For those having problems with "STILL WAITING FOR ROOT DEVICE", remove your Hard Drive and check for its jumper settings. Make it MASTER with no slave and DO NOT use cable select. If it doesnt cure the problem, try removing your DVD Writer and place it in the secondary master. If it's a laptop, try using an external IDE-to-USB interface if your USB port is listed under HCL. If it still persist, try removing your HDD and place it to another computer (even of different specs) capable of runnng a natively installed Mac OS X86. Then install your HDD there (and check for the installation options matching your computer), after installation is complete, install the driver for the x200m chipset, remove your HDD and place it back to your computer...surely it will run now. Do not be afraid to experiment, there are a lot of ways to Kill a cat.

• 1 month later...

Olá Persistente, estou tendo problemas em configurar o usb do meu notebook HP ZE2410br pois está conflitando com o teclado/mouse PS2. Gostaria que se possível você me mandasse os kexts IOUSBFamiy e o ApplePS2Controller que funcionam contigo.

Obrigado desde já.

Abraço!

Acer Aspire 3100 - Mac OS X v10 4 8 - JaS AMD Intel -Samythes - Kernel 8.8.1

Drives used for me to my Machine:

Drives_For_X200m.zip

If you to need help just ask me :)

Hey MAN!!! THANKS TO YOU VERY MUCH!

finally I have Mac OS working on my book:

Acer Aspire 5100.

This info maybe will need for some body:

Video - Work but, not in dual mode.

Sound - Easily Installed

Network RTL8139 - Have some trouble at first step, then I read doc, and after delete all other RTL8139, and after it it borks with any problem

Network Wireless Broadcom 4318 - By manual, easily installed.

Battery Management - by manual installed.

Thanks To you again for the drivers.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I will try to install OSx86 (10.4.8) on my laptop.

Here are the specs:

Laptop Compaq V5101US

CPU: Mobile AMD Sempron 3300+

Memory: 1.00GB RAM

Video: Ati Mobility Radeon Xpress 200 (128MB)

Audio: Conexant AC-Link Audio

Network: Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC

Wireless Network: Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN

Some hints ?

Your help will be much appreciated!

All the best!!!

• 1 month later...

Aspire 5101 ANWLMi AMD Turion 64 MK36

------------

MUST INSTALL THROUGH VMWARE - BUT WILL NOT GO FURTHER THAN GREY SCREEN ****]] NOTE - Currently the latest disk with PPF1 and PPF2 will not detect the SATA HDD, so no install.

Only VMWARE?

• 4 weeks later...

You are my new best friend, i've been looking for these drivers forever... having wireless will make it completely worth it even without QE/CI... Too bad QE/CI isnt possible with the x200. One day it will happen though im convinced lol

EDIT: After reading about everyone having trouble with installing on the x200 i id it, flawless install about 15 minutes to install and it runs quite beautifully, my wireless is completely fuctioning with tese provided drivers and I'm working on my graphics now, my audio was the model for these drivers but i got major kernal panics on boot to the point i couldnt get into mac so i removed the audio drivers. w00t! it's working better than i thought it would.