Partition table error, how do i fix that?

2 posts in this topic

Greetings everyone. I'm trying to install osx86 hotiso 10.4.6 on my hp via VMWare.

I have two issues. First, everything goes well until its time for the first boot (thru VMWare). When it reboots, I get the "missing operating system" error. I already set the partition to primary and bootable through the mac installer terminal program. I also have the hard drive partition set to independent/persistent. I don't know why this is. Second, and I think this might be my problem, when I stop the virtual machine and try to restart it after the boot fails I get this message along with the 'tone of death'.

Cannot open the disk 'C:\Documents and Settings\Reid\My Documents\My Virtual Machines\FreeBSD\FreeBSD (2).vmdk' or one of the snapshot disks it depends on.

Reason: The partition table on the physical disk has changed since the disk was created. Remove the physical disk from the virtual machine, then add it again.

What am I doing wrong? I'm pretty sure I'm missing one setting somewhere. Can any of you help a mere mortal out here?

I looked for the file after vmware had no idea, and I found it easily, right in the directory it was supposed to be in.

Edited by bigeeezee

iam begginer in os x like you but i dont use vmware because i install os x in standalone hard drive, anyway you said I already set the partition to primary and bootable through the mac installer terminal program. but if you dont make os x drive active you can not boot os x you must go in windows xp and make this drive os x active i think this is your proplem .

go in windows xp : control panel - Administrative Tools - Computer Management - Disk Management

and right click on your drive os x and click mark partition as active ok

and this will help you so good : http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=22844

Edited by shopan_sanoy