OSx86 on Xeon

65 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That the SAS version of the board?

If so... does the SAS controller show up?

I'm looking at getting the SAS version.... slotting my LSI PCI-X133 dual channel U320 card... a LSI dual port 2Gb/sec PCI-X133 fiber channel card in the other PCI-X slot....... I know the U320 card works.... gotta wait for the Fiber channel card to show up to test it out....

Figure its about time I get myself a monster file server together and have some fun.. maybe a dozen spindles on the SCSI side.... maybe a dozen on the FC side...... maybe a SAS drive or two when i can pick em up used and cheap...

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to hear Prestonias are working! I scored a Precision 530 with dual 1.8's for $150 on Ebay and I'd really like to dualboot Windows 2000 and OS X. I'm more concerned about chipset support- has anyone had issues with AGP speed (IE, AGP graphics cards recognized at PCI)

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I tried installing OSX86 (Leopard) on my pc, seemed to work fine, but when I try to boot from the system HDD, it waits after "Verifying DMI Pool Data" without any error message...

If anyone can help, it would nice... I saw one of you had the same motherboard as me, maybe something must be done in the bios.

Thanks a lot

My configuration:

NCCH-DL

2x Xeon 3.4 (Nocona)

2gb DDR400

quadro FX3000

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys i managed to get native to work on my xeon platform, here are my specs:

NCCH-DL, 2x Xeon 2.8 (Nocona)

1gb DDR400

PNY quadro 750xgl

Hi Earion & everyone,

I'm using the motherboard you have too. I just installed OSX (Kalyway 10,5,1) but I still have some problems:

- I can't find any solution to have sound. SoundMax don't seem to be active in OSX (no input/output device found)...

- The system seems to run a bit slowly: using Xbench, it shows me a really slow hard drive activity, the rest seems almost ok. OSX86's system drive is primary master connected on first IDE PATA port.

- An other problems, not really bothering me : no sata HD recognized (whatever the changes I do in the bios)

Thanks for help

Olivier

NCCH-DL, dual Xeon 3.4 (Nocona)

2GB DDR400

Quadro FX 3000

One more thing:

THANKS A LOT TO KALYWAY AND ALL THE TEAM, it's a real chance to find people like you on the net, great job!!!

• 2 months later...

**Update**

Im now running 10.5.2 Kalyway Using Kabyl kernel

Dual Xeon 3.2 Irwindale chips HT enabled

4Gb DDR2 400 ECC enabled ( although when i want to use a game i tend to disable for more performance)

Nvidia 8600GTS full QE/CI 256 mb of GDDR3

Broadcom Netextreme Gigabit Ethernet

Pretty much everything worked out of the box

Hope this helps some

PS

Thaddeus Smith - My system also only said I was using 3 processors out of 4 however when you open Activity monitor , you should see 4 processors working for you. I think the processor report isnt pulling the information correctly. I went in and manually changed mine to show 2 x 3.2 GHz Intel Xeon processors in the plist file. Go to /System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app/Contents/Resources/YOURLANGUAGE.lproj

and edit the "AboutThisMac.string" using any editor of choice. Look for "ABOUT_BOX_MULTIPLE_PROCESSOR_FIELD_FORMAT" = "xyz" and change xyz to "whatever your processors are here" like "4 x 2.8 GHz Intel Xeon".

Hope this helps you out some. This isnt to enable processors , but just to change what it shows. Again, to see if your processors are working ( all four cores ) just open activity monitor and verify you have 4 processors under the CPU section.

post-146454-1211603721_thumb.jpeg

Kalyway 10.5.1 with the Kaly 10.5.2 update & kernel patch running great on a Supermicro x7DWA-N (5400 chipset). All 8 cores & 8Gb ram seen by OSX, all HD's work etc. System ran great with an 8800GT but am currently attempting to get 9800GTX fully working, expect it to take not too much effort just need to find the time.

• 2 months later...
I've got Kalyway 10.5.2 running perfectly with my D5400XS(Skulltrail) board and two E5410 2.33 GHz quad-core Xeons. All eight cores show up in the system profiler.

I see that you are using 8800GT. Just want to know did you removed the GeForce.kext and NVDResman.kext? I've got mine installed with retail leopard using boot132 CD. But I need to remove both the GeForce.kext and NVDResman.kext else kernel panic during boot. I believed it was conflicted with my HD2600XT on Natit. thanks.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and needs loads of help. I have an Asus PC-DL Delux Mobo, 4 gig Ram & ATI Radeon Mobo. I would like to install snow leop 10 on it and was wondering if anyone has done this. Can you point me in the direction of the tutorial or guides on how I can do this please. Sorry to be a pain.