VMWare + 10.4.8 SSE2 and 3 JaS DVD

banz

11 posts in this topic

I have got passed the installation stage but when it restarts it hangs with "_" on a black screen after POST. There is no error message at all. Have checked the partition and it is set to af and active. I then boot with DVD and load up terminal, the files are all installed and verified disk is fine. I'm sure my DVD works as I have succesfully installed it natively on other machines.

The only packages I have installed are 10.4.8 for Intel, X11, and 10.4.5 Login windows.

Followed the guides here and have set pavem=true, remove all the scsi lines, set as ide hard drive, chosen lsi bus, removed all sound, usb, network devices and set it as windows NT. Hard drive independent - persistent.

The only thing I couldn't do was to disable Intel Virtualization in the bios. As I'm using a sony laptop and they have very restricted options in them. Could that be the problem?

Using a T2300 core duo 1.67 ghz, sata disk, 2gb ram sony laptop.

If anyone could provide any help that would be great,

Thanks,

BaNZ

Edited by banz

It is said that 10.4.8 SSE2 and 3 JaS DVD can't correctly handle the partition. The way to deal with it is use other DVDs like 10.4.6 JaS to create the partition then restart with 10.4.8 JaS DVD to continue install. It will then boot without problem.

I did get the JaS 10.4.8 dvd working. You have to make sure when your doing the installation to only select the AMD patches even if your on an Intel platform. Thats the only way I got it to work and I have tried about 7 times in all. The only thing I need to fix now is sound and ethernet anybody that has got that working please post your solution. Hope that helps if you want I can post a screen shot as well.

I did get the JaS 10.4.8 dvd working. You have to make sure when your doing the installation to only select the AMD patches even if your on an Intel platform. Thats the only way I got it to work and I have tried about 7 times in all. The only thing I need to fix now is sound and ethernet anybody that has got that working please post your solution. Hope that helps if you want I can post a screen shot as well.

My sound and ethernet work fine. I posted on your other thread.

• 2 weeks later...